Draft a QB

I think the jets could’ve swung trades for young guys with potential to sit behind Rodgers and not give up much (Howell, Pickett, fields (how you feel about them aside, they are young and have upside))

I don’t see this regime on the hot seat using a pick on a qb that they could not be around to even see play.

• Upvote 2

I don’t think drafting a qb is off the table but I doubt if they’ll use the ten pick.  They could trade back and then use the extra pick on one. Or they could use a day three pick.  They won’t use the ten because the guys would be sitting on the bench for maybe two or three seasons while Rodgers gets played out.  That’s a lot of resources used on a bench warmer.

• Upvote 4

The Jets need a QB3.   I think B-QB-A in the fourth round is a good move.  

Tyrod would get hurt if he needs to play.

If it were me, I would have traded for Fields or Howell, kept the money and had (in the case of Howell) 2 years of upside).  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jamesr said:

"Secure our next 15 years" with the 4th or 5th QB off the board?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

No, but the jets always have to import their backup qbs too.  They would rather take a safety in the 4th than a guy like Pratt who could be a viable backup for a long time.  The jets have imported 2 qbs in the past 2 yrs b/c they can’t draft them.  It’s a problem 

No, but the jets always have to import their backup qbs too.  They would rather take a safety in the 4th than a guy like Pratt who could be a viable backup for a long time.  The jets have imported 2 qbs in the past 2 yrs b/c they can’t draft them.  It’s a problem 
I'm fine with drafting a mid / late round guy to be a developmental project. But to expect us to hit in a 10-15 year starter at #10 is quite the stretch.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Need to read the room bud, too many jobs on the line for the jets staff to use their last possible 1st round draft pick on a guy they hope doesn’t play.

That’s why Woody needs to “read the room”.  

The whole regime should be fired as soon as Rodgers is done even with a SB win.

Have the Offensive coach already on the staff to help teach drafted QB Saleh couldn’t do this no matter what and neither can Hackett.

But this is the year to trade up and get said QB, Rodgers has gotten enough in FA to make a run at this thing the next 2 years now set this team up for post Rodgers as well that’s what we’ll run organizations do IE see Steelers Pittsburgh.

Trade UP to get this done!

• More Ugh 1

38 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

That’s why Woody needs to “read the room”.  

The whole regime should be fired as soon as Rodgers is done even with a SB win.

Have the Offensive coach already on the staff to help teach drafted QB Saleh couldn’t do this no matter what and neither can Hackett.

But this is the year to trade up and get said QB, Rodgers has gotten enough in FA to make a run at this thing the next 2 years now set this team up for post Rodgers as well that’s what we’ll run organizations do IE see Steelers Pittsburgh.

Trade UP to get this done!

He couldn’t fire them this off season, when they signed Rodgers, it was basically a 2 year pact. No legitimate candidates would have entered this situation this offseason. The bed has already been made.

people who want to draft a rd1 qb or trade up and get a QB are looking at this situation as a fan and what would be great for the long term of the franchise. We’ll still be here in a few more seasons. JD, Saleh, and co can’t make decisions on how things will play out in a few years, they have no time to right the ship. It’s 2024 or bust. So again, read the room, and it’ll be a lot easier to accept what’s going on.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Grandy said:

It's the perfect opportunity to actually do this thing right. Rodgers is coming off a serious injury at 41, and we are in a good position to secure the future of the most important position. A QB room of Rodgers and Taylor would be a dream scenario for mentoring a QB. To take a top prospect and have him sit and learn from two true veterans, with one of them being an all time great, is an opportunity we've never had and will never have again. Now that we've greatly improved our o-line, I feel even stronger about making this move.

There will be plenty of good options at 10, but the chance to secure our next 15 years with a QB pick cannot be passed up if it's there. I would gladly take any of the top 4 QB prospects if they fell to 10. Also, if we like somebody enough, we have a solid enough roster to trade up without destroying our foundation. Opportunities like this don't grow on trees. We can actually develop a QB the right way, and we have a good pick to do so. It would not be like the past.

We have no future right now, but there's a good chance to rectify that in April. Successfully drafting and developing a QB into a great player is possibly the most important thing a team can do to secure long-term success in the NFL.

Don’t worry, the new administration will draft a QB next year.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

SamHartman112123.jpg.860abf45d57586e23d138b0d128cbfdb.jpg

Target Sam Hartman in round 6 or 7. 57 starts in collegiate career. Super experienced. IMO would be a solid get in the later rounds.

He was awful in the senior bowl and awful at the combine.  Not sure what happened to him but he is an udfa right now if you ask me.

The guys I showed are better options imo:   Devin Leary, Michael Pratt, Jordan Travis, Carter Bradley

• Upvote 1

• Grandy changed the title to Draft a QB