A Solid Off-Season From Joe Douglas Means Absolutely Nothing...

So long as Robert Saleh is coaching this team. He has no say or idea what the offense is doing on a weekly basis, and that won't be changing with Rodgers' and his drinking buddy running the show next year. The team has no discipline, particularly on defense, and that won't change with the vacation-camp Saleh runs.

All of this will likely be for naught. I don't see how Saleh, with his lack of leadership, will be able to integrate these pieces for a successful 2024. 

So kudos to Douglas for trying, but Saleh and his laissez-faire attitude towards actually working will be what destroys this team.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 3

7 Wins each of the last 2 years with the worst QB room in the NFL. top 5 defense. 

how many coaches can win 7 games with the 30th rank QB in the NFL? 

and he even went 2-1 with Trevor Sieman who is worst than Zach Wilson.

but yeah he sucks...

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, doitny said:

7 Wins each of the last 2 years with the worst QB room in the NFL. top 5 defense. 

but yeah he sucks...

I am certainly not sold on Saleh, and certainly not Hack, but this is a valid point.  

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, doitny said:

but yeah he sucks...

I get the cringeworthiness of "commanders and crows".

But ehh, when you have no offensive tackles and the worst quarterback in the league, like, what are you supposed to "scheme up"?

I live in Denver and look at the glorious job Sean Payton did here last year. When you don't have a quarterback, you're gonna suck.

Look at McVay's record when Stafford went down in '22. How did Belli do last year?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

So long as Robert Saleh is coaching this team. He has no say or idea what the offense is doing on a weekly basis, and that won't be changing with Rodgers' and his drinking buddy running the show next year. The team has no discipline, particularly on defense, and that won't change with the vacation-camp Saleh runs.

All of this will likely be for naught. I don't see how Saleh, with his lack of leadership, will be able to integrate these pieces for a successful 2024. 

So kudos to Douglas for trying, but Saleh and his laissez-faire attitude towards actually working will be what destroys this team.

Boring

• Upvote 1

Same old nonsense again?

• Upvote 2

"no discipline,particularly on defense", please explain what the hell your talking about!!! if you wrote offense i would understand, but defense????

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I get the cringeworthiness of "commanders and crows".

But ehh, when you have no offensive tackles and the worst quarterback in the league, like, what are you supposed to "scheme up"?

I live in Denver and look at the glorious job Sean Payton did here last year. When you don't have a quarterback, you're gonna suck.

Look at McVay's record when Stafford went down in '22. How did Belli do last year?

exactly.

and Russ Wilson was 10 times better than Zach and they still won 7 games win him.

Jax won 8 with Trevor who completed 65% 21 TDs and 14 Ints. yet so may people here wanted Peterson as coach. 

Zach comp 60% 8 TDs and 7 ints. if Saleh had Trevor last year we would be in the playoffs. 

• Upvote 2

Fans not trying to hear this after a big signing but I totally agree

• Upvote 1

No discipline on defense?  Hwhat?  Because of a couple roughing the passers or late hits?  Interesting take. 

The beauty about this team is, no matter how bad you think Saleh is as a coach, we have a good defense and Rodgers knows how to run an offense.  If Rodgers goes down though it's all over, same as last year(only now I won't have to read for 4 months straight about how we sucked because we didn't sign Colt McCoy).  

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, bonkertons said:

No discipline on defense?  Hwhat?  Because of a couple roughing the passers or late hits?  Interesting take. 

The beauty about this team is, no matter how bad you think Saleh is as a coach, we have a good defense and Rodgers knows how to run an offense.  If Rodgers goes down though it's all over, same as last year(only now I won't have to read for 4 months straight about how we sucked because we didn't sign Colt McCoy).  

The Jets averaged 7.3 penalties per game, which led the league by a country mile. 

Outside the Wilson disaster it's been a lot of bad luck. Maybe that's not acceptable but that's how i see it. 

I mean the oline injuries alone are ridiculous. Rodgers getting hurt is the football gods laughing like that scene in the 1989 Batman when the joker sees his face in the mirror after surgery from falling in the chemicals and starts laughing hysterically...Its disturbing 

this is saleh's season to screw up.  douglas has filled the cupboard minus a few items so it's up to saleh to put the team together.  if the athletic article is accurate about his thin skin then he's going to be hard pressed.  and if he thinks he can rely on the coordinators or position coaches then he shouldn't be a head coach.