ZACH WILSON isn’t on the Jets anymore discussion (merged)

LOL 
Haven’t seen [mention=28731]Dunnie[/mention] or [mention=39756]Hal[/mention] or [mention=34644]Hal N of Provo[/mention] in awhile.
Seriously though if SP the QB whisperer can’t even help ZW, what chance did the Jets (or Mike LaFleur) ever have?
At least the Broncos weren’t stupid enough to enter an NFL season with ZW as their unquestioned QB1 for 2 years and then unmotivated and unquestioned QB2 for a 3rd year.
I'm here .. just weirdly less interested in Zach than most of the guys posting in this thread. ... I turned the page when he was no longer a Jet ... Was following out of curiosity alone pretty much.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I'm here .. just weirdly less interested in Zach than most of the guys posting in this thread. emoji1787.png... I turned the page when he was no longer a Jet ... Was following out of curiosity alone pretty much.

So weird that you care less about him now that it’s confirmed he sucks.  I’m sure you’d be similarly disinterested about the situation if he was named the Week 1 QB1.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LaFleur tried to dumb down the offense to make it a half-field 1st read / no read else throw the ball away mental algorithm for Zach, and Zach couldn't even execute what was being asked of him in that type of scenario.

It was hubris 🤡 at the highest levels that this organization continued to push all its chips into the middle of the table on a complete bust for 2 full seasons while allowing the elite young talent on this team to potentially die on the vine.

It's the same kind of wanton idiotic / franchise-killing logic that prevented the Jets from taking Mahomes because they wanted to give Hindenberg another year to show what he could do.

Hackett is a hack.  Lafleur was actually a good offensive coordinator and he fell on the sword for Zach

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

I wish we had MLF in the Sanchez and Chad years

7 hours ago, bicketybam said:

A 15 year old OC would have been dope.

5 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

I’d like you to make sense

Mike LeFluer was born in 1987. Pennington's first year starting was 2002. Do the math, Skippy.

11 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I'm here .. just weirdly less interested in Zach than most of the guys posting in this thread. emoji1787.png... I turned the page when he was no longer a Jet ... Was following out of curiosity alone pretty much.

People tend to be less interested in rehashing topics they were considtently and catastrophically wrong about for years.

• Haha 1

If this thread is any indicator  the Zach stink on the Jets is alive and well. 
The blame game is muddy here .. from observation ...

Zach has some talent

Zach was over drafted by the Jets

The Jets could not coach what they drafted

The Jets had No OLine and only one wide receiver to help a developmental player

Zach did not develop enough and continued to suck

Ultimate Culpability... Joe Douglas

End Result ... Zach Still Sucks

People tend to be less interested in rehashing topics they were considtently and catastrophically wrong about for years.
Meh ... I defended the kid against haters .... hoped to see improvement that never came ... Never countered against reasonable and well deserved criticism ... More countering against attacks on his mom, religion, economic background, hair, baseless mike white apostlization etc etc etc ... To this point in his life ... Zach is not NFL material. But he does have physical gifts you can't coach.

8 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

The blame game is muddy here .. from observation ...

Zach has some talent

Zach was over drafted by the Jets

The Jets could not coach what they drafted

The Jets had No OLine and only one wide receiver to help a developmental player

Zach did not develop enough and continued to suck

Ultimate Culpability... Joe Douglas

End Result ... Zach Still Sucks

Simplified version:  JD sucks for drafting Zach, a midround caliber prospect, 2 overall in a loaded class and Zach sucks for sucking. 

All that other stuff you said:  Not really relevant.  

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

But he does have physical gifts you can't coach.

He’s also uncoachable in every other way.   And we’re still waiting for him to show off these physical gifts in an actual NFL game, 4 years in.

• Upvote 1

Simplified version:  JD sucks for drafting Zach, a midround caliber prospect, 2 overall in a loaded class and Zach sucks for sucking. 
All that other stuff you said:  Not really relevant.  
I'd disagree ... not holding JD and the organization accountable for failing to put the kid in the best position possible is egregiously negligent ... sugar coating the failures.

He’s also uncoachable in every other way.   And we’re still waiting for him to show off these physical gifts in an actual NFL game, 4 years in.
I agree with that .. mind blowing that he never had a completely dominant game ... Ever

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I'd disagree ... not holding JD and the organization accountable for failing to put the kid in the best position possible is thus egregiously negligent ... Is sugar coating the failures.

“Egregiously negligent”, lol.  You talk about the Zach era like it was Darnold-level rosters/coaching and it simply wasn’t.  

MLF was a fine OC who got scapegoated by Zach’s awfulness, and he got to play with Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall, 2 of the top 20 (at minimum) Weppinz in Jets’ history.  Plus for the first 2 seasons and 6 games of his career the OL gave him adequate pocket time per the metrics, despite your opinion otherwise.  

# 2 overalls usually don’t walk into good situations (look at the mess CJ Stroud walked into) and the Jets were far from great but it was absolutely an adequate environment he failed miserably in.  4 other trash QBs proved you could play fairly well in it too, or at least significantly better than Zach did.

One look by Sean Payton and he’s a QB3 in a weak QB room.  C’mon now.  That part isn’t on the Jets, it’s on Zach, and is proof positive how much he sucks independent of external factors.  And we predicted exactly this.  

“Egregiously negligent”, lol.  You talk about the Zach era like it was Darnold-level rosters/coaching and it simply wasn’t.  
MLF was a fine OC who got scapegoated by Zach’s awfulness, and he got to play with Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall, 2 of the top 20 (at minimum) Weppinz in Jets’ history.  Plus for the first 2 seasons and 6 games of his career the OL gave him adequate pocket time per the metrics, despite your opinion otherwise.  
# 2 overalls usually don’t walk into good situations (look at the mess CJ Stroud walked into) and the Jets were far from great but it was absolutely an adequate environment he failed miserably in.  4 other trash QBs proved you could play fairly well in it too, or at least significantly better than Zach did.
One look by Sean Payton and he’s a QB3 in a weak QB room.  C’mon now.  That part isn’t on the Jets, it’s on Zach, and is proof positive how much he sucks independent of external factors.  And we predicted exactly this.  
Goes back to what you said before ... Drafting him at no. 2 overall was the biggest blunder of the entire fiasco... Followed by sticking with him uncontested for a second year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TBJ said:

Ooof!

I thought he'd end up on somebody's practice squad this year, but it sounds like that's not going to happen. If Sean Payton has given up on him, his career is over.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, sourceworx said:

Ooof!

I thought he'd end up on somebody's practice squad this year, but it sounds like that's not going to happen. If Sean Payton has given up on him, his career is over.

Denver head coach Sean Payton said, “We’ll see,” when asked if Wilson would have further chances to practice with the first-stringers.

lol

• Haha 1