ZACH WILSON isn’t on the Jets anymore discussion (merged)

12 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

9 wins and a wildcard?  Id take that 

You are so full of sh*t. How does that help us going into this year? The draft pick would have been even worse. You need to go into the playoffs with a real chance of making a run. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

9 wins and a wildcard?  Id take that 

Yup.  The alternative was tanking which this roster was too talented to attempt and deserved better.

A WC berth season would have given us something to build on the next year with Rodgers’ return.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In that case - why didn't the Jets trade away Zach Wilson when they acquired Aaron Rodgers?  

Whiffing on a # 2 overall pick is bad enough.  Continuing to give that sunk cost more opportunities to tank your season again and again is unforgivable.  You have to be willing to move on quickly....or at least hedge your bets a little....when its clear the guy you drafted high isn't any good.  Handing him the unquestioned QB1 job for 2 years and then the unquestioned QB2 job in year 3 were, as I said, unforgivable decisions. 

And these decisions were easily mitigated by bringing in a decent veteran option, of which there were numerous and were named on this very board.  Jacoby Brissett or Gardner MInshew gets us in the playoffs last season.

Agreed.  It seems like JD likes to live on the edge.  Patchwork OL relying on the health of oft injured vet players in combination with a 40 year old QB with a backup who has been absolutely inept up to this point.  It was certainly a recipe for disaster which blew up in their faces.

There's a decent chance ZW had just as little trade value as he did at the end of the year, so they decided to roll the dice on Rodgers' health in hopes that he can somehow squeeze some of the same juice out of him as he seemingly had done with Jordan Love.

I'm sure there were financial reasons, in combination with just the hope that the kid somehow snaps to it.  But obviously it didn't work.

It was easy to get rid of Lance because for the most part he hadn't seen the field.  He still had that luster of a top prospect.  ZW had shattered all illusion and was just a cap dump that nobody was taking on last year.  We can agree it was a mistake, but it's not like there was no potential upside.  Then they literally traded him for a bag of peanuts and we're done with him.  Good riddance, and once the season starts we will gladly never have to hear about him again.

I'm sure we'll have some good time in the preseason though exclaiming how glad we are that he's not on the team as we watch him fail miserably in the second half of all these preseason games as QB3.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, bicketybam said:

You are so full of sh*t. How does that help us going into this year? The draft pick would have been even worse.

We were one win away from going to a Super Bowl with a 9 win team and rookie Mark Buttfumble 

enough with obsession over draft position.  We had the second pick overall and flushed it down the toilet

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yup.  The alternative was tanking which this roster was too talented to attempt and deserved better.

A WC berth season would have given us something to build on the next year with Rodgers’ return.  

Jets fans are now rooting for the playoff-less streak to continue so we can draft the next Zach Wilson or Vernon Gholston 

• Haha 2

All things considered I agree with what the Jets did for back up QB in 2024, even if Woody said at the ESPY’s that he did not.  That was moronic.  
With a better OL and OC, even Zach could have won more games last year.  A strong roster and coaching got Mark Sanchez to the AFFCG two years in a row even if it was realized that, after you had to pay him and gut the roster, he could not carry the team on his own.  
With the roster the Jets have in 2024, it was worth overpaying Tyrod Taylor to back up.  

I disagree. Zach is generationally bad.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Stidham named the starter.

Nix is the 3rd Stringer

Means nothing.  It is a Bill Parcells trick.  All rookies at the bottom of the chart when it first comes out.

Bo Nix will be the week 1 starter and will win Rookie of the Year.

49 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Stidham named the starter.

Nix is the 3rd Stringer

32 minutes ago, Claymation said:

31 minutes ago, Claymation said:

30 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Premature victory lap SZN babyyyy

14 hours ago, Plen T said:

It’s gonna take longer than a month bruv 

The guy has had 40 something career starts.  It should have happened the day he walked in the building in March.  The fact that 2 neophytes are easily beating him out is downright embarrassing.

• Haha 1

According to reports Zach has been ok in practices. He's made good plays but looks to reporters like he's 3 on their depth chart. Of course no exhibition games played yet just practices. Payton likes Stidham he started him two games last year. He seems to know their offense the best. And Nix was their first round pick with a lot of starts at two major schools. Actually he's only 6 months younger than Zach. I could see Denver trying to trade Zach if he plays well in preseason games to get some of his due 2.75 off of the books. And go with a minimum wage guy as 3rd string QB. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

According to reports Zach has been ok in practices. He's made good plays but looks to reporters like he's 3 on the depth chart. Of course no exhibition games played yet just practices. Payton likes Stidham he started him two games last year. He seems to know their offense the best. And Nix was their first round pick with a lot of starts at two major schools. Actually he's only 6 months younger than Zach. I could see Denver trying to trade Zach if he plays well in preseason games to get some of his dude 2.75 off of the books. And go with a minimum wage guy as 3rd string QB. 

Why would anyone trade for him? That makes no sense.

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The guy has had 40 something career starts.  It should have happened the day he walked in the building in March.  The fact that 2 neophytes are easily beating him out is downright embarrassing.

Bo Nix is completing like 90% of his passes in camp 😂

It's non-contact and camp or whatever, but still -- Zach wouldn't be able to complete 90% unless maybe you put a BYU jersey on him in an otherwise empty football field with Dax Milne 20 yards downfield at a standstill squarely in the middle of the field.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Bo Nix is completing like 90% of his passes in camp 😂

It's non-contact and camp or whatever, but still -- Zach wouldn't be able to complete 90% unless maybe you put a BYU jersey on him in an otherwise empty football field with Dax Milne 20 yards downfield at a standstill squarely in the middle of the field.

you all too hard on zack.  he has thrown some really eye popping passes. he's flashed.  he just needs better coaching.  he needs more time.  you guyz have no patience.  give him weaponz and a good offensive line.  greatness takes time.  rome was not burned in a day. 

• Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Would be a major contrarian play for fantasy purposes if Bo Nix is somehow Drew Brees in year 1.

But with the "weapons" 😂 at his disposal, it's hard to see that offense being successful, even if Nix is somehow good.

Hes got decent weapons.  Courtland Sutton is a very good receiver, Mims and Franklin are young but with talent, Greg Dulcich will be a pass catching stud at te if he stays healthy.  Javante willimas is year 2 off knee injury and has real soft hands out of the backfield.

And sean payton can scheme anyone open.

Bo Nix will be rookie of the year and Denver will smash the over on 5.5 wins.

Zach will be out of the league in 4 weeks.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Hes got decent weapons.  Courtland Sutton is a very good receiver, Mims and Franklin are young but with talent, Greg Dulcich will be a pass catching stud at te if he stays healthy.  Javante willimas is year 2 off knee injury and has real soft hands out of the backfield.

And sean payton can scheme anyone open.

Bo Nix will be rookie of the year and Denver will smash the over on 5.5 wins.

Zach will be out of the league in 4 weeks.

@Raideraholic Can teach you a couple things. 

• Haha 2

Zach Wilson is falling behind at training camp

https://gridironheroics.com/zach-wilson-out-race-denver-broncos-nfl-news/

According to Nick Kosmider with The Athletic, Wilson has had good moments in training camp. Still, he’s been too inconsistent with deep-ball accuracy and has issues adapting to pressure. He’s falling out of the race for the QB1 job, as Wilson isn’t getting enough reps with the first team to stay in contention with Nix and Stidham

• Haha 2

You know, I was really uncertain this morning, was sitting drinking my coffee, and wondering "Hmmmm, is Zach Wilson on the Jets?"

Vexing, this question was.  I was really hoping their might be some kind of Oracle, some magical vision that could answer this burning question.

Then I came to JN, and I saw this thread.

And now I know.  He's not.

Man, am I glad JN and this thread exists.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Means nothing.  It is a Bill Parcells trick.  All rookies at the bottom of the chart when it first comes out.

Bo Nix will be the week 1 starter and will win Rookie of the Year.

Agree and it’s the smart move.  No need to wreck Nix’s confidence with week 1 at Seattle

God I would love to see Zach end his career week 1 this season

19 hours ago, TBJ said:

Zach Wilson is falling behind at training camp

According to Nick Kosmider with The Athletic, Wilson has had good moments in training camp. Still, he’s been too inconsistent with deep-ball accuracy and has issues adapting to pressure. He’s falling out of the race for the QB1 job, as Wilson isn’t getting enough reps with the first team to stay in contention with Nix and Stidham

lol wasn't deep ball accuracy supposed to be his biggest strength?  When in doubt just throw it up to your fast guys to run under or if someone has single coverage on the outside give a back shoulder throw a try to at minimum draw a flag.  It isn't that complicated to hit on those from time to time and he can't even do that in year 4.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol wasn't deep ball accuracy supposed to be his biggest strength?  When in doubt just throw it up to your fast guys to run under or if someone has single coverage on the outside give a back shoulder throw a try to at minimum draw a flag.  It isn't that complicated to hit on those from time to time and he can't even do that in year 4.

He's not going to adjust to the high altitude in one camp brav.

Let's see what happens in year 6.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Anyone can look like a young Dan Marino throwing against the Misssoula Community College secondary during COVID 

I remember 3 years ago Cris Collinsworth posted a video jizzing over Zach Wilson’s deep ball throws.  Chris Simms is an exposed hack.  Dan Orlovsky and Max Kellerman has zero credibility but Collinsworth’s opinion I have some respect for he played wide receiver and has been analyzing football as an announcer for 30+ years and boy did he get fooled

13 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Anyone can look like a young Dan Marino throwing against the Misssoula Community College secondary during COVID

I remember 3 years ago Cris Collinsworth posted a video jizzing over Zach Wilson’s deep ball throws.  Chris Simms is an exposed hack.  Dan Orlovsky and Max Kellerman has zero credibility but Collinsworth’s opinion I have some respect for he played wide receiver and has been analyzing football as an announcer for 30+ years and boy did he get fooled

LOL

Yeah, the NCAA season was on the brink of cancellation that year before Trev Lawrence and a few other guys stepped up and said they wanted to play.

Nothing was normal.  Teams couldn't practice.  Nation was on lockdown.

ZW puts up some numbers against SW Oklahoma Community College and Joe Douglas is floored.

He didn't even play well vs Coastal Carolina.

Broncos coach Sean Payton hasn’t announced it officially, but Zach Wilson has fallen out of the race for the starting job. Wilson, acquired in a trade with the Jets in April, has had only one turn with the first-team offense in 10 practices. That came more than one week ago. Rookie Bo Nix and veteran holdover Jarrett Stidham took turns running the top offense in the other nine practices.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL

Yeah, the NCAA season was on the brink of cancellation that year before Trev Lawrence and a few other guys stepped up and said they wanted to play.

Nothing was normal.  Teams couldn't practice.  Nation was on lockdown.

ZW puts up some numbers against SW Oklahoma Community College and Joe Douglas is floored.

He didn't even play well vs Coastal Carolina.

Broncos coach Sean Payton hasn’t announced it officially, but Zach Wilson has fallen out of the race for the starting job. Wilson, acquired in a trade with the Jets in April, has had only one turn with the first-team offense in 10 practices. That came more than one week ago. Rookie Bo Nix and veteran holdover Jarrett Stidham took turns running the top offense in the other nine practices.

ZW is QB2 in name only.  If and when Stiffham gets benched they are going straight to Nix