ZACH WILSON isn’t on the Jets anymore discussion (merged)

3 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

You're a funny dude.

When he was in Tampa Testaverde's propensity for throwing INTs was so bad the team resorted to giving him tests for Color Blindness. They couldn't believe a QB could miss a Receiver by the huge margins he was racking up.

Zach has nothing in common with Vinny as an athlete or as a player.  Vinny was 6’5, 240 had one of the best arms in the NFL during his time  and was insanely durable.  Zach is undersized, fragile both mentally and physically and his arm is not Chad Pennington but he is not on the same planet as a thrower as Vinny.  Zach is also an uncoachable ass clown 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I didn't have Zach Wilson isn't an all-time terrible bust because look at Vinnie Testaverde on my August bingo card but here we are.

Stars are the most erratic and unpredictable right before they explode. We are witnessing the final moments before Zach’s remaining defenders go supernova.

12 hours ago, jgb said:

Stars are the most erratic and unpredictable right before they explode. We are witnessing the final moments before Zach’s remaining defenders go supernova.

I saw a stat that said Wilson threw 50% of his passes at or behind the line of scrimmage in 2023. I find that very high for a pro team.

• More Ugh 1

17 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

We must have a lot of younger posters who never saw Vinny play.  He was a waaayyyy better player than Zach Wilson.  He could actually read defenses and convert on third down

In his 2nd year mate?

35 intercepts and a 47% completion rate

Doesn’t seem like it

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Testaverde9819 said:

Do ppl understand that Testaverde was the best QB in the NFL in 1998. It's one of the best QB yrs of the 90s. He was borderline perfect that year. I think he was 12-1 before the afc championship loss

Keep glossing over he had one of the worst seasons of all time in his 2nd season

13 TDs 35 intercepts and 47% completions to boot

1 minute ago, Plen T said:

Keep glossing over he had one of the worst seasons of all time in his 2nd season

13 TDs 35 intercepts and 47% completions to boot

Troy Aikman sucked in his second year, so did Jeff George, and so did favre. Well favre didn't suck but he was wild in his first couple years starting 

7 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

emoji1787.png ... This may very well be the last of Zach today. This is his only shot to grab onto a practice squad spot.5adc7baa1826630c26e9fbafbc897012.jpg4355677af4f5d26968e078a2f93066f9.jpgf53cf5ec5410d1e19c6370b99b9ae4b1.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Jets need a QB3 that knows the offense 

Season 3 Laughing GIF by The Simpsons

• Haha 3

Zach isn't a turnover machine partly out of luck. He was pretty lucky esp on that dumb throw that hit the AZ player in the numbers. He has a good fastball that could be a reason for the lack of picks. We also saw at least one play running backwards. Countered by that good run for 21 when he changed direction pretty smoothly he looked good on it. I still think Denver hopes to trade him Payton is building him up with the press and you know it's BS. I think they'll go with Stidham at 2 but Zach costs them less money. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Zach isn't a turnover machine partly out of luck. He was pretty lucky esp on that dumb throw that hit the AZ player in the numbers. He has a good fastball that could be a reason for the lack of picks. We also saw at least one play running backwards. Countered by that good run for 21 when he changed direction pretty smoothly he looked good on it. I still think Denver hopes to trade him Payton is building him up with the press and you know it's BS. I think they'll go with Stidham at 2 but Zach costs them less money. 

No one is trading for Zach Wilson. They would wait for him to be cut.

• Upvote 1

Well the PI was a good play by DB because that was an easy TD. Also pretty close on next pass knocked out of receivers hands at last second not a bad pass. Plus Zach recovered fumble. He's so far having a good game. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Well the PI was a good play by DB because that was an easy TD. Also pretty close on next pass knocked out of receivers hands at last second not a bad pass. Plus Zach recovered fumble. He's so far having a good game. 

Agreed…but we’ve seen this movie before.   

• Upvote 1

Zach's played about two quarters and only 10 points. No turnovers. That's not good enough to be a starter. But he can be a decent backup imo go into a game and make plays. He still can't consistently move an offense and score enough points. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Zach is a decent 3rd string qb.  He has found his niche.  Unfortunately, lots of teams dont carry a 3rd string qb.

He’s a horrendous 3rd stringer. Neither a developmental prospect with upside nor a guy you can trust to manage a game.

• Upvote 1