2024 NFL linebacker unit rankings: Jets and 49ers take the top spots

Mike135

Williams-Quincy-Alamy-scaled.thumb.jpg.46232cc51c48e1861dff54dc0bda7ea3.jpg

• The Jets' defensive dominance continues to linebacker units: New York also placed first in PFF's defensive line rankings.

1. NEW YORK JETS

The Jets rostered two of the 10 highest-graded linebackers in the NFL last season. C.J. Mosley and Quincy Williams were at their best in coverage, where they ranked first and second in PFF grade at the position, respectively.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2024-linebacker-unit-rankings-new-york-jets-san-francisco-49ers

• Upvote 1

On 6/27/2024 at 4:01 PM, The Crusher said:

WTF? List is awful. Raiders at 15? @Raideraholic Blasphemy!!

Defense line plays a big part in these lbs rankings.    Raiders finally  have a defense line as good as any team in football. ( they are going to hit the Qb alot) .   Less time Qb can hold the football , better your lbs look. also an offense line has to account for that defense line.( frees up to the lbs just to run to football- instead taken on blocks .   

Let’s just say with Antonio Pierce former great lb , Mike Caldwell -excellent  lb coach , Marvin Lewis ( assistant head coach - dc of the great ravens defense , Rob Ryan , and Dc Patrick Graham.    Raiders have lbs, and coaches ( who know what they are looking for) who can develop them.     They only play with two .   1 Robert Spillane - had excellent season . Divine Deablo - former safety has it all size6’3 240 speed 4.4 going into contract year. ( has to stay healthy- missing a lot games has hurt his development.  Will eventually be a bigtime star even if not in Raiders uniform.   3.Luke Masterson - former safety has played very well in relief of Deablo.  4Tommy freaking Eichenberg - guy they drafted this year.  5 Amari Burney - former safety - was I believe the guy that ran stride for stride with b bowers - tipped the ball away and Brock still caught for touchdown.  6 Amari Gainer( Florida st ) - I think this Udfa forces himself on 53  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Defense line plays a big part in these lbs rankings.    Raiders finally  have a defense line as good as any team in football. ( they are going to hit the Qb alot) .   Less time Qb can hold the football , better your lbs look. also an offense line has to account for that defense line.( frees up to the lbs just to run to football- instead taken on blocks .   

Let’s just say with Antonio Pierce former great lb , Mike Caldwell -excellent  lb coach , Marvin Lewis ( assistant head coach - dc of the great ravens defense , Rob Ryan , and Dc Patrick Graham.    Raiders have lbs, and coaches ( who know what they are looking for) who can develop them.     They only play with two .   1 Robert Spillane - had excellent season . Divine Deablo - former safety has it all size6’3 240 speed 4.4 going into contract year. ( has to stay healthy- missing a lot games has hurt his development.  Will eventually be a bigtime star even if not in Raiders uniform.   3.Luke Masterson - former safety has played very well in relief of Deablo.  4Tommy freaking Eichenberg - guy they drafted this year.  5 Amari Burney - former safety - was I believe the guy that ran stride for stride with b bowers - tipped the ball away and Brock still caught for touchdown.  6 Amari Gainer( Florida st ) - I think this Udfa forces himself on 53  

Hey yeah baby, sound so good. Now say it slower!! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I mean, what position ranking are we not at the very top?

Thank you Joe Douglas!  Thank you!!

and thank you Robert Saleh for coaching up QW a P.S player to one of the top LBs in the game.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

I can’t imagine what you would be like if the Raiders ever became a good team 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I can’t imagine what you would be like if the Raiders ever became a good team 

IF ?? ?         This Raider team going to win a lot of games in 2024 .    Unlike everyone overhyping the Jets  again( are they are going to win more than seven games) .    They can keep underrating this  Raider team .     They are going to put serious beating on a lot  of team.  

look at Tyree Wilson he’s bigger than Nt John Jenkins 

3 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

IF ?? ?         This Raider team going to win a lot of games in 2024 .    Unlike everyone overhyping the Jets  again( are they are going to win more than seven games) .    They can keep underrating this  Raider team .     They are going to put serious beating on a lot  of team.  

look at Tyree Wilson he’s bigger than Nt John Jenkins 

Who Cares Larry David GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm