Didn’t see this posted: Aaron Rodgers mad at Saleh for calling his absence unexcused?

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

I see Johnson (fixed) is just as much of a fawning fanboi of Rodgers as many JN Posters.  Screw accountability and managerial control, when you can fawn. 

Seems he's getting his talking points from JN as well, with the "well, he attended some voluntary stuff and didn't have to" justification/rationalization.

Of course, that's not really the issue, everyone associated with the team and desirous of winning should want their HOF QB to attend not only all the voluntary work (because he's the leader, right) but also the mandatory stuff (because it's mandatory, and the work is needed to fix this perennial last place offense, and the QB in question hasn't thrown a completion that counts for two years, and he's never thrown a completion that counts to any of his current teammates, etc.).

I'm willing to bet if/when Rodgers skips some days of training camp, or ever preseason, the same fawning fans will excuse that too.  Hero worship doesn't win Super Bowls, hard work does.

Lets hope all the fawning pays off, and he's great like he was several years ago.  If not, this will become a sh*tshow pretty quick.

😆

The origin of the "We Live In A Society" meme and its curious nihilistic  implication | PeakD

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

I see Johnson (fixed) is just as much of a fawning fanboi of Rodgers as many JN Posters.

Based on Hard Knocks last year, it seemed as though the same could be said for the rest of the players as well as the entire coaching staff. Saleh was practically worshipping him. It's hard do imagine anyone holding Rodgers accountable for anything inside that building. 

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

before anyone lectures me about the cba yes I know you have to abide by the rules. But you can kind of see some subtle jabs at Saleh here, who’s known for having light practices .

That entire soundbyte was a backhanded FU to Saleh.  Holy Crap these two already hate eachother and they haven’t even played a game together yet 

Btw, wasn’t Fraudgers b tching in 2015 when his guys Nelson and Cobb both got injured in preseason that it was a waste of time?

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Based on Hard Knocks last year, it seemed as though the same could be said for the rest of the players as well as the entire coaching staff. Saleh was practically worshipping him. It's hard do imagine anyone holding Rodgers accountable for anything inside that building. 

Rodgers is a pretty smart guy. He knew Saleh and Joe Douglas have accomplished nothing so far as HC and GM. Both touted as good assistants, but Horrible records once in charge. Both needed him to rescue them off the hot seats. And the owner is a moron we all know. 

If rodgers makes it through the first game and leads the jets to a win, all will forget about this should have been non issue. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/20/2024 at 10:49 AM, T0mShane said:

Given Rodgers’ vast history of turning on coaches whom he felt were disloyal to him or ungrateful for his continued participation in their programs, how does anyone think Rodgers won’t chalk this up as a violation against Saleh? Dude feeds on perceived sleights. 

Saleh got the message. He's doing everything he can to stay in Aaron's good graces!

he doesn't sound mad

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40633362/aaron-rodgers-was-fined-says-jets-coach-saleh-great

"It's obviously more of an issue outside the building than there was inside the building," Rodgers said after the first training-camp practice. "Robert and I are great. We had great conversations throughout the offseason. [We] had a fun one last night in his office till later on. So, it is what it is.

"I'm an adult. I knew what I was getting into. I knew the fine that was coming and also knew how much I wanted to be in Egypt. I wish there hadn't been a conflict scheduling wise, but it was what it was."

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

he doesn't sound mad

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40633362/aaron-rodgers-was-fined-says-jets-coach-saleh-great

"It's obviously more of an issue outside the building than there was inside the building," Rodgers said after the first training-camp practice. "Robert and I are great. We had great conversations throughout the offseason. [We] had a fun one last night in his office till later on. So, it is what it is.

"I'm an adult. I knew what I was getting into. I knew the fine that was coming and also knew how much I wanted to be in Egypt. I wish there hadn't been a conflict scheduling wise, but it was what it was."

That’s great that Rodgers and Saleh talked about it directly, but what I really want to know is what the 30 sources have to say about last night’s meeting.

Then I want to know what Chase Daniel thinks.

• Haha 3