Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade

9 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

We've beat this dead horse enough @The Voice of Reason

I've stated my opinion quite clearly - you don't agree with it, which is perfectly fine.

There's no spin, angle or twist that you can come up with, that's going to change that.

Let's move on, shall we?

I got one, how about Tampa Bay in 2020 when they got Brady? Last time they made playoffs before 2020 was the year Giants knocked off undefeated Pats. Did they have a playoff caliber roster at the beginning of that year?

41 minutes ago, BradSmith16fan said:

I got one, how about Tampa Bay in 2020 when they got Brady? Last time they made playoffs before 2020 was the year Giants knocked off undefeated Pats. Did they have a playoff caliber roster at the beginning of that year?

Good one @BradSmith16fan

This was a very unique, once in a lifetime. turn of events.

When you add the greatest QB to ever play the game (Brady) to a veteran defense, with a very accomplished & savvy head coach in Bruce Arians, as the Bucs did in 2020, they were considered by many (myself included) to be "contenders" and a team to watch at the start of that season.

Make note of the term "Contender"

• Upvote 1

On 8/13/2024 at 3:42 PM, Long Island Leprechaun said:

QB - light years better

RB - much better

WR - much better

OL - (health sustained) substantially better

TE - Same, but improved simply because of Rodgers

CB - Same

S - Same

LB - Slight improvement (Sherwood showing improvement)

Edge - Probably same, but to be seen (with Riddick, better)

DL - About the same

K/P - Same

Specials - Same

We had a third ranked defense last year. I'll run with that for this year. Offense is much better pretty much across the board. From bottom feeder to at least a middling to above average group. That's a major jump.

We are better at safety aren’t we, with Clark back on the field?

On 8/13/2024 at 3:28 PM, Green Ghost said:

Yes. They certainly appear to be one of the teams that can contend this year, just like last year.
I’m not so sure about the roster being better this year however.
The DL isn’t as good, Rodgers is a year older and coming off the Achilles injury. The OL will be better if it remains intact but look at the history of those guys and you have to question if they can/will. Our #2 WR is coming off a knee injury and we don’t know when he’ll be 100% either.

That said, there are a lot of young talented players here. If Rodgers has enough in the tank to be a top 10-12 NFL QB and we get lucky health wise, it should be a fun season to watch unfold.

Why isnt the DL as good?

And isnt Rodgers playing better than Rodgers, not playing?  And they brought in a professional QB to play back up, which is a nice change.

Smith and AVT have an injury history, for sure but the Jets have better depth this season too and we all know first hand how Zach Wilson ruins everything, and we saw how much better the OL was w/ Siemian, idk, I think Rodgers is better than both so the OL should benefit form that as well.

WR2 is a full participant a month before the season starts.  

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Assuming you have the talent to make it to the playoffs (a playoff roster as you put it) and actually making it to the playoffs, are 2 entirely different things chief.

First off, the statement you & others keep chirping about (The Jets have a play-off roster or a playoff caliber roster - whichever you prefer) is nothing more than an assumption, guys like you are making,

Assumptions are not factual - you get that right?

It's an assumption, nothing more, until we actually make it to the playoffs, which is why I despise the terms, playoff roster & playoff caliber roster, as it specifically pertians to the Jets - a team currently riding a 14 year playoff drought.

Many folks here like @bicketybam & yourself, are struggling to grasp this fact - unfortunately, that doesn't make it any less true.

You can't sit here and name the players we have and compare our roster, to other teams rosters until you're blue in the face, just because we have a talented roster (which we definitely do) doesn't make it a playoff roster, UNTIL we actually make it to the playoffs.

If you want to state that the Jets have a "very talented roster" I'm with you all day long.

We don't have a play-off roster, until this team proves it can actually dominate during the regular season and actually makes it to the playoffs. If you want to say we have a playoff roster when we're actually in the playoffs, I'd agree with you 100% - but not until that point.

I can't state it any clearer than that for you, so from here on out, you can keep chirping away & waving your pom-poms,

I digress.....

That's a whole lot of words for "ok, but I'm using an idiosyncratic definition for 'playoff roster' there's no reason for anyone else to care about" 

Ok. Yes, if you define "playoff roster" as "the roster of a team that, with a different mix of players, made the playoffs the prior year" them the Jets don't have that. Same way if you personally define "filet mignon" as "a McDonald's hamburger" you can buy filet mignon for a buck and eat it for dinner every night. 

It's not going to aid in interpersonal comprehension, and you might want to ponder what it means that literally nobody other than you shares that definition, but hey, you do you

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

That's a whole lot of words for "ok, but I'm using an idiosyncratic definition for 'playoff roster' there's no reason for anyone else to care about" 

Ok. Yes, if you define "playoff roster" as "the roster of a team that, with a different mix of players, made the playoffs the prior year" them the Jets don't have that. Same way if you personally define "filet mignon" as "a McDonald's hamburger" you can buy filet mignon for a buck and eat it for dinner every night. 

It's not going to aid in interpersonal comprehension, and you might want to ponder what it means that literally nobody other than you shares that definition, but hey, you do you

Did someone say McDonald's? @The Crusher

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

How much some of you think Huff did last year is getting overblown.

I see no reason why McDonald can't come close to Huff's production. JJ getting even better. Their numbers increased should come close to match what Huff's production was last year. If not bypass it.

I also am a huge fan of Clemons. And think he can match if not bypass what JFM did last year. 

For those wondering Huff had 10 sacks last year. But in his pervious 3 years he only had 7.5 sacks. Yes I know he wasn't an every down guy for us. So I am aware of that. And that he gets a lot of pressures too.

JFM had 3.5 sacks last year.

I bring up last year bc we had the 3rd ranked defense last year with these guys.

I see no reason why we can't get that same production with JJ, Mac, Clemons stepping up.

Are we better with Reddick in that mix? 100%, the guy can get to the QB. No one questions that. But he isn't essential to our SB run.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

@The Voice of Reason

We've beaten this dead horse enough, it's nothing but ground-up dog food now.

I've stated my opinion quite clearly, on the difference between a "talented" roster and a "playoff" roster - you don't agree with it, which is perfectly fine.

There's no spin, angle, or twist that you can come up with, that's going to change that.

Let's move on, shall we?

Sure, glad to... But when I (or others) say playoff caliber roster, I (we) don't need you correcting me (or others) everytime I  (we) say it because your opinion of the definition is different. 

Or calling us ridiculous or Homers because you think the definition is different in your mind. Other organizations outside of the Jets call this a playoff caliber roster... But it doesn't sit well with you and that's fine... 

I only took offense when you started calling me and others out as it differs in your mind. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, Doggin94it said:

Says the guy who can't admit when he's wrong.

"It's OK to just be wrong about something, you don't need to corncob over it."

The part of your post that I bolded, is all that's significant.

The rest of your post is meaningless jibberish, where you try really hard (and failed miserably) to make yourself sound intelligent

How about this @Doggin94it since this is the term that most are using - you show me where "Playoff caliber" resides in any legitimate dictionary and I reiterate "legitimate dictionary" not some quote from an online article or a website.

It's a bullsh!t, made up, slang term, which is why I don't acknowledge it.

On the flip side "contender" is in the dictionary.

As far my definition of a play off roster, yep, you nailed it & I stand by it.

Do the Jets have a play-off roster - no they dont.

Are the Jets contenders, meaning they have a roster that's talented enough to "contend" for a play-off berth?

Yes, absolutely.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I think the Burns trade caused Reddick to reconsider his value to the Jets. JD needs to find a way to be flexible and up the incentive ante. He will take their defense to another level.

Get 'er done JD!

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

27 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Sure, glad to... But when I (or others) say playoff caliber roster, I (we) don't need you correcting me (or others) everytime I  (we) say it because your opinion of the definition is different. 

Or calling us ridiculous or Homers because you think the definition is different in your mind. Other organizations outside of the Jets call this a playoff caliber roster... But it doesn't sit well with you and that's fine... 

I only took offense when you started calling me and others out as it differs in your mind. 

"So glad to" but yet you persist.

How about this @The Voice of Reason

Show me where "Playoff caliber" resides in any legitimate dictionary and I reiterate "legitimate dictionary" not some quote from an online article or a website.

You won't find it, because it's a bullsh!t, made up, slang term, which is why I don't acknowledge it.

As far my definition of a play off roster goes, I stand by it.

Are the Jets contenders, meaning they have a roster that's talented enough to "contend" for a play-off berth?

Yes, absolutely.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

The rest of your post is meaningless jibberish, where you try really hard (and failed miserably) to make yourself sound intelligent

How about this @Doggin94it since this is the term that most are using - you show me where "Playoff caliber" resides in any legitimate dictionary and I reiterate "legitimate dictionary" not some quote from an online article or a website.

Yes, absolutely.

This is getting ridiculous 😅 

Who Cares Fran Healy GIF by Travis

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Yes, absolutely.

By this absolute of a definition, there really are ZERO playoff rosters in the NFL as we sit here today. Show me one team that made the playoffs last year, and bring back 100% of their roster. I am sure there are none. Thus, zero playoff rosters in the NFL.

Really, you are splitting hairs on terms that are just thrown around for hyperbole, that do not need this much dissection. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

"So glad to" but yet you persist.

How about this @The Voice of Reason

Show me where "Playoff caliber" resides in any legitimate dictionary and I reiterate "legitimate dictionary" not some quote from an online article or a website.

You won't find it, because it's a bullsh!t, made up, slang term, which is why I don't acknowledge it.

As far my definition of a play off roster goes, I stand by it.

Yes, absolutely.

You are digging your heels in about a definition you are defining differently then the majority of NFL pundits. 

Sure great... If you think you are winning... continue with this ridiculous definition.. 

Jets are 'contending' for a superbowl... Their roster is good enough to contend for that... They also have a high probability of making the playoffs making them a roster that is capable of doing both... 

Contending is the act of doing... Play-off and superbowl caliber means they have the talent to do so... 

Not sure why you are fighting this so hard... You are making yourself look stupid... 

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

By this absolute of a definition, there really are ZERO playoff rosters in the NFL as we sit here today. Show me one team that made the playoffs last year, and bring back 100% of their roster.

@Scott Dierking

You didn't go back far enough to read what I actually said & can't say that I blame you.

This was my definition of a playoff roster;

A team made it to the playoffs last season and the core of that roster is still in tact - that's a playoff roster in my opinion, until proven otherwise.

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

You are digging your heels in about a definition you are defining differently then the majority of NFL pundits. 

Actually I'm not.

"Playoff caliber" does not exist in any dictionary, therefore it has no definition.

It's a made-up, slang term.

Just because you & the "majority of NFL pundits" choose to acknowledge it, doesn't mean I have to and I don't.

That's my choice - you, or anybody else for that matter, don't have to like it or agree with it - that's your choice.

Contender is in the dictionary it means "one that contends".

Contend means to strive or vie in contest or rivalry, or against difficulties.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 2

3 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

@Scott Dierking

You didn't go back far enough to read what I actually said.

A team made it to the playoffs last season and the core of that roster is still in tact, that's a playoff roster in my opinion.

You never defined core 😅

The Bills lost their #1 receiver but you said they still have a playoff caliber roster. So who exactly is this "core" made up of? The QB?

12 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

@Scott Dierking

You didn't go back far enough to read what I actually said & can't say that I blame you.

A team made it to the playoffs last season and the core of that roster is still in tact - that's a playoff roster in my opinion.

'In your opinion'... Not what is used in common terminology of people that discuss football... Got it... Your opinion overrides all

Aaron Rodgers may try to help with Jets’ Haason Reddick impasse

The Jets’ biggest attraction — future Hall of Fame quarterback Aaron Rodgers — may get involved in the Haason Reddick holdout.

He at least left it open as a possibility after Tuesday’s lengthy practice. 

Reddick, the star edge rusher acquired from the Eagles on April 1, has yet to show up to the team’s practice facility for training camp — or spring workouts, for that matter — as he awaits a contract extension. 

Offseason Jets acquisition Haason Reddick at Camden Fun & Fitness Day wearing a Jets T-shirt.4

Offseason Jets acquisition Haason Reddick at Camden Fun & Fitness Day wearing a Jets T-shirt.

Monday, he requested a trade before playing a down or suiting up for practice with his new team.

Jets general manager Joe Douglas promptly shot down that request in a statement, saying they would not move the 29-year-old, two-time Pro Bowl defensive lineman, and they expect him to arrive at camp or face further fines in line with the league’s collective bargaining agreement. 

“Obviously, we’d love for him to be here, but we don’t judge him for trying to do what’s best for him,” Rodgers said. “I think what’s best for him is to be a Jet, because this is going to be a fun ride, but he’s got to make the best decision for him and his family.” 

Rodgers said the two exchanged messages after the trade, and he may reach out to share his take on the matter. 

“It’s possible, anything’s possible,” the four-time MVP said. 

Jets quarterback Aaron Rodgers talks to the media after practice at training camp4

Jets quarterback Aaron Rodgers talks to the media after practice at training camp.Bill Kostroun/New York Post

When the Jets traded for Reddick in exchange for a 2026 conditional third-round draft pick, they expected him to report to training camp under his current deal, which pays him a $14.25 million base salary.

The Jets thought the two sides were in agreement that he would report to the spring program without a new deal.

He passed his physical and was present for an introductory news conference when Reddick said he would leave his future up to his agent and Douglas. 

ommy DeVito #15 of the New York Giants is forced out of the pocket by Haason Reddick #7 of the Philadelphia Eagles4

ommy DeVito #15 of the New York Giants is forced out of the pocket by Haason Reddick #7 of the Philadelphia Eagles.Bill Kostroun/New York Post

“I looked at the roster — that was one of the first things that I did when I saw the trade — and I can pretty much guarantee it’s going to be some great ball being played,” Reddick said then. 

Obviously, his tune has changed.

Tuesday was Day 22 of his holdout.

His fines have already exceeded $1 million

Coach Robert Saleh declined to offer his opinion on the matter, preferring to let the statement from Douglas speak for itself.

6 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

'In your opinion'... Not what is used in common terminology of people that discuss football... Got it... Your opinion overrides all

My opinion is just that.

I'm as an entitled to it, as you are to yours.

Are opinions don't align, let's move on.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ARodJetsFan said:

My opinion is just that.

I'm as an entitled to it, as you are to yours.

Are opinions don't align, let's move on.

Our opinion does not.... But your opinion is uncommon in the discussion of football... So calling us ridiculous or Homers because you think the definition is different is insane... 

Your argument is ridiculous because it's not common in discussions of football. You have the right to your opinion and say anything you want but calling people out because your definition doesn't fall in line with common normal football discussions just makes you seem niave and a whiner... 

'I want it my way... Why won't everyone think like me' 

😭

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

24 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Our opinion does not.... But your opinion is uncommon...

You are obviously incapable of moving past this, despite being offered several opportunities to do so, so off to "Ignore" you go.

Enjoy arguing with yourself, I have more important, productive things to do.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

50 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

@Scott Dierking

A team made it to the playoffs last season and the core of that roster is still in tact - that's a playoff roster in my opinion.

That's a great definition.  Good to know that the 2023 New York Football Giants had a "playoff roster."

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

That's a great definition.  Good to know that the 2023 New York Football Giants had a "playoff roster."

Yep, until proven otherwise.

That's my opinion - nobody asked you to agree with it.

And quite honestly I could care less whether you do, or not.

Off to "Ignore" you go with the rest of the chicken-heads.

Enjoy yourself.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

What does Matthew Judon trade mean for Haason Reddick? - NBC Sports

What does the Matthew Judon trade mean for Haason Reddick?

By: Mike Florio

Published August 14, 2024 07:31 PM

A pair of pass rushers want new contracts. One has been traded. What does that mean for the other one?

It’s safe to assume the Falcons at least called the Jets about trading for Haason Reddick before doing a deal with the Patriots for Matthew Judon. Although the Jets have said they won’t trade Reddick, he’s not the kind of player who would fall into the “never trade” category.

Much of what happens next for Reddick depends on what happens next for Judon. Unless the Falcons learned nothing from the Jets’ situation with Reddick, Atlanta presumably has a deal ready to replace the $6.5 million Judon is due to make this year. If/when the Judon deal is announced, the contract and the draft-pick compensation (a third-rounder) becomes the total investment made in Judon.

Both are double-digit sack performers; last year, Judon’s season was cut short due to injury. Judon is 31; Reddick turns 30 next month.

However it plays out, the Judon trade (and, likely, new contract) become another data point for the Jets, Reddick, and anyone interested in trading for him.

This situation with Atlanta & Judon is worth watching.

10 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Both are double-digit sack performers; last year, Judon’s season was cut short due to injury. Judon is 31; Reddick turns 30 next month.

Today is Judon’s 32nd birthday. It will be interesting to see if gets any more than Reddick’s scheduled $14.25M. Also interesting that Atlanta gave up more for him than the Jets gave up for Reddick (3rd in 2025 vs. a 3rd in 2026). 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

How much some of you think Huff did last year is getting overblown.

I see no reason why McDonald can't come close to Huff's production. JJ getting even better. Their numbers increased should come close to match what Huff's production was last year. If not bypass it.

I also am a huge fan of Clemons. And think he can match if not bypass what JFM did last year. 

For those wondering Huff had 10 sacks last year. But in his pervious 3 years he only had 7.5 sacks. Yes I know he wasn't an every down guy for us. So I am aware of that. And that he gets a lot of pressures too.

JFM had 3.5 sacks last year.

I bring up last year bc we had the 3rd ranked defense last year with these guys.

I see no reason why we can't get that same production with JJ, Mac, Clemons stepping up.

Are we better with Reddick in that mix? 100%, the guy can get to the QB. No one questions that. But he isn't essential to our SB run.

It's the system and the Jets have plenty of pass rushers to get back to the same point they've been, 2 years in a row, and 2 years in a row, it was different players that provided the totals.  45 sacks in 22, 48 in 23, playing w/ very few leads.

Will McDonald will replace Huff's numbers easily.  Huff went 2, 2, 3.5 before "breaking out" and getting whopping 10.  McDonald, on less snaps then Huff, reached 3, as a rookie.  He'll have double digit sacks this year.  I expected JJ to break double digit sacks.  And I wouldnt be surprised if Q. Will gets back to double digits w/ Kinlaw playing next to him.

And Reddick is going to show up and be his typical awesome self, so yeah, much to do about nothing.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, slats said:

Today is Judon’s 32nd birthday. It will be interesting to see if gets any more than Reddick’s scheduled $14.25M. Also interesting that Atlanta gave up more for him than the Jets gave up for Reddick (3rd in 2025 vs. a 3rd in 2026). 

The low baseline for Judon will make it much easier for the Falcons to get a new deal done with him; can bump him up to 12M for the year if they want to and he should still be happy about it (since he'd be getting millions more than he was scheduled to). Or they can do a long-term deal with him if they want to buy out his FA (which the Jets aren't doing with Reddick, he's rental only)