July 30th camp tweets. Pads and fans!

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Gonna be hearing the word “continuity” a lot this season in reference to this OL, I think. I wonder if Rodgers gets Bakhtiari in here on the cheap if he’s still getting chased around next week.

We have an all-pro LT and drafted an LT at 11. We're going to sign another one for what?

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

39 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Because bringing in ANOTHER new face would improve continuity? huh?

they need time. It’s TRAINING camp, after all. We probably won’t see the best this OL has to offer (whatever that may be) until October-November, like most of the league. 

16 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

We have an all-pro LT and drafted an LT at 11. We're going to sign another one for what?

It sounds like the depth guys on the OL are getting manhandled and at least some of the problems are communication-based. I don’t like or want Bakhtiari, but if Rodgers is running for his life and getting salty about it, maybe swapping out one of the crappy depth guys with Bakhtiari could pay dividends. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Are you sure because cimini called him Yippman and that made my penis shrink.

Cimini is an asshat.  You'll have to ask Jet_Engine1.  I have no reason not to believe him, and he said that Ruckert didn't snap in the shotgun formation very much in college.

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Gonna be hearing the word “continuity” a lot this season in reference to this OL, I think. I wonder if Rodgers gets Bakhtiari in here on the cheap if he’s still getting chased around next week.

Why?  The problem on plays that I've seen have been the OGs more than the OTs.  Bakhtiari isn't going to help anything, much less the OGs.  Moses hasn't taken a snap yet, but will be within days.  Forget Bakhtiari he can't stay healthy for 10 minutes. He would be a total waste of cap space.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It sounds like the depth guys on the OL are getting manhandled and at least some of the problems are communication-based. I don’t like or want Bakhtiari, but if Rodgers is running for his life and getting salty about it, maybe swapping out one of the crappy depth guys with Bakhtiari could pay dividends. 

I don’t see a roster spot for Bakhtiari 

Olu is gonna be the backup LT and probably the backup RT. 

Bakhtiari makes no sense unless someone is getting cut I don’t know about 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Terrible idea

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I’d prefer for them to keep Fashanu at LT unless there’s a long term need. Versatility is great, but there’s something to be said for continuity, too. I’d keep Warren exclusively on the right side, too. These guys could easily be the Jets starting tackles in 2026. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Nor do I, but maybe I missed it 

It wasn’t keystone cops where the ball  sailed over anyone’s head 20 yards but there were a lot of times the QB had to take his eye off of the defense to catch a wayward snap. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Can we wait for Moses to get back? 

let’s see the starting line practice 5 times in a row before we get silly. Smith is new, Simpson is new, AVT just got back from injury. 

• Upvote 2

Teams only dress 7 oline on gameday. 

3 tackles. 

Smith Moses and Fashanu are the best OT group in the league 

Olu has not taken a snap yet I'm excited to see the kid too .. but seriously... It's week 1 of his first training camp.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, jetsons said:

his arm was a little late & swiped air ... 84 should have had it but mediocre receivers drop those when coverage is tight. 

It was good coverage, have no idea how a CB glued to his receiver gets 0 credit for his defense or the idea that a better player makes the catch.  Blaming the receiver, calling him mediocre because he didn’t ruin good coverage with a great catch is silly.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, JKlecko said:

Cimini is an asshat.  You'll have to ask Jet_Engine1.  I have no reason not to believe him, and he said that Ruckert didn't snap in the shotgun formation very much in college.

It was noted in his scouting reports online.  Wisconsin wasn't playing out of shotgun much apparently. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

It was noted in his scouting reports online.  Wisconsin wasn't playing out of shotgun much apparently. 

True but his shotgun snaps were fine last year

Lot's of panic on here over 2 rough days early in camp, IMO

5 hours ago, slats said:

I’d prefer for them to keep Fashanu at LT unless there’s a long term need. Versatility is great, but there’s something to be said for continuity, too. I’d keep Warren exclusively on the right side, too. These guys could easily be the Jets starting tackles in 2026. 

Yea, I hear you

I'm only guessing what they would probably do. This regime is really big on OL versatility.

18 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Wow, you been waiting for that to happen for a bit now. Like make up sex for cutting Randall Cobb?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Wow, you been waiting for that to happen for a bit now. Like make up sex for cutting Randall Cobb?

At some point they’re going to figure out that Max Mitchell can’t play and they’re gonna have to go shopping for OL!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

He also snaps it correctly to the QB which is a requirement to start any successful offensive play.

I recall when we signed him away from Denver the scuttlebutt on him was that he should be a guard because he didn’t have the IQ to play center. I’m bitter because he effectively ended Mike White Mania against the Bills, but the dude is a legit liability at center. 

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

True but his shotgun snaps were fine last year

Lot's of panic on here over 2 rough days early in camp, IMO

It's not a panic, but it IS an issue that needs to be corrected ASAP. Hopefully we never have to talk about it again.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'd rather sign connor mcgovern ...

I don't want either McGovern or Bakhtiari.  IMO both are as useless as t!ts on a bull.  McGovern was the worst center in the NFL last year.  Bakhtiari can't stay healthy 10 minutes.  There are better IOL still available.  They don't need an OT.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

He also snaps it correctly to the QB which is a requirement to start any successful offensive play.

Yeah, but what good is a correct snap if the QB is immediately strip sacked?

19 hours ago, slimjasi said:

IMO Warren is going to be the backup RT, and Mitchell will be depth at OG and OT, and the last OL off of the bench.