Probably not facing Aiyuk week 1

5 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

Season 4 Andy GIF by The Office

The Steelers need to give up a 1000 yard receive, a productive TE and a first for Aiyuk?  He is not Chase, Jefferson or Tyreek.  Or any other of a handful of guys.

Do not get me wrong.  He would be WR1 for the Patriots.  He would not be worth a first-round pick, especially next year, Kendrick Burne and Hunter Henry. 

He does not push the needle that much.

It's one of the three, not all three. In addition or in lieu of the original crappy offer.  Steelers should relent on one of the choices, IMHO.  

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

It's one of the three, not all three. In addition or in lieu of the original crappy offer.  Steelers should relent on one of the choices, IMHO.  

Yeah, mea culpa on that.

That seems a little lite though.  Tyreek fetched five picks including a first ICW with an extension.  Granted, Aiyuk is not Tyreek, but he is a top 10 WR right?

If it was a straight player swap/pick for Aiyuk.  It should be done.   The New England media was saying it was a pick and a player.   One for one seems lite.  

I agree with your point on the original Steelers offer was ridiculous.  

Interesting choices the 9ers put out there

frietmuth suprises me given they have kittle.

pickens is obvious but I would guess most feel he has a higher ceiling. Issue with him is he is trending towards ab, claypool territory where good to great then a switch goes off and he gets a bit nutty

the 1st rounder could be late but that really depends on Russ and if anything is left

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

If you’re the Steelers, you only pay the least you have to. They know they’re the team he wants to play for.

This seems like one of those deals where the Steelers would give up a 1st and maybe a warm body WR5 type guy for the 49ers depth chart, and the 49ers would send Aiyuk and a 5th.

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

If you’re the Steelers, you only pay the least you have to. They know they’re the team he wants to play for.

which actually makes little sense since their qbs aren't that great. also the 49ers aren't obligated to trade him at all. if the 49ers arent getting a wr back i don't see how this trade is anyrthing but a failure. they would be severely weakening a team that almost won a superbowl. i would be pissed if i were a 49ers fan

On 8/6/2024 at 4:58 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Now we are calling our GM a fat bast@rd but I am the troll on this site.

Just unbelievable.

i mean what do you expect when your 2 main posts are either ridiculous statements, or telling all jets fans that dare question anything the team does that they are d*seased

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

No we’re sending the 49ers Reddick and a future first for Aiyuk and he helps us win in  OT

Not that I really understand the salary cap but I would imagine we can't afford to extend Aiyuk and keep all the guys we drafted 2 years ago.  And you want to send away a 1st rounder for this?  No thanks!  We can just let Reddick walk and get a compensatory 3rd rounder for him (assuming we don't sign too many FAs), no? 

15 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Not that I really understand the salary cap but I would imagine we can't afford to extend Aiyuk and keep all the guys we drafted 2 years ago.  And you want to send away a 1st rounder for this?  No thanks!  We can just let Reddick walk and get a compensatory 3rd rounder for him (assuming we don't sign too many FAs), no? 

We have $57 million in cap space in 2025 and can get about $9 million more if Rodgers retires.  Only guy from that draft class who is a must resign is GW

22 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

We have $57 million in cap space in 2025 and can get about $9 million more if Rodgers retires.  Only guy from that draft class who is a must resign is GW

Sauce might actually represent a greater WAR than Garrett.

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Aiyuk is a non factor.  Sauce will lock his ass down.  The concern is mcaffery and deebo getting the ball in space and kittle over the middle.

Glad to see your takes haven't gotten any less spicy during my hiatus.

• Haha 1