Joe wastes lots of money on "weapons"

Corry Davis     37 million-absolute trash

Allan Lazard    44 million-trash was so bad -he was benched-now some will say he had no qb well G Wilson had no QB and still caught the ball and produced. 

Hardman        4 million-trash sent packing

Cobb             3 million- a charity case 

Perriman         8 million-trash 

CJ Uzomah     24 million -I have almost as many catches as he has 

I can understand why Woody does not want Joe throwing around his money.

about half of that money was guaranteed as well

I didnt even include guys  that busted out on rookie deals that were high draft picks -Wilson Mims 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 5
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Ugh 4
  • More Ugh 3

Just now, kmnj said:

Allan Lazard    44 million-trash was so bad -he was benched-now some will say he had no qb well G Wilson had no QB and still caught the ball and produced. 

I didnt even include guys  that busted out on rookie deals that were high draft picks -Wilson Mims 

Thanks for the caps!

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

WRs in particular have never been more expensive.  You're always going to have to end up shelling out for those, especially if you don't draft them well.  And being forced to buy someone else's trash is always going to put you in a precarious position.

If Denzel Mims would have worked out, he'd have been a much, much better long-term investment than Corey Davis or Lazard could ever end up being, even if his 2nd contract would have been much more expensive than those 2 cost combined.

Davis busted but even in hindsight he wasn’t a terrible signing.  There was no way to predict he would retire out of nowhere like he did.   He did have some games here where he did play well

The Lazard signing was trash from the get go to anyone capable of critical thinking 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Davis was an ok player, not worth the money I agree. Lazard was awful last year, however let's see how he does with Rodgers. Hardman and Cobb agree. Perriman was little less than Davis, 8 million was fair. Uzomah I agree. Fair criticism of the Douglas fa wrs, and draft of Mims too. I put the fault in the Elijah Moore situation on him, as they were winning at that time and he was complaining about not getting the ball.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

WRs in particular have never been more expensive.  You're always going to have to end up shelling out for those, especially if you don't draft them well.  And being forced to buy someone else's trash because you AREN'T drafting them well is always going to put you in a precarious position.

If Denzel Mims would have worked out, he'd have been a much, much better long-term investment than Corey Davis or Lazard could ever end up being, even if his 2nd contract would have been much more expensive than those 2 cost combined.  And obviously we're going to get lots of bang for our buck for Garrett Wilson.

Denzel was never going to work out, because he is a body catcher. Garrett is an elite WR.

Hell, the Jets have good weapons this year in both in the running game and the passing game and someone who can get it to them.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We have the most talented roster we have had since 1998.  We are on the cusp of a 13-4 season and a division crown.

Quick, lets start a thread whining about guy we signed like 3 years ago.

Jet fans……….

Ignoring the past doesn't make it any less relevant. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, Claymation said:

or I could have quoted Tryon Edwards

"Right actions in the future are the best apologies for bad actions in the past."

You are what your record says you are. 

-Coach Parcells

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You do realize that a team that has as extensive a losing record as the Jets would naturally create frustration and at some times I admit it gets a little bit much.  Like last year, everyone was pretty excited pre season and then AR8 go's down after 4 plays and even our Miserable Nation Captain quit after 4 plays. So you acting like 13-4 is a foregone conclusion is nothing less than Trolling. Then using it as an excuse to call Jet fans Jets fans are the bestd is absolutely trolling. Look at your sig you clown, but yeah your not trolling Jet fans. So keep it up. 

And it is all accurate, well deserved and justified by the behavior on this board.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You do realize that a team that has as extensive a losing record as the Jets would naturally create frustration and at some times I admit it gets a little bit much.  Like last year, everyone was pretty excited pre season and then AR8 go's down after 4 plays and even our Miserable Nation Captain quit after 4 plays. So you acting like 13-4 is a foregone conclusion is nothing less than Trolling. Then using it as an excuse to call Jet fans Jets fans are the bestd is absolutely trolling. Look at your sig you clown, but yeah your not trolling Jet fans. So keep it up. 

What do you call a thread predicting the Jets will break the record for most FG's in a season? Just looking for some clarity.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

And more, “You’re a clown” posts while the board you moderate is a miserable cesspool.

Keep up the good work, Crushy.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

If you trade your entire draft for a running back your coaching career dies in the NFL. 

-Crushlove

And yet he was the HC of probably the greatest defenses of all time, and won a SB for his efforts. 

• Upvote 3

Hard to be productive when your qb can’t throw a check down. Not really defending JD, but good qb play can make a GM and coaching staff look pretty good. Can’t really put up stats when you are only getting 3-5 play drives that end in punts. He picked Zach so that’s on him but this team was ready last year and the qb issues killed the 23 season. This team is ready again, we just need solid qb play.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Stop it.  This is Miserable Nation.  Dont you dare be positive around here!

I get negativity, especially before the 2017 season when they had way below average talent for nfl standards. For me, I don't get why there's over negativity this year. They have a legitimate top 3 rb, top flight wr and decent other ones (still would sign one more), above average ol even with injury concerns, a hof qb. Don't think Rodgers talent will fall off a cliff and even if it partly did, he's that elite he will still be above average. Plus they might have #1 defense in the league, especially if the Reddick situation gets worked out and the interior run defense holds up. If they stink in the regular season, trust me I'll be negative. Slim chance that will happen in my eyes. Tyrod Taylor insurance policy helps a lot too.

Edited by BradSmith16fan
Take out Lol
  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You are what your record says you are. 

-Coach Parcells

People who live in the past generally are afraid to compete in the present. I've got my faults, but living in the past is not one of them. There's no future in it.

-Sparky Anderson

I can do this all day.

-Steve Rogers

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1