Jets Trade Young CB to Bills in Sixth-Round Pick Swap

5 hours ago, Testaverde9819 said:

It is honestly dumb. You traded a potential excellent return guy with the new spl tms  rules to your main division rival and you gave up two assets for 1

Buffalo gets 

Codrington and a 7th

Jets get a 6th. 

Ugh. This is really really reaching for a criticism. But hey, it comes from the same guy who claims our roster is equivalent to the 2017/2018 Pats. So I guess it's true to form. Me thinks thee might be a Pats troll, which would then at least make the dumb posts understandable.

4 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Ugh. This is really really reaching for a criticism. But hey, it comes from the same guy who claims our roster is equivalent to the 2017/2018 Pats. So I guess it's true to form. Me thinks thee might be a Pats troll, which would then at least make the dumb posts understandable.

If he becomes a great return guy, just blame me Instead of Douglas. 

I'll be the bad guy 

al pacino scarface GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Testaverde9819 said:

Hopefully he's not prime Desmond Howard .... Especially with the new spl tms rules 

Codrington is not a burner.  I think he got caught on one of his good returns.  He adds very little on D.  He was a very good HBCU returner, but he wasn't even really a starter at CB at that level.  At the HBCU combine his testing numbers were super bad. 

The Jets also have Gipson who was last year's return man and looked electric at times.  There are ball security issues.  As a backup, they have the YAC king.  A 3rd round draft pick, no issue using him on specials and he should be good at it.  They seem to feel Davis would be good at it and I am not sure why Izzy would not be good at it.  They used him on a few kick returns last year, but they don't seem to like him. 

While the UDFA are getting all the love, keep in mind that they have the YACBullet Marcus Riley.  He is also a small accomplished college returner.  He tested way better than Codrington.  He is on IR, but I am not sure how serious his injury was.  When they moved him it was still "undisclosed."

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Codrington is not a burner.  I think he got caught on one of his good returns.  He adds very little on D.  He was a very good HBCU returner, but he wasn't even really a starter at CB at that level.  At the HBCU combine his testing numbers were super bad. 

The Jets also have Gipson who was last year's return man and looked electric at times.  There are ball security issues.  As a backup, they have the YAC king.  A 3rd round draft pick, no issue using him on specials and he should be good at it.  They seem to feel Davis would be good at it and I am not sure why Izzy would not be good at it.  They used him on a few kick returns last year, but they don't seem to like him. 

While the UDFA are getting all the love, keep in mind that they have the YACBullet Marcus Riley.  He is also a small accomplished college returner.  He tested way better than Codrington.  He is on IR, but I am not sure how serious his injury was.  When they moved him it was still "undisclosed."

Let's hope you are right. 

11 minutes ago, Testaverde9819 said:

Let's hope you are right. 

Oh, I am right.  They got something for a guy they were going to cut.  Were they right to be ready to cut him?  We can't be sure, but the market for slow, small, fidget return men that don't provide any positional help isn't huge.

• Upvote 2

Being not even a straight pick, but rather a swap of picks, and at that a swap of late picks, two years from now, and taking it? Means the alternative wasn’t trading him to someone else. The alternative was simply releasing him and getting nothing back.
This is something instead of nothing. If he turns into a player the issue is dumping him in the first place, not that it was trading him to Buffalo.
Another way of looking at it is this: he sucks and we just got a division rival to weaken themselves a little bit, albeit in the future, by giving us some of their draft capital — for nothing; a guy who doesn’t even have a 50/50 chance of remaining on their roster by November.
How does this pick swap work if the Jets have a better original position ??

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• WTF? 1

7 hours ago, Testaverde9819 said:

It is honestly dumb. You traded a potential excellent return guy with the new spl tms  rules to your main division rival and you gave up two assets for 1

Buffalo gets 

Codrington and a 7th

Jets get a 6th. 

It's like winning the lottery on a sunny day with a hot woman standing beside you, only to complain that you stepped in a piece of gum.   

• Haha 1

I have no idea if this is good or bad but I do think a deal like this was probably a giant waste of ******* time and it's sh*t like this that probably causes Douglas to go full Laurel and Hardy at his job, trading for guys who are going to hold out, using first rounders on backup tackles, and drafting 8 running backs per year. 

• WTF? 1

18 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

It's like winning the lottery on a sunny day with a hot woman standing beside you, only to complain that you stepped in a piece of gum.   

" It's like a woman complaining she has only one loaf of bread when she has a Virginia Ham in her arms"- Tony Soprano originally from Jr

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Bubble Yum or Double Mint ?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Why do people keep asking this?  It is a 7th for a 6th, isn't it? 

Add me to the list of idiots

i dont get it. Still. 

The title says 6 th round pick swap. You say its a 7th for a 6th. That different

explain to us dummies

12 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Add me to the list of idiots

i dont get it. Still. 

The title says 6 th round pick swap. You say its a 7th for a 6th. That different

explain to us dummies

EDITED:  I re-read the opening post and Glenn's article.  He cited Schefter.  A reasonable, but not infallible source. 

From the Jets own website:

The Jets have traded undrafted rookie cornerback and punt/kick returner Brandon Codrington and New York's 2026 seventh-round draft pick to the Bills for Buffalo's 2026 sixth-round pick.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jets-trade-brandon-codrington-bills-2026-nfl-draft-pick-swap

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

EDITED:  I re-read the opening post and Glenn's article.  He cited Schefter.  A reasonable, but not infallible source. 

From the Jets own website:

Ok so its not a swap of 6 rounders.  Its a player and a 7th for a 6th

thats easy

Should have cut one of those useless, no impact TE's and kept this guy who has scoring and improved field position potential. Just dumb by Douglas who is always too cute by half.
Conklin? Or Ruckert? Those were the only two TEs we kept. Yeboah is on IR, and Kuntz is on the PS.

So you'd cut our #2 TE for a UDFA punt returner?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/29/2024 at 3:41 AM, jamesr said:

Conklin? Or Ruckert? Those were the only two TEs we kept. Yeboah is on IR, and Kuntz is on the PS.

So you'd cut our #2 TE for a UDFA punt returner?

Yes I would. Ruckert has been unimpressive and they just brought in the Bears TE who I believe will quickly supplant Ruckert to the number 3 spot. What's so great about Ruckert other than being from Long Island and drafted in the 3rd round? Now there's a clue. Let's see if AR bothers to target him at all.

People are really fake mad about getting a little draft capital for a penalty prone corner because he ran through a 6 foot wide hole on a kickoff return and then couldn’t break a single tackle that they were going to cut because they have Gipson and Corley ?

Going to be a loooooong year for the trolls and haters lol 

Yes I would. Ruckert has been unimpressive and they just brought in the Bears TE who I believe will quickly supplant Ruckert to the number 3 spot. What's so great about Ruckert other than being from Long Island and drafted in the 3rd round? Now there's a clue. Let's see if AR bothers to target him at all.
At the time we only had the two TEs, the Bears guy wasn't on the roster. Cut Ruckert and he's gone straight away, you won't get him back later.

And ironically, given your user name, Codrington committed more than his fair share of dumb penalties in preseason.