Breece Hall will have a monster game one

On 9/1/2024 at 7:44 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

19 carries?  Breece had 19 carries or more in only 3 games last year.  2 of those games were after we were eliminated from playoff contention.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HallBr03/gamelog/2023/image.png.7773438d8fa7f83355260d4c3e0e63c6.png

You stop running the ball when (a) it's not working, or (b) you're getting blown out of the water; both of which result from weakness at QB. Plus he was on a pitch count getting less than half the team's RB carries for the first 1/4 of the season.

I'd like to not burn him out in week 1, but he's there to use as needed and not to just look at after polishing his balls with a chamois, his legs are as fresh week 1 as they'll be all season, and this is a game they should need him more than the next four games that follow.

• Upvote 2

I don’t see Breece having a good game against SF.

I think the jets fall behind by two scores early and we abandon the run and loose big.

We are going to see a lot of reactionary nonsense come Tuesday but as long as everyone is healthy that’s all that matters.

Jets will look bad the first month but hopefully hit their stride by mid October

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• WTF? 1

17 minutes ago, funaz said:

I don’t see Breece having a good game against SF.

I think the jets fall behind by two scores early and we abandon the run and loose big.

We are going to see a lot of reactionary nonsense come Tuesday but as long as everyone is healthy that’s all that matters.

Jets will look bad the first month but hopefully hit their stride by mid October

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

image.jpeg.96909671222ea1871ecd3dcd568d8946.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You stop running the ball when (a) it's not working, or (b) you're getting blown out of the water; both of which result from weakness at QB. Plus he was on a pitch count getting less than half the team's RB carries for the first 1/4 of the season.

I'd like to not burn him out in week 1, but he's there to use as needed and not to just look at after polishing his balls with a chamois, his legs are as fresh week 1 as they'll be all season, and this is a game they should need him more than the next four games that follow.

When you look at all those games in the middle of the season, it's pretty difficult to explain why Breece didn't get more.  By week 5 (when he had 22 carries) the "pitch count" was off. 

You stop running the ball when (a) it's not working

2 things:

1) Was our passing game working so wonderfully that we should've leaned on it instead?

2) Breece can break a long-gainer at any time.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

When you look at all those games in the middle of the season, it's pretty difficult to explain why Breece didn't get more.  By week 5 (when he had 22 carries) the "pitch count" was off. 

2 things:

1) Was our passing game working so wonderfully that we should've leaned on it instead?

2) Breece can break a long-gainer at any time.

When the other team is stacking the box because they know your trash QB can't beat them, it becomes extremely difficult to run the ball. 

3 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

When the other team is stacking the box because they know your trash QB can't beat them, it becomes extremely difficult to run the ball. 

Did the Detroit Lions stop handing the ball to Barry Sanders when he would get a bunch of short gains in a row?  

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Did the Detroit Lions stop handing the ball to Barry Sanders when he would get a bunch of short gains in a row?  

I'm really not sure you can put Breece Hall in the same category as Barry Sanders.

14 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

We very likely will have the best 1-2 punch in the NFL at the RB position Allen will be a very nice complement and would love to see them in 2 back formations as well since both can play catch with Rodgers and both can block in the passing game should be very interesting how creative this offense can be .

59 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

We very likely will have the best 1-2 punch in the NFL at the RB position Allen will be a very nice complement and would love to see them in 2 back formations as well since both can play catch with Rodgers and both can block in the passing game should be very interesting how creative this offense can be .

Allen terrifies me on Monday night.  A very big spot to trust a rookie with the ball.  Id play Izzy as rb2 on Monday night.

Cant have a rookie coughing up the ball in a big spot.

On 9/1/2024 at 12:45 PM, ChrebetOverKeyshawn said:

The 49ers run defense may be the single most glaring weakness for them, and that was with Greenlaw and Hufanga on the field. Neither will be playing. The Jets absolutely should be looking to run all game long.

Excellent insight.  Ram it down their throats. Breece and Allen ALL NIGHT LONG

P.S. This is the worst dance video I have ever seen. Must have been choreographed by @joewilly12

5 hours ago, bicketybam said:

5 hours ago, bicketybam said:

I'm really not sure you can put Breece Hall in the same category as Barry Sanders.

3 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Dude, you are grasping at straws. Every team knew to stack the box because Zach sucked. 

Duhhhhhh Zach is stacking boxes in Denver.  Not sure if yo'uve climbed out of under your rock, but we have one of the greatest QB's ever to play the game now. And to degrade Breece by saying he's not in same category as Barry Sanders is beyond moronic. Breece was electric in his 1st year and was injured. Came back a year later and was again electric but played with one of the worst QB crew in history of NFL. And he's just coming into his 3rd year. 

11 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Duhhhhhh Zach is stacking boxes in Denver.  Not sure if yo'uve climbed out of under your rock, but we have one of the greatest QB's ever to play the game now. And to degrade Breece by saying he's not in same category as Barry Sanders is beyond moronic. Breece was electric in his 1st year and was injured. Came back a year later and was again electric but played with one of the worst QB crew in history of NFL. And he's just coming into his 3rd year. 

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Allen terrifies me on Monday night.  A very big spot to trust a rookie with the ball.  Id play Izzy as rb2 on Monday night.

Cant have a rookie coughing up the ball in a big spot.

3 year college career 646 touches 4 fumbles I'm not sure that's something we need to worry about. Allen will be the number 2 back 

11 hours ago, bicketybam said:

5 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

And to degrade Breece by saying he's not in same category as Barry Sanders is beyond moronic. Breece was electric in his 1st year and was injured. Came back a year later and was again electric but played with one of the worst QB crew in history of NFL. And he's just coming into his 3rd year. 

Moronic you say? There is an entire thread with people saying they would let Breece Hall walk when his contract is up, You might want to check it out. All I said is I'm not sure if you can out Breece Hall in the same category as Barry Sanders...you know...that Half of Fame dude.

SF is well coached. I expect them to try and stuff the run early and test Rodgers and our passing game. If we can run early, I really like our chances in this game. 
They will try...

All teams try that and will try all season. The problem with that idea is that we have several recievers that can catch, tight ends that can catch and multiple rb that can catch.

And FINALLY a qb that can distribute the ball and find the open man.

They can try, it won't work.

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Moronic you say? There is an entire thread with people saying they would let Breece Hall walk when his contract is up, You might want to check it out. All I said is I'm not sure if you can out Breece Hall in the same category as Barry Sanders...you know...that Half of Fame dude.

Again just to be clear. He's coming into his 3rd year. It's a bit premature to even have this conversation either way.

22 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Again just to be clear. He's coming into his 3rd year. It's a bit premature to even have this conversation either way.

That was actually my point but you jumped all over my sh*t anyway. Glad to see you coming around.

8 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

That was actually my point but you jumped all over my sh*t anyway. Glad to see you coming around.

Sensitive chap. No one jumping on your poop.  It's like saying Brock Purdy will be no Joe Montana. Of course not. Give it 5 years and then some. And Breece is going nowhere but on a world wide cruise when he signs his next contract

9 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Sensitive chap. No one jumping on your poop.  It's like saying Brock Purdy will be no Joe Montana. Of course not. Give it 5 years and then some. And Breece is going nowhere but on a world wide cruise when he signs his next contract

Except I wasn't making a prediction for the future. I was saying as of now he's not comparable to Barry Sanders. For reference:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SandBa00.htm

On 8/31/2024 at 6:23 PM, Bronx said:

Rushing yards - 19/167/1TD.

Catches -4/5/72/1TD

Total yards- 239 yards/2 TDs

National Football League Eating GIF by New York Jets

I don't know about that total yardage prediction being accurate, but if Breece scores 2 redzone TD's on Monday night, I'd be ecstatic.

• Upvote 1

25 touches minimum.  I dont want to see him come off the field even once.
Breece is by far our best player.  Get him the ball early and often Monday night!
He is NOT by far our best player. He is one our best sure but he is not in a class by himself in this league as some would imply.

That would be Sauce

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

9ers have one of the best offenses in the NFL, with stars at every skill position plus the best LT in the game. 

But just a few months ago in the SB, KC held the 9ers to just 19 points. How? KC frustrate the 9ers by stacking the box to negate McCaffery, and played a ton of press man coverage to force Purdy to hold the ball an extra second. And with their 8 man fronts, KC constantly harassed Purdy with a nice combo of run blitzes and pass blitzes.

Saleh was the 9ers DC for years and knows their weaknesses.

I expect the Jets to come in with a similar game plan......stop McCaffery, jam the WRs in man coverage, and rely on the stacked line to harass Purdy.

All. Day. Long.

• Upvote 3

Back to Breece: Yes, the game will come down to which defense can stifle the other team's running game. This will be a McCaffery vs Breece Hall game.

9ers will try to stack the line and force Rodgers to beat them thru the air.

Just like the Jets will stack the line to stop MCC and force Purdy to beat MC2, DJ, and Sauce thru the air.

Whoever has the best game (MCC vs Breeeeece) will win the game.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

Back to Breece: Yes, the game will come down to which defense can stifle the other team's running game. This will be a McCaffery vs Breece Hall game.

9ers will try to stack the line and force Rodgers to beat them thru the air.

Just like the Jets will stack the line to stop MCC and force Purdy to beat MC2, DJ, and Sauce thru the air.

Whoever has the best game (MCC vs Breeeeece) will win the game.

The niners will lose by double digits if they do this.  You cannot stack the box vs rodgers and win a game.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FootballLove said:

9ers have one of the best offenses in the NFL, with stars at every skill position plus the best LT in the game. 

But just a few months ago in the SB, KC held the 9ers to just 19 points. How? KC frustrate the 9ers by stacking the box to negate McCaffery, and played a ton of press man coverage to force Purdy to hold the ball an extra second. And with their 8 man fronts, KC constantly harassed Purdy with a nice combo of run blitzes and pass blitzes.

Saleh was the 9ers DC for years and knows their weaknesses.

I expect the Jets to come in with a similar game plan......stop McCaffery, jam the WRs in man coverage, and rely on the stacked line to harass Purdy.

All. Day. Long.

Good stuff. Do the play by play here on Monday Night.  I thought 49er's were going to blow out KC in SB. Your analysis speaks volumes.  I was highly impressed with how Saleh and the Jets took on KC and nearly pulled off the upset. In fact, had it not been for 2 atrocious calls, the INT turned PI and the no call hold on JJ, the outcome might have been different. Regardless, Saleh gave Mahomes fits.  Be interesting to see how he attacks Purdy and tries to keep that offense in check.

• Upvote 1