New York Jets, Haason Reddick Contract Saga No Longer About Fines. Game checks are now on the line, to the tune of $852,941 for each game missed.

23 minutes ago, nycdan said:

6th worst if you want to use real data.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj/coaches.htm

Oddly enough, if he goes 10-7 this season for sake of argument, he will move up 6 more slots, passing Coslet, Bowles, and Carroll.

We have a grand total of 3 HCs with career records of 500 or better. One is the immortal Sammy Baugh, who went 14-14 over 2 years from 60-61. One is Al Groh, who noped out like Rocky Marciano after managing an elite 9-7 season in 2000. Only Parcells, over a 3-year period, had any sort of meaningful success (.604). Good God that is awful

Also, Saleh's 18 wins makes him the 10th-winningest coach in franchise history, and not in the bottom 10. 10 wins this year and he'll jump all the way to 7th

• Sympathy 1
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

We have a grand total of 3 HCs with career records of 500 or better. One is the immortal Sammy Baugh, who went 14-14 over 2 years from 60-61. One is Al Groh, who noped out like Rocky Marciano after managing an elite 9-7 season in 2000. Only Parcells, over a 3-year period, had any sort of meaningful success (.604). Good God that is awful

Also, Saleh's 18 wins makes him the 10th-winningest coach in franchise history, and not in the bottom 10. 10 wins this year and he'll jump all the way to 7th

Anytime you look at historical stats for the Jets it's a grim reminder of the franchises ineptitude.

QB stats will always be the worst though.

Rodgers could put up the worst season of his career and it would still probably be a top 10 jets qb season in history.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Anytime you look at historical stats for the Jets it's a grim reminder of the franchises ineptitude.

QB stats will always be the worst though.

Rodgers could put up the worst season of his career and it would still probably be a top 10 jets qb season in history.

Without checking, I think the 10th worst season of Rodgers career would easily be the best season by a Jets QB ever statistically.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Without checking, I think the 10th worst season of Rodgers career would easily be the best season by a Jets QB ever statistically.  

It's close. If you don't include Rodgers' partial seasons (2007, 2013 and 2017) his 10th best season by passer rating was 2019 (95.4). That would be the 4th best ever season by a Jets QB. His 6th best season (discounting those same 3 partial seasons) would tie Pennington for best passer rating in a season by a Jets QB.

Screenshot_20240904-084220_Chrome.jpg

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

It's close. If you don't include Rodgers' partial seasons (2007, 2013 and 2017) his 10th best season by passer rating was 2019 (95.4). That would be the 4th best ever season by a Jets QB. His 6th best season (discounting those same 3 partial seasons) would tie Pennington for best passer rating in a season by a Jets QB.

Chad...the hero we needed but not the one we deserved...

Lessons Of 'The Dark Knight', On Its Fifth Anniversary

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Passer rating???

No.

Yards/TD's.-Ints. All other stats are just Nerd Food.

Just now, bicketybam said:

Futurama Squinting GIF

Anything that makes Chad Pennington look like an "Elite" player in some way is just statistical nonsense. "He had a Passer Rating of 104!!"

Nobody cares. 

Lost in Mr. Noodles nostalgia with his "Completion Percentage" is that he NEVER cracked 3400 yards as the Jets QB (He threw for 3600 as a Dolphin in '08 somehow) and his highest TD passes in a season was... 2002, when he had 22. 

Thats Not Good GIF by Big Brother

25 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Passer rating???

No.

Yards/TD's.-Ints. All other stats are just Nerd Food.

16 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Anything that makes Chad Pennington look like an "Elite" player in some way is just statistical nonsense. "He had a Passer Rating of 104!!"

Nobody cares. 

Lost in Mr. Noodles nostalgia with his "Completion Percentage" is that he NEVER cracked 3400 yards as the Jets QB (He threw for 3600 as a Dolphin in '08 somehow) and his highest TD passes in a season was... 2002, when he had 22. 

Thats Not Good GIF by Big Brother

I don't want to argue about Chad Pennington but you need to explain your formula to me.

(Total yard/TD)-Int's

That formula doesn't make any sense unless a lower is score better. It would have to be, right?

For reference, Testaverde in 1998 went for 3256 29/7. That works out to 105.28

Pennington in 2002 went for 3120 22/6. That's a 135.82.

17 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I don't want to argue about Chad Pennington but you need to explain your formula to me.

(Total yard/TD)-Int's

That formula doesn't make any sense unless a lower is score better. It would have to be, right?

For reference, Testaverde in 1998 went for 3256 29/7. That works out to 105.28

Pennington in 2002 went for 3120 22/6. That's a 135.82.

Cool. Now tell me you aren't saying Chad's 2002 blip was better than Vinnys 1998 season... 😆 

It's not a "formula". I judge a QBs season by passing yards and the TD to Interception ratio at the end. That's it. It's not math. I was told there would be NO math.

Lets take a couple of.plausible but invented scenarios:

4500 yards 35 TDs, 12 Ints.- Great season

4500 yards 35 TDs, 35 Ints- not as great, Jameis. Cut down the picks and he may have been something. 

4200 Yards 30 TDs 10 picks - (All I'm asking from #8) would be a pretty good season and the best statistical year for a Jets QB ever.

3300 Yards 22 TDs 6 picks? Game manager.

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Or maybe I was simply better with financial planning than some others?

financial planning doesn't really impact tax rates for personal income (salary).  

for multi-million dollar incomes marginal tax rate is over 45% for NJ.  add in agent fees and you are pretty close.

what don't you understand about that?

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Cool. Now tell me you aren't saying Chad's 2002 blip was better than Vinnys 1998 season... 😆 

It's not a "formula". I judge a QBs season by passing yards and the TD to Interception ratio at the end. That's it. It's not math. I was told there would be NO math.

Lets take a couple of.plausible but invented scenarios:

4500 yards 35 TDs, 12 Ints.- Great season

4500 yards 35 TDs, 35 Ints- not as great, Jameis. Cut down the picks and he may have been something. 

4200 Yards 30 TDs 10 picks - (All I'm asking from #8) would be a pretty good season and the best statistical year for a Jets QB ever.

I'm not saying Pennington's 2002 year was great. I'm just trying to quantify the best seasons by a Jets starter and happened to use passer rating.

Passing yards are great but unfortunately we only had one 4000 yard passer and that was Namath in 1967. The fact remains that no Jet QB has had a season that would be considered truly outstanding Even Testaverde threw for only 3256 yards in 1998. 

So using your rating system, what are the top 5 QB seasons by a Jet?

16 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't want to use it on a long-term deal for Reddick.  We have enough younger players that will want huge contracts.

Not only that but we may need financial flexibility to add other pieces or replacements, if the team is making a run this year. 

Unrelated: is the pic I saw of Reddick signing Jets gear real and recent? Seems odd given today is practically the last real day to end his holdout and join for week 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

Not only that but we may need financial flexibility to add other pieces or replacements, if the team is making a run this year. 

Unrelated: is the pic I saw of Reddick signing Jets gear real and recent? Seems odd given today is practically the last real day to end his holdout and join for week 1

Today is a day off, tomorrow is the last day 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

That is what Chad was, and was pretty good at it.

He didn't miss the field goal that would have sent us to the AFC championship.  He did his job.

But I know what you are saying.  We had a few good years at the start with Joe Willy, Ken O'Brien (meh), Chad Pennington (meh) and half a season with Brett Favre.  Thats it.  Indianapolis got more than that two QB's in a row with Manning and Luck. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I'm not saying Pennington's 2002 year was great. I'm just trying to quantify the best seasons by a Jets starter and happened to use passer rating.

Passing yards are great but unfortunately we only had one 4000 yard passer and that was Namath in 1967. The fact remains that no Jet QB has had a season that would be considered truly outstanding Even Testaverde threw for only 3256 yards in 1998. 

So using your rating system, what are the top 5 QB seasons by a Jet?

Testaverde only had 3,256 in 1998 because he only had 13 starts.  In those starts he averaged 243 yards which would be good for 4,100 and change this year.  He certainly would have had more yards if that fat **** didn't keep trying to force Glenn Foley on us.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Testaverde only had 3,256 in 1998 because he only had 13 starts.  In those starts he averaged 243 yards which would be good for 4,100 and change this year.  He certainly would have had more yards if that fat **** didn't keep trying to force Glenn Foley on us.

Why did he go back to Foley for the Rams game? VT started and won the previous 2 games. 

1 hour ago, Doggin94it said:

A truly great GM would have found a stud QB with the last pick of the draft to make up for it, though

Teams definitely need to start firing GM's who don't use the last pick of the draft on franchise QB's.

Inexcusable, really.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

imagine the optics of refusing to sign jets stuff at a autograph session in nj

• Upvote 1

• Bronx changed the title to Rule him out Roberto!