NFL FOOTBALL IS SO BACK Chiefs/Ravens

7 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

What's the qualifier here?  Lamar had a historic week against the Texans in the divisional round. 

Why? Because of the 100 rushing yards? Lamar does that in his sleep. 

I certainly wouldn't call 152 passing yards on 22 attempts (6.9 yards/attempt) "historic"

Now do his other playoff games. 

15 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Defense wouldnt stop Mahomes in OT, coaching Staff abandoned the run game (again), they got too screen happy, OL sucks but yes, it was all Lamar's fault!!!! 

When did I say last night's loss was Lamar's fault???

I said has sucked in the playoffs, thus far. And he has. I also said he sucked balls in the biggest game of his career, thus far (last year's AFC title game). He did. 

I'm sorry if these inconvenient facts hurt your *sshole. 

10 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Why? Because of the 100 rushing yards? Lamar does that in his sleep. 

I certainly wouldn't call 152 passing yards on 22 attempts (6.9 yards/attempt) "historic"

Now do his other playoff games. 

Most 100 yard rushing games for a QB in the playoffs and 1 of 2 QB's to run for 100 yards and 2 TD and throw for 2 TD's.  You asked for a great playoff performance and I provided a historic one.

2 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Most 100 yard rushing games for a QB in the playoffs and 1 of 2 QB's to run for 100 yards and 2 TD and throw for 2 TD's.  You asked for a great playoff performance and I provided a historic one.

Nobody questions his ability to rush the ball. 

People do have some questions about his ability to win from the pocket in the playoffs. 

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Agree with all of this. 

I’d say almost all RBs thrive with more carries. I didn’t understand not giving him the ball after that first quarter. (Something Jason Garrett also noted at halftime) 

what is the point of bringing Henry in if Lamar is  still going to be asked to run for 150 yards? He will get hurt this year if they let him run as much as he did last night - give the ball to Henry!

and the officiating was hilariously bad at times 

I’m guessing the Ravens were caught off guard by how bad their OL performed and “let Lamar run it” was the only thing they came up with on the fly.

Week 1-4 is usually bad football, so at least the game was somewhat okay… just ridiculous officiating. I’m not biased either. Both of these teams are fun. I don’t particularly care who wins. I just want an uncompromised game.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

When did I say last night's loss was Lamar's fault???

I said has sucked in the playoffs, thus far. And he has. I also said he sucked balls in the biggest game of his career, thus far (last year's AFC title game). He did. 

I'm sorry if these inconvenient facts hurt your *sshole. 

Ah, sorry, lumped you in w/ others posters who were putting that L on him.  

As I pointed out, he hasnt "sucked" in the playoffs, I think that's stupidly simplistic.  He's had 2 very good games, 1 was historic and a few clunkers.  Pretty typical for all QBs.  And I completely disagree he sucked in the AFC Champ game.  There isnt a QB in the NFL who asked to do more, w/ less and I think that game and last night highlighted that fact very well and its why he's the youngest player ever to win 2 MVPs.

Mahomes is the GOAT IMO but dude has always had a HOF to throw it to and once, he had 2!   Like, idk, I think the Lamar haters think this sh*t is all equal.  It's ******* not.  When Manning was sh*tting the bed, he was surrounded by HOF'ers, this is not the same.  The Ravens have failed him and yet, he continues to rise above it.

14 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Nobody questions his ability to rush the ball. 

People do have some questions about his ability to win from the pocket in the playoffs. 

Do you think the reason that Mahomes wins in the playoffs is because of what he does, in the pocket? 

You think maybe having Hollywood Brown as his best WR he has ever played w/ has anything to do w/ his ability to win from the pocket? 

You ever notice that Mahomes has never not had a HOF'er to throw the ball to?  

Ah, sorry, lumped you in w/ others posters who were putting that L on him.  

As I pointed out, he hasnt "sucked" in the playoffs, I think that's stupidly simplistic. 

Bruh, he's been outright bad in 4 of the 6 games he's played, and one of the other games was "meh" at best. 

These are his game logs: 

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/lamar-jackson-playoff-game-logs

8 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

And I completely disagree he sucked in the AFC Champ game.  

Bruh. Come on. I'm holding him to a high standard, but shouldn't I? 

9 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Mahomes is the GOAT IMO but dude has always had a HOF to throw it to and once, he had 2!   Like, idk, I think the Lamar haters think this sh*t is all equal.  It's ******* not.  When Manning was sh*tting the bed, he was surrounded by HOF'ers, this is not the same.  The Ravens have failed him and yet, he continues to rise above it.

Hmmm. IDK, Baltimore is a legit organization and has generally given him a very good OL and it's not like he has scrubs at WR or TE. I do agree that he hasn't had a HOFer to throw to, so that's fair. 

I suppose this discussion is To Be Continued. 

9 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Do you think the reason that Mahomes wins in the playoffs is because of what he does, in the pocket? 

You think maybe having Hollywood Brown as his best WR he has ever played w/ has anything to do w/ his ability to win from the pocket? 

You ever notice that Mahomes has never not had a HOF'er to throw the ball to?  

So, Mahomes is a magical player. I think comparing other QBs to him right now is tough. His career playoff rating is 105.8, while Lamar's is 75.7.

Mahomes also had a really sh*tty WR group last year - arguably one of the worst in the league. However, he also has Reid and Kelce, so I get it. 

These comparisons are never one to one. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Bruh, he's been outright bad in 4 of the 6 games he's played, and one of the other games was "meh" at best. 

These are his game logs: 

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/lamar-jackson-playoff-game-logs

Bruh. Come on. I'm holding him to a high standard, but shouldn't I? 

Hmmm. IDK, Baltimore is a legit organization and has generally given him a very good OL and it's not like he has scrubs at WR or TE. I do agree that he hasn't had a HOFer to throw to, so that's fair. 

I suppose this discussion is To Be Continued. 

Meh he put up 335 yards vs. the best defense in the NFL w/ zero run support and his best receiving option was a rookie who ended up costing them a chance to comeback and tie the game.  I disagree he played bad.   Again, there is no player in the NFL asked to do more w/ less than Lamar and I think that's why as a team, they come crashing down in the playoffs.  The have absolutely 100% failed him as an organization.  Hollywood Brown is the best receiving option he's played w/ and Mark Andrews is brittle AF.

12 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

So, Mahomes is a magical player. I think comparing other QBs to him right now is tough. His career playoff rating is 105.8, while Lamar's is 75.7.

Mahomes also had a really sh*tty WR group last year - arguably one of the worst in the league. However, he also has Reid and Kelce, so I get it. 

These comparisons are never one to one. 

Let me ask you this; that year when Lamar first won MVP.  Completed 66%, 36 vs 6, ran for 1200 and extra 7....take him off that sh*tty Ravens team and put him the Chiefs w/ Kelce and Hill...you think he doesnt win the SB that year?  

7 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Let me ask you this; that year when Lamar first won MVP.  Completed 66%, 36 vs 6, ran for 1200 and extra 7....take him off that sh*tty Ravens team and put him the Chiefs w/ Kelce and Hill...you think he doesnt win the SB that year?  

I honestly don't know because it's an entirely different offense and situation, but just FYI, that "sh*tty Ravens team" (2019 Ravens) had 13 pro-bowlers, 6 all-pros, and a great HC. 

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I honestly don't know because it's an entirely different offense and situation, but just FYI, that "sh*tty Ravens team" (2019 Ravens) had 13 pro-bowlers, 6 all-pros, and a great HC. 

And the only All-Pro on offense?  Lamar Jackson.    Oh wait, was Stanley still on the team?  Ok  so Lamar and Stanley.  

23 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

And the only All-Pro on offense?  Lamar Jackson.    Oh wait, was Stanley still on the team?  Ok  so Lamar and Stanley.  

Lamar and Stanley first team 

Yanda second team 

So 2 all pro OL 

Mark Andrews - pro bowl TE

Mark Ingraham - pro bowl RB

Justin Tucker -  first team all pro kicker

elite defense  

14-2 record 

#1 seed

Tied an NFL record with 12 pro bowl selections.

you want us to rub your feet for ya, too?  

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Lamar and Stanley first team 

Yanda second team 

So 2 all pro OL 

Mark Andrews - pro bowl TE

Mark Ingraham - pro bowl RB

Justin Tucker -  first team all pro kicker

elite defense  

14-2 record 

#1 seed

Tied an NFL record with 12 pro bowl selections.

you want us to rub your feet for ya, too?  

He was throwing Hollywood Brown and Willie Snead. lmfao

But that's the problem .. without Maholmes there is no Kelsey ... Certainly not with Lamar.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

He was throwing Hollywood Brown and Willie Snead. lmfao

And mark Andrews with a pro bowl RB

And how is that worse than what Mahomes had at WR last year? 

a rookie Rice and sky Moore? Lol dude had Hardman fumbling in playoff games. That WR core was ASS

Just now, slimjasi said:

And mark Andrews with a pro bowl RB

And how is that worse than what Mahomes had at WR last year? 

a rookie Rice and sky Moore? Lol dude had Hardman fumbling in playoff games. That WR core was ASS

Mahomes is the GOAT, not sure what you're doing here but dude was throwing to 2 HOF'ers that year.  lmfao

Just now, JiFtheOracle said:

Mahomes is the GOAT, not sure what you're doing here but dude was throwing to 2 HOF'ers that year.  lmfao

All I’m saying is that you are making a lot of excuses for your boy

that ravens team was loaded but Lamar was ass cheeks against the Titans in the divisional round 

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

All I’m saying is that you are making a lot of excuses for your boy

that ravens team was loaded but Lamar was ass cheeks against the Titans in the divisional round 

Mark Engram and Mark Andrews is not loaded.  I mean, really?  lol

3 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Mark Engram and Mark Andrews is not loaded.  I mean, really?  lol

I mean the team 

they had an elite defense 

an elite offensive line

a very good TE and RB 

An elite special teams 

are you the MVP or not? 

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

I mean the team 

they had an elite defense 

an elite offensive line

a very good TE and RB 

An elite special teams 

are you the MVP or not? 

My man, just stop.  lol

Lamar threw for 365 yards and ran for another 150 in the playoff game.  500 total ******* yards himself.  lol  I know in your distorted mind, that's a bad game but this elite defense your referencing, gave up 300 yards rushing to Derrick Henry and the Titans that game.  Tannehill completed 7 passes.  It was an utter ass whipping and Lamar had to be Superman, yet again.

Do you want me to massage your anus now?  Or are we done?

10 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

My man, just stop.  lol

Lamar threw for 365 yards and ran for another 150 in the playoff game.  500 total ******* yards himself.  lol  I know in your distorted mind, that's a bad game but this elite defense your referencing, gave up 300 yards rushing to Derrick Henry and the Titans that game.  Tannehill completed 7 passes.  It was an utter ass whipping and Lamar had to be Superman, yet again.

Do you want me to massage your anus now?  Or are we done?

He completed 52% of his passes (31/59)

he threw for 365 yards on 59 attempts - 6.2 yards per attempt. That’s AWFUL

1 TD, 2 picks 

4 sacks 

trailed the entire game 

his only TD pass wasn’t until the 4th quarter when trailing 28-6

how well do you remember this game? Because I do - he wasn’t good  

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

He completed less than 55% of his passes 

he threw for 365 yards on 59 attempts - 6.2 yards per attempt. That’s AWFUL

1 TD, 2 picks 

4 sacks 

trailed the entire game 

his only TD pass wasn’t until the 4th quarter when trailing 28-6

how well do you remember this game? Because I do - he wasn’t good  

See!  500 yards, he sucks!!!  lmfao  No mention of the elite defense getting their balls smashed down their throat? 

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Why? 

You don't have to try and stop Patrick Mahomes if you score a 2 point conversion and you've got Derrick Henry and Lamar Jackson in the backfield.

because my opinion is that its stupid. you take the tie and trust your team to win it in overtime. at best you have a coin flip chance to make the 2 point. you already have just as good a chance to win the coin toss. and if you lose you still have a good chance to hold them out of the end zone. whatever, its my opinion. feel free to disagree

4 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

See!  500 yards, he sucks!!!  lmfao  No mention of the elite defense getting their balls smashed down their throat? 

LMAO 

The team had 6 total points well into the 4th quarter - why are you so defensive of this guy? He was awful in that game! Seriously - do you remember the game? He was bad. Find a person who remembers that game who disagrees. 

10 points at home in the title game last year.

3 points until the final 6 minutes of the wild card game against the Chargers 

all at home with a better team 

You can love a player and still be cognizant of reality 

34 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

LMAO 

The team had 6 total points well into the 4th quarter - why are you so defensive of this guy? He was awful in that game! Seriously - do you remember the game? He was bad. Find a person who remembers that game who disagrees. 

10 points at home in the title game last year.

3 points until the final 6 minutes of the wild card game against the Chargers 

all at home with a better team 

You can love a player and still be cognizant of reality 

I just get a kick out of all the silly narratives.  If you want to say, Lamar has come up short in the playoffs, cool.  No argument.  Its when people starting saying dumb sh*t, where I just like to make them see there error in their judgement.

What QB is good enough to top Mahomes in the playoffs, in your opinion? 

On 9/5/2024 at 11:59 PM, Bugg said:

"He can't set himself". Had a clean pocket and was set.

One second says Jackson missed the open TE in the corner, then the CB made a great play shutting TE down and giving him no room. Same play, can't be both. Talk talk talk....

Collinsworth so overrated 

On 9/6/2024 at 10:18 PM, JiFtheOracle said:

I just get a kick out of all the silly narratives.  If you want to say, Lamar has come up short in the playoffs, cool.  No argument.  Its when people starting saying dumb sh*t, where I just like to make them see there error in their judgement.

What QB is good enough to top Mahomes in the playoffs, in your opinion? 

Joe Burrow beat him in the playoffs.

Lamar and his backyard football style can win in the regular season but come playoff time, you have to be able to throw the ball.  Lamar Jackson is an awful passer.  He was an embarrassment throwing the ball Thursday night.

Weve seen Lamars ceiling.

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe Burrow beat him in the playoffs.

Lamar and his backyard football style can win in the regular season but come playoff time, you have to be able to throw the ball.  Lamar Jackson is an awful passer.  He was an embarrassment throwing the ball Thursday night.

Weve seen Lamars ceiling.

Joe Burrow also beat Patrick Mahomes in an AFC conference championship game. 

I get the criticisms of Lamar and I think there's some validity to them but, at the same time, we also have to acknowledge that there are few QBs (maybe none) who carry their team as much as Lamar does the Ravens.  And the Ravens were very close to beating KC last year too, btw.  That said, I do think he's probably close to "falling off the cliff" as a player (especially if he's going to run as physically as he did against KC).  He's already had a great and pretty long career though (especially for a QB who runs so much).  But I won't put it past him that he could win a SB this year.  He's still great.