Bad QB Play Week 1

It was definitely ugly to say the least. Let’s take a look at overreaction Monday and see if any of these guys are salavagble? 

Will Levis was BAD and threw one of the worst pick 6s I’ve ever seen in my life. Almost like he had $$ on the game.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

Stats might not matter to top pick Caleb Williams but he looked UGLY in his debut.

would have worked if there wasn't a second guy after he evaded the first. I guess it's especially stupid considering it's a screen play. bad play by him but I think he'll figure out how to deal with these guys just fine. 

40 minutes ago, PS17 said:

This is the opportunity cost of soft training camps and not playing starters in the preseason. Weeks 1-4 are sloppy as hell now. 

It's kind of been this way for a while.  It's why you can never overreact to what you see in Week 1.  I think this is some of the unintended consequences of lengthening the season while eliminating a preseason game.  That said, I'm surprised more teams arent trying to take advantage of it and "steal" any easy week 1 victory.

Tonight will be interesting because neither team as played any starters but by all accounts, the Jets have run a ridiculously hard camp...so should be interesting to see how that plays out.  I still think it will be sloppy, low scoring in the teens type of game but we shall soon see!

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

It's kind of been this way for a while.  It's why you can never overreact to what you see in Week 1.  I think this is some of the unintended consequences of lengthening the season while eliminating a preseason game.  That said, I'm surprised more teams arent trying to take advantage of it and "steal" any easy week 1 victory.

Tonight will be interesting because neither team as played any starters but by all accounts, the Jets have run a ridiculously hard camp...so should be interesting to see how that plays out.  I still think it will be sloppy, low scoring in the teens type of game but we shall soon see!

Reid and the Chiefs play their starters in the preseason and they literally never lose in September. 

• WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Knew that was coming, lol. I think that’s their only September loss since Mahomes took over in 2018. 

14-4...is that good?  lol

I dont know if it's because of the preseason though or just because they're the best team in the NFL?  idk  They also had a few ridiculously easy match ups over that time frame but nonetheless, pretty solid.

6 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

and the cherry on top for week 1 ineptitude goes to Mr Watson himself. Wow the Houston Texans must thank their lucky stars every night Cleveland came along and BAILED them out by taking this guy off their hands!

lmfao, the pass at 30 seconds, from a clean pocket, might be the most inaccurate pass I've ever seen.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

One reason I heard on this was starting QBs and other starters not playing in exhibition games. And not being totally prepared and ready on opening day. 

They play vanilla defenses in preseason. That isn't going to help anyone.

6 minutes ago, Claymation said:

I agree and this is coming a guy who had to watch Zach for 3 years.

6 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

That was the one that caught my eye, too - incredibly bad.

It's so bad, that I cant even really make out where the ball comes down.  I can see the entire DL sitting on the bench looking like they did a "look out" and everyone reacted but I dont see the ball.  lmfao

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

and the cherry on top for week 1 ineptitude goes to Mr Watson himself. Wow the Houston Texans must thank their lucky stars every night Cleveland came along and BAILED them out by taking this guy off their hands!

Mayfield being better is beautiful karma

• Upvote 1