Cimini said it best today...no really

14 hours ago, slats said:

So far this year, the Raiders have 98 yards rushing and are averaging 2.5 ypc. They’re force-feeding the ball to Bowers in an effort to compensate for their lack of a rushing attack. That’s cool, and I’m happy for him. 

I’m not interested in a back and forth on this. Bowers could become a first ballot HoF’er, and I still wouldn’t draft the next hyped up, undersized TE because it would still be a tremendous risk. Should Fashanu develop simply into a quality starting OT, he’ll be considered a solid pick. If Bowers goes on to become an average TE, he’ll be a massive bust. That’s where positional value comes into play. Bowers needs to be on that Kelce/Kitle level to justify his draft position. We’ll see how he holds up while the Raiders continue to try to run the offense thru him. 

The evidence that Bowers was over-drafted is that the Raiders took him.   He may be a good player but given our tackles health issued and contracts, Fashanu was the right pick.   Next year Smith will be somewhere else and Olu will step right in and they will have the money to pay Sauce and Garrett.

• Thumb Down 1

23 hours ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Oh and Tyler Conklin is overrated poop who is worthless and just taking up space.  Passing on Brock Bowers was next level stupid.  This offense would be so much better w/ Brock Bowers it's not even funny.  Dude is a legit star in week 2 of his career.  Right now, nobody can shake loose off the LOS for the quick gains, other than G5 and this dude would be exactly what the offense needs.  oh well but damn, looks at this beast;

True , but we need a backup more 

22 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The offense is very much work in progress. Rust shake off and gelling of all these guys playing together needs to happen. Mike WIlliams working back into more snaps will take pressure off everyone and that 2RB formation has a ton of potential, I hope they lean on it more and evolve it over the season. 

Mike Williams has so far seen the field 43% of the snaps, while Lazard has been out there 90%. Lazard has the third most targets on the team at 13, while Williams has one. The sooner those numbers start to swap, the better it will be for the offense. Williams is simply a much better and more reliable receiver than Lazard. 

Malachi Corley has seen two offensive snaps so far and caught a short pass on one of them. I’m a huge fan of the two-back sets, Allen looks awesome out there and his talents should be exploited, but they should be able to come up with some manufactured touches for Corley, too. So far, that’s been a disappointment. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slats said:

Mike Williams has so far seen the field 43% of the snaps, while Lazard has been out there 90%. Lazard has the third most targets on the team at 13, while Williams has one. The sooner those numbers start to swap, the better it will be for the offense. Williams is simply a much better and more reliable receiver than Lazard. 

Malachi Corley has seen two offensive snaps so far and caught a short pass on one of them. I’m a huge fan of the two-back sets, Allen looks awesome out there and his talents should be exploited, but they should be able to come up with some manufactured touches for Corley, too. So far, that’s been a disappointment. 

Can't say I'm very excited about Corely. Just doesn't seem like an NFL receiver to me. Obviously I hope he works out but I don't anticipate much from him early in his career, if ever.

On 9/16/2024 at 1:00 AM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I can't believe it, after watching this game so much anger towards my team and we won. 

Well I might have alluded to it but didn't say it this neatly.

Cimini of all people said it perfectly. 

Unbelievable 

Define Creativity

Considering 2 weeks in - with a new OL, QB, some new WRs & RBs all trying to play together for the first time in live game action especially when the QB hasn't played in basically 20 months. 

To me it's clear they want to get the running game going hoping it allows the OL to gel, which in turn will open up the passing game while taking pressure off Rodgers as he acclimates himself to playing in live games again.

SMH at people expecting to see an established offense that has been playing together for 2-3 yrs right out of the gate. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/16/2024 at 8:42 AM, slats said:

Taking a 6’3”, 230lb TE at pick #11 would’ve been dumb. I hope the Jets don’t need Fashanu all year, but I’m glad to have him (and he’s the only reserve tackle they’ve dressed so far this season). 

My expectation was that Rodgers would need a couple/few weeks to shake his own rust to start the season. Mike Williams just started practicing maybe ten days before the opener, and I expect his role to continue to grow. They’re working in Corley, too, and we’ll be seeing his role expand as he gets more comfortable. 

What the Jets did draft is a 6’1”, 235lb RB with a 5th round comp pick who looks as if he can be every bit of the weapon that an undersized, overdrafted TE can be, and I’m actually kinda stunned that the Jets have figured it out so quickly. The moment Allen was drafted, I was talking about making him a FB. The idea, of course, was to get both RBs on the field at the same time. Allen has proven to be a better receiver than I expected, and the fact that Beeece can comfortably line up and operate as a WR also helps. You line Allen at flanker, and he’s basically a Bowers who can also rush the ball for a quarter of the price. 

It was week two of a long season, and it looked a lot better than week one. Even got to see successful adjustments being made on both sides of the ball. I expect to see more improvement in the coming weeks, although I’m not excited to face NE’s defense on another short week. 

So: Never mind Brock Bowers is looking like an all pro after 2 games and we could have had him at #11?  Because we got Braelon Allen with a 5th?

Translation:  "Look over there!"

14 hours ago, C Mart said:

Define Creativity

Considering 2 weeks in - with a new OL, QB, some new WRs & RBs all trying to play together for the first time in live game action especially when the QB hasn't played in basically 20 months. 

To me it's clear they want to get the running game going hoping it allows the OL to gel, which in turn will open up the passing game while taking pressure off Rodgers as he acclimates himself to playing in live games again.

SMH at people expecting to see an established offense that has been playing together for 2-3 yrs right out of the gate. 

No we just expect the game plan to be alittle more competent than a high school team 

21 hours ago, rbstern said:

So: Never mind Brock Bowers is looking like an all pro after 2 games and we could have had him at #11?  Because we got Braelon Allen with a 5th?

Translation:  "Look over there!"

He had 98 yards.  this is epic level of salad tossing.  Olu is going to be a good LT which is way more valuable 

On 9/17/2024 at 7:09 AM, slats said:

I’m a huge fan of the two-back sets, Allen looks awesome out there and his talents should be exploited, but they should be able to come up with some manufactured touches for Corley, too. So far, that’s been a disappointment. 

Last year, Miami gashed teams when Achane and Mostert were on the field at the same time.

Teams just don't know how to defend 2 dual threats on the field at the same time, in particular when you have one of those guys in motion.

The problem was Achane got hurt and beat-up over the course of the season.

• Upvote 1