Should the Jets give Yannick Ngakoue a call?

ARodJetsFan

Ngakoue just turned 29 years old in March and while he had a down year last season (4 Sacks in 13 games) he's been pretty productive for most of his career 10 sacks in 2021 7 & 9.5 sacks in 2022.

Yannick Ngakoue - Google Search

I know he went to IR last season (in December) with a broken ankle that required surgey

I don't think it would be a bad idea to give him a call to check on his health & maybe gauge his interest - even if he couldn't play until the 2nd half of the season.

I think at this point, he would be a nice insurance/depth signing for later in the season.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

If he is still recovering from the injury then we can’t use him now which is when we need him. I’d rather take Lawson who I believe is on the Cowboys practice squad and knows our D so he could play even this week probably.

I don't know if Ngakoue is still recovering or not, but he's worth a phone call at the very least.

He's about 10 months removed from that injury.

I don't think Lawson left here on the best of terms and there is no guarantee, he'd even sign here.

8 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Pretty sure he's out there too!

Al Woods tore his Achilles in week 6 of 2023 when we were playing the Giants.

He may not even be full go yet, assuming that he had surgery and has tried to rehab.

He's also 37 years old.

That said, nothing wrong with an exploratory phine call.

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Yes, we should give him a call but not to discuss the possibility of signing him.

We should just check-in and say hi.  He probably would appreciate something like that.

Are you talking about Ngakoue or Woods?

Probably would be a nice gesture, to follow up with Woods.

1 hour ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Are you talking about Ngakoue or Woods?

Probably would be a nice gesture, to follow up with Woods.

I think it would be a nice surprise to both of them if we did one of those calls where JD speaks to the guy, then hands the phone off to Saleh, then to Hymie Elhai, then to Woody's teenaged son, and then to Woody.

Again though, just to say a friendly hello.  It's not about business.

2 hours ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Fotu is coming back soon.

He's out until at least week 5 I believe, since he was put on IR.

Don't know if he's the answer - but that's still 3 weeks away and we don't know if he'll be 100% when he does come back.

This team can never catch a break with friggin' injuries, every single year.