Why is it always so hard?

For decades I watch other teams score points and win games. It’s rough guys. Even if they won last week and this week, the play has not been improving. Look at ravens/bengals today and tell me we are a professional football team.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Wit said:

For decades I watch other teams score points and win games. It’s rough guys. Even if they won last week and this week, the play has not been improving. Look at ravens/bengals today and tell me we are a professional football team.

This franchise is rudderless. It all starts with Woody and trickles down into every layer of the organization. The General Manager and Head Coach report into the owner. That's great if you're the Rooneys but doesn't work when you're the Johnsons.

It doesn't matter who the QB is. They will never win a thing with Woody running the show. Favre, Flacco, Rodgers -- bring in any Super Bowl winning QB you want and the NYJ disfunction will swallow them whole.

There is no fixing this with Woody at the top.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

This franchise is rudderless. It all starts with Woody and trickles down into every layer of the organization. The General Manager and Head Coach report into the owner. That's great if you're the Rooneys but doesn't work when you're the Johnsons.

It doesn't matter who the QB is. They will never win a thing with Woody running the show. Favre, Flacco, Rodgers -- bring in any HOF QB you want and the NYJ disfunction will swallow them whole.

There is no fixing this with Woody at the top.

1JD had an embarrassing feature where Woody had employees stand up and ring an actual physical bell 🛎️ in the office when they hooked a new season ticket subscriber.

When the owner cares about his bottom line more than winning, this is what you get.

Losing is acceptable because there are no standards that actually matter in terms of wins and losses.

As long as Woody is making money, I think he’s good with whatever.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Hard to do anything without a QB. 

Unfortunately we have the one QB in history that requires at least 4 years of reps with the same players. 

Oh and hard to do anything with a predictable OC. Round and round we go. 

Hahahahaha.  You cant expect to get on the same page w/ your teammates after only 1,000 offseason reps and 5 games.  This is going to take years.

28 minutes ago, Wit said:

It’s crazy. I watch other games and they have big runs and open receivers. We cannot even gain more than 1-2 yards on runs and most of our passes are less than 10 air yards. It’s like watching a completely different game!

10 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

It's the people in charge.  They are, and have been, in over their heads.  They don't know what they're doing.

Woody needs to hire Vrabel or Jon Gruden.  Now.

The only way this gets fixed is for a James Dolan like retreat from the organization. You need a Glen Sather/Bill Parcells like figured head to take over. The personality and resumé need to be indisputable. 

Vrabel isn't that guy. Jon Gruden's comeback tour was four years of stink in Oakland and LV. 

Bill Belichick is on the market..but he would rather stick his dick in a meatgrinder than take a phone call from Woody.