So who would be the Classic Jets "NOOOOOO!!!!" pick?

RichardSeymour

Trade both 1sts and a future 2nd to move up to #1 for someone other than Bush?

AJ Hawk at #4? Seems like solid value given where he's going in most mocks but I get the feeling that most here would be underwhelmed..... certainly I don't hear his name mentioned very much around here.

Haloti Ngata at #4?

Winston Justice with D'Brick on the board?

Michael Huff?

On paper this draft looks hard to screw up.... new regime, I know... but it's worth at least considering how the Jets could make everyone here miserable.

There is so much talent out there I think it would be hard to screw this draft up. Famous last words though. I guess it is possible that the Jets have a Logan Mankins type selection under their cap. What I mean by that is a guy that draft pundits have ranked much lower than the player should be and the Jets grab him. One pick could be Bunkley from Florida State. There is a pick that would make no sense at all. This is a good question though.

AJ Hawk at #4? Seems like solid value given where he's going in most mocks but I get the feeling that most here would be underwhelmed..... certainly I don't hear his name mentioned very much around here.

Haloti Ngata at #4?

Michael Huff?

On paper this draft looks hard to screw up.... new regime, I know... but it's worth at least considering how the Jets could make everyone here miserable.

Vince Young at #4.

I'd throw up.

<gasp> Blasphemy!!!!!!

Hawk's a beast...everybody knows that!!!!

That being said, I can certaintly see most Jet fans being unhappy with Hawk @ 4. You know what I would say to that?....."Dem cats is crazy!"

I think the biggest "NOOOOOOOO" pick @ #4 might be V.Young.

<gasp> Blasphemy!!!!!!

Hawk's a beast...everybody knows that!!!!

That being said, I can certaintly see most Jet fans being unhappy with Hawk @ 4. You know what I would say to that?....."Dem cats is crazy!"

I think the biggest "NOOOOOOOO" pick @ #4 might be V.Young.

Shady - As usual, w're on the same page.

No Vince.

I's be ecstatic with Hawk.

^^^

Wisdom.

That's what I'm talking about Bob!

Now, how much Vcash do I owe you for attributing "wisdom" to one of my posts?

Seriously though, at 4 I want someone I will see on the field next year doing some form of damage. Is that selfish? A little, but come on, it's the 4th overall pick.

That's what I'm talking about Bob!

Now, how much Vcash do I owe you for attributing "wisdom" to one of my posts?

Seriously though, at 4 I want someone I will see on the field next year doing some form of damage. Is that selfish? A little, but come on, it's the 4th overall pick.

I found your man, raffy.

AJ HAWK would make himself a factor, on almost every play on the defensive side of the ball, on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd downs........for 7-10 years!!!

How many players in this draft can say the same thing?

Don't get me wrong, I like Hawk a lot and I think he'd be a fine pick for you guys.... I just hear crickets in regards to his name in this forum.

I hear those same crickets, Seymour.

I thought I'd have more allies than I do on the A.J. Hawk campaign.

For shame, for shame.

I found your man, raffy.

AJ HAWK would make himself a factor, on almost every play on the defensive side of the ball, on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd downs........for 7-10 years!!!

How many players in this draft can say the same thing?

Up until a couple weeks ago I hadn't jumped on the Hawk bandwagon. I've watched some highlights and heard what all the scouts are saying about him and I'll be honest he seems like one of the safest bets on the board regardless of what pick.

This guy loves football thats something you can't teach, and he has that warrior mentality when he's on the field. Your not gonna see him taking plays off that is for sure!

My NOOOooo pick would have to be Vince Young. This is New York and if people haven't realized it's a pretty fast paced place that were livin in here. I don't wanna wait around to see if this guy will develope in a couple years because we don't have the tools to improve our team from last year on offense. Is Chad or Ramsey gonna turn things around? I don't see it happening if we don't give them some help and drafting Young won't help this team unless he's willing to play some WR.

Up until a couple weeks ago I hadn't jumped on the Hawk bandwagon. I've watched some highlights and heard what all the scouts are saying about him and I'll be honest he seems like one of the safest bets on the board regardless of what pick.

This guy loves football thats something you can't teach, and he has that warrior mentality when he's on the field. Your not gonna see him taking plays off that is for sure!

Xcel, you're a gentleman and a scholar. :cheers:

I think that is because of two things

1) There are ALOT more issues to be dealt with the Offensive side of the ball then the D. The Jets O-Line is in shambles right now and that is why i am in favor of taking D-brick. Let him be the cornerstone of OL for the next 5-10 years. (Knowing the jets past history they will probably let him sign with someone else when his contract runs out.)

2) Andy Katzenmoyer syndrome. Don't ask me why. There have been tons of great linebackers to come out of OSU but when I see Hawk I think Katzenmoyer. Couldn't even tell you why because I think Hawk is going to be a stud in the NFL but something just is missing with him. Maybe it is all the hype that has gone to guys like Ferguson, Leinhert, Cutler (Early at least).

If the Jets were picking probably just a tad further down (say 7-10) I think Hawk would be the choice but when you are picking 4th and you could possibly have a choice of Leinhert or Ferguson you have to go with them before going with Hawk.

I hear those same crickets, Seymour.

I thought I'd have more allies than I do on the A.J. Hawk campaign.

For shame, for shame.

Like Shady, I've been one of those crickets from the beginning.

I'd be ecstatic if AJ was wearing Jet green and white in 2006.

The only thing that would bother me would be packaging both 1st rd pick to move up. We are in a rebuilding mode and our roster is depleted. Both Lines are shot to **** and it would be a death blow to this franchise to move up for Reggie Bush. It would set up back 3-5 years. Why draft reggie Bush when our oline is garbage? Our Dline lacks a true NT. Too many holes and needs to move up.

I think that is because of two things

2) Andy Katzenmoyer syndrome. Don't ask me why. There have been tons of great linebackers to come out of OSU but when I see Hawk I think Katzenmoyer. Couldn't even tell you why because I think Hawk is going to be a stud in the NFL but something just is missing with him. Maybe it is all the hype that has gone to guys like Ferguson, Leinhert, Cutler (Early at least).

The Katzenmoyer comparison doesnt fly with me.

Katzenmoyer was a good LB. Was coming on strong when neck injury ended his career. Alot of anti-Hawk rhetoric comes from the misconceived notion that Katzenmoyer sucked.

The only thing that would bother me would be packaging both 1st rd pick to move up. We are in a rebuilding mode and our roster is depleted. Both Lines are shot to **** and it would be a death blow to this franchise to move up for Reggie Bush. It would set up back 3-5 years. Why draft reggie Bush when our oline is garbage? Our Dline lacks a true NT. Too many holes and needs to move up.

With good drafting those places can be patched up in rounds 2-7. I would not mind a trade up for Bush.

IMO, an improved coaching staff will translate to better coached and better conditioned O-lineman and D-lineman.

I agree, there are many holes, but Bush would be too special to pas up, IMO.

Haloti Ngata at #4?

Michael Huff?

If we trade up to #1 (and give up a lot) and pick a Defensive player like Huff, Ngata or Hawk.

IMO, an improved coaching staff will translate to better coached and better conditioned O-lineman and D-lineman.

I agree, there are many holes, but Bush would be too special to pas up, IMO.

and he would do nothing but take punishment behind this make shift Oline until we fixed it.

We can find a RB later on in the draft. We are in no position to trade up.

With good drafting those places can be patched up in rounds 2-7. I would not mind a trade up for Bush.

Everyone says this as if it's easy to find these guys. I agree those guys are out there and would love to see us snag some but in the past I have seen what the Jets have gotten from the mid to later rounds and I don't think we can afford to give up top draft picks just to move up a couple spots...

To me, the only possible way the Jets mess up here is.

A - draft V. Young;

B - trade up to any of the top 3 picks;

C - Trade down, and fall out of a chance for D'Brick, Mario, Ngata, Davis and Hawk.

Wow....I couldn't agree more. :cheers:

Archived