Only Way The Jets Can Screw Up This Weekend

PatsFanTX

1). Trading up for Reggie Bush.

2). Taking a QB at #4.

I still think they trade down with the Raiders and take Ngata at #7.

It will be DBrick, or a trade down. If they get Bush, I will not be upset, however, you and I both know that will not happen with Mangini so why even bother to post it.

2). Taking a QB at #4.

I agree TX.

A good pool of QB's that will be there in Round's 2 and 3.

you and I both know that will not happen with Mangini so why even bother to post it.

I think it will be highly unlikely.

However, the last two days down here there has been a lot of talk of the Texans trading the #1 pick.

And their most likely trading partner has been the Jets.

Again, it could be nothing more than gossip.

2). Taking a QB at #4.

I would at taking Vince Young to that list...but thats only because I'm an ******* and have no problem taking shots at that particular "quarterback".

I think it will be highly unlikely.

However, the last two days down here there has been a lot of talk of the Texans trading the #1 pick.

And their most likely trading partner has been the Jets.

Again, it could be nothing more than gossip.

oh god i hope not......that would be the worst thing to do.....there is too many good players that'll be there at 4 or 7..

I would be pretty happy if we took Leinart at 4 but i reckon taking Young or Cutler at 4 is a big no-no,although i reckon we will pass on Leinart if he's there.I also think any trade up is a no-no.

I'm gonna have to disagree with trading up for Bush, TX. I would be all for it.

The draft is deep, and multiple picks is nice when you consider the Jets needs, but Reggie Bush is a once and a lifetime player, IMO.

I wouldnt do a Ricky Williams trade, but I would definitely pull the trigger on the rumors I'm hearing.

I'm gonna have to disagree with trading up for Bush, TX. I would be all for it.

The draft is deep, and multiple picks is nice when you consider the Jets needs, but Reggie Bush is a once and a lifetime player, IMO.

Shadtree,

The cost of moving up from #4 to #1 would be prohibitive.

I still question (because of his size) if Bush can handle 20+ touches week in, and week out, in the NFL. It's not the PAC 10 ya know.

Lastly, the Jets are not one star RB away from the Super Bowl.

With that said, I just think it is way too much of a risk for the Jets to move up.

Just my opinion.

Shadtree,

The cost of moving up from #4 to #1 would be prohibitive.

I still question (because of his size) if Bush can handle 20+ touches week in, and week out, in the NFL. It's not the PAC 10 ya know.

What would the move up cost?

I think Bush touches the ball 25 times a game rushing and receiving(eventually getting the ball even more) and displays 2,200 all purpose yds a year ability with his eyes closed.

Trading down would be fine with me, as long as they stay in the top ten.

BZ

If they don't get Hawk or Williams at #4, I would trade down to #7, acquire another pick with that trade, and draft Ngata at 7. Trade DRob for another pick (maybe a 2 or 3?) and work from there.

Deep draft. They can fill alot of holes with some good picks. Some linemen, another prototype OLB, a QB, maybe even a RB later on in the draft.

Tiki Barber 5'10" 200lbs

Reggie Bush 6'0" 200lbs (according to Scout.com)

When Tiki first entered the league, people thought he couldn't handle the load either. He's certainly proved people wrong.

Tiki Barber 5'10" 200lbs

When Tiki first entered the league, people thought he couldn't handle the load either. He's certainly proved people wrong.

Good point KS. I don't think Bush will have a problem making a major impact on the team that gets him.

Here's the difference.

Tiki Barber knows how to do a shoulder tuck to absorb a hit (BTW, CuMar has been the best RB that I have ever seen do that).

Bush runs straight up, like a bat out of hell, because he relys on his speed.

That running style will be his kiss of death in the NFL.

Tiki Barber 5'10" 200lbs

Yeah, Jim Fassell was one of them. He bulked Tiki up to like 210 or so & turned him into a 3.2 ypc 3rd-down back.

Here's the difference.

Tiki Barber knows how to do a shoulder tuck to absorb a hit (BTW, CuMar has been the best RB that I have ever seen do that).

Bush runs straight up, like a bat out of hell, because he relys on his speed.

That running style will be his kiss of death in the NFL.

Agreed, Martin is the king of the shoulder roll and tuck for those extra sneeky yards that he's piled up throughout the years. We all know Martin isnt very fast, doesnt have much cut back ability, yet he's lasted for sooo long. Good post.

Agreed, Martin is the king of the shoulder roll and tuck for those extra sneeky yards that he's piled up throughout the years. We all know Martin isnt very fast, doesnt have much cut back ability, yet he's lasted for sooo long. Good post.

All my posts are good posts.;)

All this talk of Reggie Bush's inability to carry the ball 20+ times is absolutely absurd. Look at him, aside from being shredded he's an absolute horse, just look at old game footage. If for some strange strange reason he can't run the ball 25+ times I don't think it would matter b/c the Texans have another guy named Domanic Davis whom I think is capable of carrying the load. And when Davis is running the ball look for Bush to be in the backfield along with him or even lined up as a slot receiver. Anyway you cut it this guy is a deadly weapon.

The Jets in no way, shape, or form will trade up to draft Bush simply because they have too many glaring holes to fill and the new regime understands that. Especially being in a rebuilding stage Mangini and company were probably salavating at the number of picks we have this year in a draft that is WAY DEEP in talent. I don't think they'd do anything to change that because if I were a new coach given the job of taking over a team and rebuilding it I would want to keep every pick I have to bring in young talent that I hope would grow into the future faces of this team if not trade down for more picks. If this draft weren't as deep as it was then *maybe* I see us trading up for a Reggie Bush but in this case it's not so simply put we just can't.

All this talk of Reggie Bush's inability to carry the ball 20+ times is absolutely absurd. Look at him, aside from being shredded he's an absolute horse, just look at old game footage. If for some strange strange reason he can't run the ball 25+ times I don't think it would matter b/c the Texans have another guy named Domanic Davis whom I think is capable of carrying the load. And when Davis is running the ball look for Bush to be in the backfield along with him or even lined up as a slot receiver. Anyway you cut it this guy is a deadly weapon.

The Jets in no way, shape, or form will trade up to draft Bush simply because they have too many glaring holes to fill and the new regime understands that. Especially being in a rebuilding stage Mangini and company were probably salavating at the number of picks we have this year in a draft that is WAY DEEP in talent. I don't think they'd do anything to change that because if I were a new coach given the job of taking over a team and rebuilding it I would want to keep every pick I have to bring in young talent that I hope would grow into the future faces of this team if not trade down for more picks. If this draft weren't as deep as it was then *maybe* I see us trading up for a Reggie Bush but in this case it's not so simply put we just can't.

Dude, you have to post here much more often.

You make way too much sense to be a Jet fan.

Keep working on that "enter" key however.;)

Hehe, Tx.

I think that the draft is where you fill in team needs, where you plug those holes. That's the reason I think that the Texans should pass on drafting Reggie Bush. Yep I said it. Drafting Reggie Bush isn't going to take you to the Superbowl if their defense still sucks. Look at their offense right now... with David Carr, Davis, A. Johnson, and E. Moulds I don't really think they NEED a Reggie Bush right now.

If you draft Reggie Bush with the number one pick you're going to draft a GREAT player at a position where the player you already have is suitable enough to get you to a Superbowl. What you need to do is help that running back help your team by maybe taking a D'brickashaw Ferguson (which will also help keep their franchise quarterback off of his back) with the first pick or taking Mario Williams with the first pick to help sure up that defensive line. Texans could also trade down and fill more holes. Drafting Reggie Bush will simply not get the Texans to the Superbowl.

Comments?

Hehe, Tx.

I think that the draft is where you fill in team needs, where you plug those holes. That's the reason I think that the Texans should pass on drafting Reggie Bush. Yep I said it. Drafting Reggie Bush isn't going to take you to the Superbowl if their defense still sucks. Look at their offense right now... with David Carr, Davis, A. Johnson, and E. Moulds I don't really think they NEED a Reggie Bush right now.

If you draft Reggie Bush with the number one pick you're going to draft a GREAT player at a position where the player you already have is suitable enough to get you to a Superbowl. What you need to do is help that running back help your team by maybe taking a D'brickashaw Ferguson (which will also help keep their franchise quarterback off of his back) with the first pick or taking Mario Williams with the first pick to help sure up that defensive line. Texans could also trade down and fill more holes. Drafting Reggie Bush will simply not get the Texans to the Superbowl.

Comments?

I agree, D Brick or M Williams are the two I would take with the first pick. Both fit their team needs and the playing style of the new coaching staff.

Drafting Reggie Bush will simply not get the Texans to the Superbowl.

Comments?

I agree TS.

But what team will be willing to trade up to #1 with the Texans?

No one.

But what team would be willing to trade up with the Jets for the #4 pick?

Plenty.

See the difference? The Jets have leverage and the Texans don't.;)

I agree, D Brick or M Williams are the two I would take with the first pick. Both fit their team needs and the playing style of the new coaching staff.

That's why I'm so excited with that #4 pick. If we get either Ferguson or Williams which will likely happen, we're gonna get a player whose inevitably gonna be a pro-bowler for years to come.

I agree TS.

But what team will be willing to trade up to #1 with the Texans?

No one.

But what team would be willing to trade up with the Jets for the #4 pick?

Plenty.

See the difference? The Jets have leverage and the Texans don't.;)

You're completely right about teams willing to trade up to #1, I just don't see any team doing that. As far as the Jets having leverage that's absolutely true and I absolutely love it.

No more comments for your big head. If you take out some of the repetedness of some of your critisizing posts, your stock will rise....and YES, its all about stock.

Dude, you don't get a better poster than me on this board.

The only reason I repeat myself is because dumb Jet fans just don't get it.

It's a total education process.;)

2). Taking a QB at #4.

When in the Jets' illustrious history have they made a mistake in drafting?

Dude, you don't get a better poster than me on this board.

The only reason I repeat myself is because dumb Jet fans just don't get it.

It's a total education process.;)

Cept for, like... me, GG, Verde, Smizzy, Faba...

But, take solice in the fact that you're better than Max and Guns ;)

Archived