Best Baseball Moment That You Saw

Maxman

What was it? I am talking about one that happened while you were alive and you witnessed with your own two eyes!

For me...this may be a shock...but it is not a Yankee moment.

Instead Kirk Gibson's pinch hit HR against the A's in the World Series. Eckersley was unhittable at that point. Gibson could barely stand.

If that wasn't a game and was a movie...that is exactly how it would have played out.

Still get chills whenever I see that replay!

What was it? I am talking about one that happened while you were alive and you witnessed with your own two eyes!

For me...this may be a shock...but it is not a Yankee moment.

Instead Kirk Gibson's pinch hit HR against the A's in the World Series. Eckersley was unhittable at that point. Gibson could barely stand.

If that wasn't a game and was a movie...that is exactly how it would have played out.

Still get chills whenever I see that replay!

Game 6 1996 World Series. I was lucky enough to go the game and be in the bleachers when the Yanks won. Best live sports moment I have ever had the pleasure of attending.

1. Game 6, 1996-first and only time I've seen a team I root for win it all in person.

2. Game 7, ALCS, 2003. Sawx fans spent 5 innings tempting fate, and got theirs. Was in the upper deck in left, so other than the crowd reaction, didn't know right way if it was gone.

3. Game 6, ALCS 1998. Cone was shaky as hell. Thome hit a homer off him into the upper deck in rightfield that went so far so fast that the whole Stadium was too stunned to boo. And then Colon collapsed and Mendoza and Rivera took the pennant.

4. GAME 3, NLCS. The crowd was filing out when the Mets came back against Charlie Kerfeld(who at this moment is probably flipping burgers or pumping gas).

all of the 2001 world series, except for luis gonzalezs game winning, cheapest single in mlb history.

david justice jacking a 3 run HR off arhur rhodes in the ALCS a few years ago. I think it was 2000

going to yankee stadium in the last game of the 1998 regular season. irabu was pitching, yankees smoked the drays.

The greatest baseball moments I saw are:

-Winning the WS.

-Yankees choking in the ALCS.

-Health Pedro decimating the Yankees on 1 hit with 17Ks.

-Pedro's 6 inning no hit relief with bum shoulder against the 1000 run scoring Indians in 99.

-Pedro beating Roger a week later in the ALCS.

-Pedro and Roger dueling for 9 innings. Trot smacks a two run homerun in the top of the 9th off Roger to win game.

-A few years back saw a double header here in KC and in the first game Manny asbsolutely crushed a ball.

I was there that nite ... LF Box Seats, slightly to the outfield side of the foul poll :wink:

I was in Section 39 with the Creatures before they really became the Bleacher Creatures. I used to sit out there all the time for about 10 years.

1. Game 6 of the 96 WS ... the clincher and the drought breaker

2. Game 1 of the 98 WS ... Yanks comeback with 7 Runs in the 7th inning {3 Run HR for Knobby followed by a Grand Slam for the Bam-Tino}

3. The 15 inning ALDS Classic verses Seattle in 95 ... Leyritz wins it with a walkoff HR in the bottom of the 15th after Sierra tied it with a HR in the bottom of the 9th

I was at all three ... those are my three best in that order

There are more ... I was at a number of post season games since 95

for Live games, i was at some Cubs games (august 25 and 26th) and saw Maddox and Prior pitch, and saw Steroid Sammy hit a HR. Beltran, Bagwell and Pisshands (alou) also hit HRs on those games.

for games i watched on tv, being a Yankees fan, i could pick quite a few moments :mrgreen:

i guess winning the 98 world series was the best because the yankees won 1000000 games that season

Best game I've ever attended was Giants/Blue Jays last season.

It wins by default due to it being the only one I've ever attended. Amazing that I live an hour and a half from a Cubs' division rival, yet I've only been to a game in Frisco. Go figure.

1- 2003 ALDS Marlins vs. Giants. Sat in upper deck to the right of right field foul pole. 65,000 bandwagon fans showed up for the game and filled Pro Player Stadium. Marlins play solid ball for most of the game and take what I believe was a 7-5 lead into the ninth before Giants add a run and a JT Snow at second to make it 7-6. Next batter hits a single into left and Snow is rounding third heading for home. Conine scoops the ball and fires to home. Pudge gets the ball a second before Snow runs him over like a train. Pudge gets up and throws his fist in the air with the ball and the whole f'ing place went absolutely berserk. Best of all, I brought my video camera with me that game so i have most of the game including that play on tape. Made me a Pudge fan so you can imagine how pumped I was when he signed with Detroit not too long after 03. I'm a die-hard Tigers fan, but that's still the grestest baseball game I've witnessed.

2)Same game as GOB. Whitaker rips a bottom 9 fastball opo into the right field upper deck and it became "flying water bottle" at Tiger Stadium.

3)

1990- Detroit vs. Cleveland. My very first Tiger game when I was 6. Frank Tanana is pitching against the Tribe and proceeds to plunk Sandy Alomar Jr. Alomar Jr. charges the mound and karate kicks Tanana and before you know it there is a pile of Indian and Tiger players on the pitching mounds. Not bad for a kid's first game. Got me started on my love affair with baseball.

OK... i HATE the red sawx's so i hate to pick a non- yanks moment but when that ball went between poor billy buckner's legs.. LOL.. i was in a room of 10 sawx fans and theyh were gloating and giving me lots of crap.. i have never seen 10 people sober up that quickly in my entire life.. LOL

Archived