Seahawks sell out season tickets

Seahawks | Seahawks reach season ticket sales goal

Thu, 8 Jun 2006 21:07:53 -0700

Mike Kahn, of Seahawks.com, reports the Seattle Seahawks have sold a franchise record 61,000 season tickets including 19,000 season ticket packages and announced a waiting list of 2,000. The team has ended season tickets for this season.

Now I know you're thinking "Why the hell is he posting this?". Well, look at the numbers. 2,000 people on the waiting list!? That's it! Are you ****ting me? I'm sure of you or somebody has been on the list for 10-15-20 years before they got there's. Wow. Imagine if we were all Seahawk fans.

Well, look at the numbers. 2,000 people on the waiting list!? That's it! Are you ****ting me? I'm sure of you or somebody has been on the list for 10-15-20 years before they got there's. Wow. Imagine if we were all Seahawk fans.

Dude, next time you make a stupid post, your might want to compare the poplution base of Seattle to the population base of greater New York.

You just might learn some interesting facts.

Dude, next time you make a stupid post, your might want to compare the poplution base of Seattle to the population base of greater New York.

:eek:

damn...youre on fire today...lol

You've got to be kidding me.

Seattle is a city. Any city will have a lot of people. The entire state of Washington has 1 football team, New York has 3, 2 close to the city.

Get over yourself man!

Seattle has a lot of people, just shows that their no loyalty there.

:eek:

damn...youre on fire today...lol

New York population: 8,085,742

Seattle population: 569,101

New York has 14.2 times the number of people than Seattle

Jets season ticket waiting list: 50,000

Seahawks season waiting list: 5,000

Jets season ticket waiting list is only 10 times greater than the Seahawks.

Conclusion: Based on population opportunities, the Seahawks have a greater percent of their population fan base on a waiting list tehn do the Jets.

Hey 124, how friggn' stupid do you feel now?:eek:

Seattle has a lot of people, just shows that their no loyalty there.[

You are digging yourself deeper into stupidity.

Read my above post where I presented the "facts".

The Seahawks loyalty is greater than the Jets based on opportunity.

Feeling like a dumbass yet, 124?

Conclusion: Based on population opportunities, the Seahawks have a greater percent of their population fan base on a waiting list tehn do the Jets.

Not so fast.

- 2 teams in NYC so divide by 2

- 10x the things to do in NYC so factor that in.

- Factor in race and economics (Seattle has a higher income rate because of lower population).

Conclusion: Not enough facts (or thought) to make your conclussion.

BZ

Where did the 5,000 come from? The article states 2,000.

Not so fast.

- 2 teams in NYC so divide by 2

- 10x the things to do in NYC so factor that in.

- Factor in race and economics (Seattle has a higher income rate because of lower population).

Conclusion: Not enough facts (or thought) to make your conclussion.

BZ

And don't forget to factor in all the tree huggers in Seattle.

They boycott football because the footballs are made out of leather.

That should easily cut the population base in half.;)

The Wait list aint going to grow. The local support is not very good most of the time. With their 1 fluke superbowl berth, there are alot of residents here jumping on the bandwagon.

Everywhere I look right now I see people wearing Seahag crap. Its really enough to make me puke!!!

Totally misleading numbers. What do you do for a living, Tex? Sell dusters, uh, I mean oil wells?

Seattle can potentially draw fans from all over WA state and even British Columbia.

The de facto population is more like 1.2 million.

Re-count your beans and get back to us. Okay? Ok.

A lot of teams don't even sell out the games, let alone season tickets. The NFL is HUGE in our area. In the south, College Football is king.

Just look at Jacksonville. They still have not sold out their season tickets & the've been to the AFC Championship game!

Don't forget San Diego...

And Arizona, they just met their Season ticket waiting list - This Year!

Plus, if you really want to know how much the tri state area loves our teams, just look to the southern portion of the AFC EAST - the Dolphins.

No waiting list & they have to force their fans to take 3 games in packages - just to get OUR GAME!

And if Tex realling understood what you were trying to state, he would understand that it is just a view that the NFL is not as popular on the season ticket scale as it is in viewership.

In San Diego, Seattle & Jacksonville - there is a fan base. However, no one can afford the tickets because the average fan is predominantly lower middle class.

In larger populations, there is more diversity & therefore more money available for a team to draw a middle to upper middle class client and that's why we have a higher waiting list number...

It's all sumantics...

Dolphins don't have a waiting list either...in fact, I get a call after every season if I would like to purchase season tickets. I tell them I already am a season ticket holder and the conversation goes like this..."But, we don't see you on our list" and my reply is..."I am Jets season ticket holder"...:Nuts::cool:

Psssst, it wasn't even called the Super Bowl way back then.;)

oh no tex please..I just saw a long argument with you about this somewhere else..you really love being a troll dont you..

an anonymous jetnation poster :rolleyes:

Dolphins don't have a waiting list either...in fact, I get a call after every season if I would like to purchase season tickets. I tell them I already am a season ticket holder and the conversation goes like this..."But, we don't see you on our list" and my reply is..."I am Jets season ticket holder"...:Nuts::cool:

POTW NOM!

Archived