jets offer for branch rejected

johnny green balls

It's a brilliant move by Tannenbaum...either we get Branch which would let us trade JMac and give us a solid 1-2 combo at WR again...or it creates a rift in the pats, with some players siding with Branch and wondering why he didn't get his money...as well as keeping Branch in the mindset that he deserves that kind of money so he won't take less and thus stay out causing a big distraction for the first bit of the season.

Either way it's a victory with us, like shooting a diseased body over the ramparts of an enemies castle...if we can get them from the outside we'll get em from the inside.

It's a brilliant move by Tannenbaum...either we get Branch which would let us trade JMac and give us a solid 1-2 combo at WR again...or it creates a rift in the pats, with some players siding with Branch and wondering why he didn't get his money...as well as keeping Branch in the mindset that he deserves that kind of money so he won't take less and thus stay out causing a big distraction for the first bit of the season.

Either way it's a victory with us, like shooting a diseased body over the ramparts of an enemies castle...if we can get them from the outside we'll get em from the inside.

This is the POTW! So true. Great move on the Jets part. Great move!

I wish the Jets got branch, then they would have coles and branch on the sides, and sometimes cochtery.... maybe we'll be seeing another trade offer soon for another wide reciver

What was Stallworth just traded for? A 3rd rd pick?

Maybe we can get Jerry Porter from the Raiders for a 3rd rd pick or less if they're still looking to unload him. Whats the latest with him, has he even played in preseason yet?

What was Stallworth just traded for? A 3rd rd pick?

Maybe we can get Jerry Porter from the Raiders for a 3rd rd pick or less if they're still looking to unload him. Whats the latest with him, has he even played in preseason yet?

He played in the last one. Id give the Raiders a 3rd for Porter right now. Maybe we can ask for lamont Jordan back!

Branch should sit the first 10 games.Play the last 6 and walk away a UFA and get his money elsewhere.

Walk away?

The Patriots still have the option to franchise.

The Patriots know what the market will bear for Deoin.

He knows the Patriots offer will not match that, but they hold the option to franchise which means Deoin does not see a signing bonus.

Seeing both offers for Branch were 6 yrs 36-39 million with 13 million in up front $$$ are, coincidently, almost half what the Patriots offer (3yrs-18+ with 8 million spread over the first year of it) you would think they are talking in the same ball park.

Which goes back to my original point, Deoin needs to get rid of him. Deoin stands a better chance of earning all his Patriot money, plus whatever bonuses are included and then hitting FA again at the age of 29/30 and maybe scoring another contract. As oppossed to maybe making his 4th or 5th year before being cut if he does not re-work. Take the Patriots money. Put a you cannot franchise clause in it and become a FA in 2010.

You jus can't hate BB F'n with the Jets once again.;)

Scratch that, reverse it.

It looked like Branch was ready to break down and rejoin the team before the Jets threw their wrench into the works. Now it just looks like it'll be a while before Branch plays football at all. That's really not the Jets' loss.

umm I think you got that backwards friend. we've raised the bar without having to pay a dime

I was thinking that.

Offer them the lower of the two seconds to force a "No" and you have set a bar in the range the team said it would not pay.

Good move if that was their motive.

I was thinking that.

Offer them the lower of the two seconds to force a "No" and you have set a bar in the range the team said it would not pay.

Good move if that was their motive.

could it be the jets front office now has a thought process working for them? naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Do you folks seriously think the Pats would let him go to the Jets? C'mon....it would have to have been an offer that blew them away - like a first and Hobson or something. Mangini is not dumb.

Rumor has it that the Pats, Seattle and the Branch camp are still talking.

Do you folks seriously think the Pats would let him go to the Jets? C'mon....it would have to have been an offer that blew them away - like a first and Hobson or something. Mangini is not dumb.

Rumor has it that the Pats, Seattle and the Branch camp are still talking.

no garb but i think we did a great job in throwin a wrench in belly's masterplan

no garb but i think we did a great job in throwin a wrench in belly's masterplan

Maybe. But I truly believe Branch was going to sit out the 10 games regardless.

I don't get it. Wouldn't Branch be better served by playing out his contract? He's guaranteed to get paid NEXT YEAR. He could go to the open market or he could be tagged. Either way, he gets PAID. So, instead he gets nothing for ten games and accumulates some heavy fines (that may or may not be enforced). This perplexes me - about all atheletes actually - they get paid well, they want to be paid better, and always use the "have to do what is best for my family" and the "I need to feed my family" line. How is making nothing helping your family?

Archived