124's Blog...

Good job, Joe!

Looking at your picture, I just thought of that time Alk said to you "would your face shatter into a thousand fragments if you smiled". :rl:

Seriously, just keep doing what you're doing, and you'll be fine. Get an Associate degree in Liberal Arts and you'll be able to transfer 66 credits to a 4 year university. ;)

I'm looking at William Paterson for my masters.

• 2 weeks later...
Nice job 124! When you become a Jets beat writer, will you remember us at JN and invite all the members to the press box?

Yes and I will beat Tyson at pong during the game while watching the game and writing the article as we go along.:P

Okay well as an addition to the other thread there is the Jet-Titan recap, My Week 1 Top 10 Power Rankings and this week's preview to Jets-Patriots.

Enjoy & give feedback as always guys.:Typotux:

Thanks,

-Joe (124)

Good read bro. Try shorter paragraphs. A lot of people have a short attention span and you'll make it easier for them to remain engaged.

http://jets124.blogspot.com/

I'm going to start doing a blog and doing some articles weekly on here. I'm hoping to do up to 3-4 a week...anything will help with my career goal of becoming a Jets beat writer.

Hey dude, good stuff, good luck!

You may want to buy a book or two or research blogging to get the idea of how to get eyeballs to the site, things like trackbacks and links to other blogs. The first step is original content, and you are already on your way with that, good luck dude!

Guys, feel free to be critical. If it sucks, post it there or here. If it's good, post it here or there. Don't be shy, I can take it. All I ask for is please no sarcasm because this is something I really am serious about.

Week 2 game review & Week 2 Top 10 Power Rankings just wrote today.

Check it out:

http://jets124.blogspot.com/

Thanks,

-Joe

Nice work, I think you actually took my advice on the shorter paragraphs and the result is that it definitely reads very smoothly. I can't be critical this week because I found it to be well done.

BTW, Cannizziro came by 16G and did an ice luge shot poured by one of the Score's girls. He is a large man.

It is a good recap, but if you want hits and exposure you have to find something that makes your writing better than the next guy.

Try to find a niche that makes your writing stand out, in other words try to locate your own personal voice, a distinct style of writing that is only yours.

For instance, deadspin.com

The writing is witty and follows the rules of journalism at the same time. That is an example of having an individual voice.

raffy, I'm really sorry I missed it. PM me your cell # and I'll be there next game. I promise.

Dire, yeah I'm trying, thanks for words though, I'm still trying to figure out my own unique style cause I can do two different pieces and now I just have to put them into one.

Oh and BTW raffy, yes I did take your advice on the shorter paragraphs.

Archived