GOB's Open Letter of Atonement to Chad Pennington

The Gun Of Bavaria

Dear Chad Pennington,

I write this thread as an open letter of apology to you and your wife for my actions, words, lack of faith and loyalty I have displayed towards you for the past two seasons.

It is only after successfully dealing with my own personal demons and significant issues affecting my life over the past two years that I realize just how completely wrong I have been about you.

When I should have been supporting you, I was bashing you. When I should have been loyal and believed in you, I threw you to the dogs and looked elsewhere for salvation. What you have managed to do in just two short weeks after two straight years of heartbreak and struggle speaks volumes about you not only as a Quarterback, but as to your character.

Most people, when faced with such adversity, disappointment, and downright bad luck would have long since quit given the types of challenges you faced while battling against two major shoulder surgeries and the constant threat of your dream and career as a professional football player. Instead of giving up and taking the easy way out, or letting the naysayers like my former self be right, you continued to fight through it, dedicated your life to the team and recovered in a manner no one even could have expected.

When it came to the team and the salary cap problems related to your contract, you worked it out when others around the league may have fought against such action. When you came into camp no longer the 'favorite' to win the job and in essence, reentering an open audition, you didn't blink an eye. Now in something none of us ever could have expected, you've shown us a return of the Chad Pennington we all fell in love with in 2002. You honestly have returned to a point I thought was no longer possible in your career. Like many of my previous opinions on you, I was wrong.

Forgive me for doubting you. I wish you the best of luck in all future endeavors and always know that from this point on, I will never doubt you.

G.O.B.

Dear Chad Pennington,

I write this thread as an open letter of apology to you and your wife for my actions, words, lack of faith and loyalty I have displayed towards you for the past two seasons.

It is only after successfully dealing with my own personal demons and significant issues affecting my life over the past two years that I realize just how completely wrong I have been about you.

When I should have been supporting you, I was bashing you. When I should have been loyal and believed in you, I threw you to the dogs and looked elsewhere for salvation. What you have managed to do in just two short weeks after two straight years of heartbreak and struggle speaks volumes about you not only as a Quarterback, but as to your character.

Most people, when faced with such adversity, disappointment, and downright bad luck would have long since quit given the types of challenges you faced while battling against two major shoulder surgeries and the constant threat of your dream and career as a professional football player. Instead of giving up and taking the easy way out, or letting the naysayers like my former self be right, you continued to fight through it, dedicated your life to the team and recovered in a manner no one even could have expected.

When it came to the team and the salary cap problems related to your contract, you worked it out when others around the league may have fought against such action. When you came into camp no longer the 'favorite' to win the job and in essence, reentering an open audition, you didn't blink an eye. Now in something none of us ever could have expected, you've shown us a return of the Chad Pennington we all fell in love with in 2002. You honestly have returned to a point I thought was no longer possible in your career. Like many of my previous opinions on you, I was wrong.

Forgive me for doubting you. I wish you the best of luck in all future endeavors and always know that from this point on, I will never doubt you.

G.O.B.

For the love of mercy, now we have GOB on the delusional PennyBoy bandwagon.

Since when are NFL seasons just 2 games long?:eek:

You couldn't wait to see if he can play in 16 games, consistently perform like he did the first two weeks, and more importantly, lead the Jets to some clutch wins in the playoffs (WC game doesn't count) before annointing him some savior?.

Pat, you are the last guy I thought would ever be snookered after just two games.

I never questioned Chads character, but I still question his ability to stay healthy and be a good QB. I wanna see him lead this team to a victory over a good team, and win 90% of all the gimme games.

Who knows, maybe we could get a good draft pick for Chad after this season if he does well.

BZ,

GOB's post was more fluff than you have thrown up the last 3 years.;)

And to think all 3,000 posts wasted. :(

It is ok TX, I know your panties are all in a bunch, but you still have D-rob and Nugent. There will always be someone for you to bash with your two liners.

Hang tight.

BZ

You couldn't wait to see if he can play in 16 games, consistently perform like he did the first two weeks, and more importantly, lead the Jets to some clutch wins in the playoffs (WC game doesn't count) before annointing him some savior?.

Pat, you are the last guy I thought would ever be snookered after just two games.

Once again you totally missed the point, which is not surprising since he was speaking to the man's willpower and heart - 2 things I doubt you know anything about. Had the same happened to you I have no doubt that you wouldn't have even tried to come back from the first one. Just stayed at home on your porch swing collecting disability checks.

No one is questioning Chad's character and heart

Only his ability and his penchant for getting hurt every year.

Much too early for Kudo's last i looked we were 1-1 and one of wins was vs

a terrible t!ts team abd we played lousy for 1 half vs Chowds. If he brings this team to playoffs or the brink of playoffs then GOB should throw him a party and invite Garbie and Tex.

Also Both of the TDs were somewhat Fluky and were the result of terrible tackling by a poor pats secondary and not from great passes.

LOL....NEW RULES: Wild Card Games do not count as play-off games.

Once again you totally missed the point, which is not surprising since he was speaking to the man's willpower and heart - 2 things I doubt you know anything about. Had the same happened to you I have no doubt that you wouldn't have even tried to come back from the first one. Just stayed at home on your porch swing collecting disability checks.

I've said this many time to you guys but you don't get it.

He lives in a basement and he collects disability checks for physcological

problems. What heart? He's a lab experiment in Max's basement.

I've said this many time to you guys but you don't get it.

He lives in a basement and he collects disability checks for physcological

problems. What heart? He's a lab experiment in Max's basement.

Hey donkey man, you really want to start up again?

I have been very cordial to you the last few weeks.

Let me know what direction you would like to go.;)

Alright, before any of that b.s. continues, why dont you both respond to this?

This is the first time Mangini and Jauron will coach their teams against each other, and the first time the fans will see the opposing staff against their own new staff.

So, this is a new matchup, and perhaps more difficult to predict.

No one is questioning Chad's character and heart

Only his ability and his penchant for getting hurt every year.

Much too early for Kudo's last i looked we were 1-1 and one of wins was vs

a terrible t!ts team abd we played lousy for 1 half vs Chowds. If he brings this team to playoffs or the brink of playoffs then GOB should throw him a party and invite Garbie and Tex.

Also Both of the TDs were somewhat Fluky and were the result of terrible tackling by a poor pats secondary and not from great passes.

Even though assmop makes outlandish predictions (what happened with your guarantee last week?;) ), he does have a a keen sense to stay objective.

As for GOB's party, I'll pass on that one.

I've dealt with the 14-year old girls on another board.

And I don't think that would be Garb's cup of tea either, but I could be wrong on that one.;)

Alright, before any of that b.s. continues, why dont you both respond to this?

This is the first time Mangini and Jauron will coach their teams against each other, and the first time the fans will see the opposing staff against their own new staff.

So, this is a new matchup, and perhaps more difficult to predict.

Discuss

GO to Oprah....Go to Oprah

I think the content is better suited for Jerry Springer :P but I certainly hear where GOB is coming from.

I've never uttered anything but the highest praise available for Chad Pennington the person.

I mean, the guy has:

• Been the first to arrive and the last to leave from day 1
  • Played injured without any hesitation or commentary
  • 100% supported the Jets staff and players in any way he could
  • Offered to give back a buttload of money if it was proven he couldn't earn it

What the hell more could you ask of a player or team mate?

My only issue with him was he didn't make the throws consistantly enough and didn't seem capable of throwing deep or crisp enough to keep opposing D's from cheating in - thereby under-utilizing our receiving corps and stunting any kind of vertical offense.

That was then this is now. I don't know all that happened but I do believe Chad Pennington worked as hard as any human could to rehab his wing and prepare for his comeback - but something changed upstairs too. We have a quarterback that I never saw before the Tennessee game. Don't know how long we'll have him but we have him today and thats all I care about.

Rock and Roll CP! You d'man!

The bandwagon grows? My opinion, taking into consideration Jets miserable history, Penny will get hurt the minute the vast majority of us are believers. I'll remain skeptical if only to prevent the jinx, oh and I can't get past the idea that somehow 2 games cancel out 3 injury riddled and mediocre seasons...

The bandwagon grows? My opinion, taking into consideration Jets miserable history, Penny will get hurt the minute the vast majority of us are believers. I'll remain skeptical if only to prevent the jinx, oh and I can't get past the idea that somehow 2 games cancel out 3 injury riddled and mediocre seasons...

Chan,

PennyBoy took some unbleivable shots in the first two games.

After each one, he got back up an went to the huddle.

Even a delusional Pats fan has to give the guy credit for his first two week's performance.;)

My point is, the NFL season is not 2 games long, it is 16.

For crying out loud.

We finnally have some objectivity on the board?:eek:

Penny didnt take a pay cut for the good of ther team...he took one so he didnt end up 3rd string in Tampa making the minimum.

I'm a real big fan of Chad, but I'm not a believer just yet.

That being said....

His commitment to build his lower body is obvious. He's no dummy and recognized that his weak arm would remain weak if he didn't build up his trunk and legs. Look at film and/or pictures of seasons past and you'll see the difference. It's not dramatic...but it's there.

Chad's play has improved because of the coaching. He's smart...football smart. If the team can avoid a nose dive I just get the feeling that he'll keep improving and float less and less passes. Maybe Eric and Shcott have the balls Herm and Co. didnt to say, "Listen, you gotta show some zip on the throw in that situation."

This opinion is based on only two lousy games. I won't make a silly predicition on Chad's renaissance, but smart play calling and Chad's professionalism will keep the team in games and maybe....just maybe...approach 9-7.

Archived