What the Colts do best: WHINE!

Garb

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing Tony Dungy knows about offense is to stay the hell out of the way. The most overrated coach in the NFL by a bunch. Basically Colts brought him in to be a figurehead and make chicken salad out of their defense-and pointedly to stay the hell away from their Tom Moore and Manning's offense. Access equals good press. He coddles the press like his accolyte Hermie, but he's never won anything, and that's with oodles of talent. Worse, he had a Bucs team quit on him in a playoff game in 2001, which is simply inexusable.

And let me say this, now that time has passed-his son's my space account, shown everywhere after his death, doesn't exactly speak of Dungy being such a wonderful guy. While you can mourn James Dungy's death, you have to wonder about what kind of hosuehold Tony Dungy runs if he son had such hateful views as so expressed. Now, good parents sometimes get stuck with rotten kids and you cannot control every aspect of your children's lives.And coaching in the NFL must be tough on a family.It could even be said that some of the best coaches-Bellichick, Lombardi, Parcells-are not necessarily great family-oriented people. But suffice to say that raises some issues about Dungy's whole "wonderful human being" act. And I suspect it's just that-a crafted media-friendly persona.

The "rules" comment bespeaks a guy who usually gets his way with the NFL. Susepct that under Taglibue Dungy and Edwards had a big-time connection with the NFL front office. I'd note that I haven't heard Mangini bitch even a bit over that horsespit PI call vs. Miller.And he had much of a right to do so that DUngy does.

You really think CuMart would help?

He wouldn't. Curtis' cuts aren't really effective until he's past the LOS. We need a back that can make moves from the backfield or punish the faster defenders that beat our run-blockers (which happens too often), and that is not Curtis' forte. I feel bad saying it, but not even Curtis would be able to mask our rushing deficiences.

I would be shocked if anyone besides Colts fans like this douchebag. Hell, I'd be ashamed even if I were a Colts fan. By the end of the season I expect Dungy to demand that every opponent call it's plays in to the Colts sideline before they call them in to their own QB.

I wouldn't, the media and casual fans just love everything about the Colts. It pisses me off. I admit, I root for you guys to knock off the Colts every year, when I know we're not going to get there ourselves. But this year...I really hope we get Indy in the first round. I expect us to be much improved, and I just want to stick it to small time.

I hate the Colts because each and every year they're over-rated. This team has proved nothing except that they are choke artists in the playoffs but every single season they are predicted to win the AFC or even the Super Bowl in at least a couple of prediction magazines. Like, seriously, what the hell? What the **** has Peyton Manning proved in the playoffs? NOTHING. What has that defense proved in the playoffs? NOTHING. And you can go on & on & on. F the Colts. The only time I root for Indy is when they're playing Miami & New England.

What has that defense proved in the playoffs? NOTHING.

In their last three playoff losses, the D has given up 24, 20 and 21 respectively.

Not exactly the Ravens of 2000 or the Bears of 1986, but it should have been good enough for Peyton to get the job done at least once.

His numbers: 72-127 765 yards 2 TDs 5 INTs 63.3 rating

He does not get the job done.

I'm not a big Colts fan either, but they are one of three undefeated teams. Three. Who is better? Baltimore? Chicago? Sure they have better defenses, but Grossman and McNair still have things to prove as well. Steelers have sucked, Chargers and Bengals have laid eggs. Are you guys ready to admit the Pats are the class of the AFC? Colts are super bowl contenders every year. You have to be the favorite to choke in the playoffs and they choke in the playoffs. How many times have they missed the playoffs since Peyton got there?

Play I saw Dungy whining about was when the db was trying to get off the field (with a little limp) and wasn't going to make it, so he dropped to the floor like he was shot. Refs didn't fall for it and I think Colts were charged a timeout. Poor baby doesn't know how to slow the no-huddle.

I'm sure Manning would've said "whoa whoa whoa...hey now. That Erik Coleman guy is hopping off the field. Take it easy boys - let's give him time to get off the field & then we'll call a play. Otherwise they could get flagged for a penalty & I'd rather lose the entire game than win by taking advantage of existing rules...ok guys, he's off; we can play now. Hut-Hut--Hike!"

I'm sure that's exactly what would've happened.

I'm sure Manning would've said "whoa whoa whoa...hey now. That Erik Coleman guy is hopping off the field. Take it easy boys - let's give him time to get off the field & then we'll call a play. Otherwise they could get flagged for a penalty & I'd rather lose the entire game than win by taking advantage of existing rules...ok guys, he's off; we can play now. Hut-Hut--Hike!"

I'm sure that's exactly what would've happened.

Not sure if this is a response to my post. I also think the Colts are whining pu$$ies. I was laughing that they were trying unsuccessfully to slow the no-huddle. We've been having trouble doing that since at least the K-gun. I just think to act like they are a crap team because they fail in the playoffs is not realistic. They consistently have a top regular season record.

I would be shocked if anyone besides Colts fans like this douchebag. Hell, I'd be ashamed even if I were a Colts fan. By the end of the season I expect Dungy to demand that every opponent call it's plays in to the Colts sideline before they call them in to their own QB.

Us Jaguars fans have been saying that for years. If they do lose or come close to losing, there's always an excuse. They benefit from most of the close calls and it's clear that the NFL would like nothing more than to see the Colts in the Super Bowl. Too bad it won't happen.

Not sure if this is a response to my post. I also think the Colts are whining pu$$ies. I was laughing that they were trying unsuccessfully to slow the no-huddle. We've been having trouble doing that since at least the K-gun. I just think to act like they are a crap team because they fail in the playoffs is not realistic. They consistently have a top regular season record.

They have a top record because they keep getting easy regular seasons. Take a look at their past few schedules.

I think it is realistic to say that since they always lose in the playoffs, they will consistenly lose in the playoffs and can't be a top team. The top 5 teams are those that have realistic shots at winning the SB any given year. The colts are never a realistic SB contender. I think McNair has proven more already, he seems to execute in the clutch, and does more with less. Getting the same decent level of play against top defenses and against weak defenses, in my book, means you are a better player that someone that does great against weak defenses and awful against top ones. That's why I think you have to look beyond the stats. Manning is a statistics guy. Sort of like Marbury, and A-rod.

They have a top record because they keep getting easy regular seasons. Take a look at their past few schedules.

I think it is realistic to say that since they always lose in the playoffs, they will consistenly lose in the playoffs and can't be a top team. The top 5 teams are those that have realistic shots at winning the SB any given year. The colts are never a realistic SB contender. I think McNair has proven more already, he seems to execute in the clutch, and does more with less. Getting the same decent level of play against top defenses and against weak defenses, in my book, means you are a better player that someone that does great against weak defenses and awful against top ones. That's why I think you have to look beyond the stats. Manning is a statistics guy. Sort of like Marbury, and A-rod.

If you think the Colts offense has only performed "decently" over the years you are way off. McNair is nothing compared to Manning. I understand not liking them for the Super Bowl, but they are always in the playoffs - therefore always a contender. Compare him to A-Rod sure, but not Marbury. I don't think that Manning is a poison that doesn't allow his teammates to play up to their abilities.

Since the Jets ripped the Colts in '02, they are 3-3 in the playoffs. The 3 losses came to the eventually super bowl champ.

Manning will always be the never win the big one type of great QB and be that till he proves the league otherwise.And until he does we should look at him as just that a better than average QB.

Draft your team now. All players available- for real, not fantasy. Tell me what QB you pick over Manning. Brady? Maybe. Who else?

Dungy is equally as dumb as Herm, especially when it comes to understanding a rule book.

Eli and Peyton's father was a loser just like thy are. I hope he is proud.

Hey they are best friends you know. The fly is always attracted to the ****! But whos what?

Eli and Peyton's father was a loser just like thy are. I hope he is proud.

Archie Manning played pre-free agency. He had no choice but to lose with the Saints. Put him on a real team and he'd have been a monster.

Brad Smith!! Thank you very much! Remember that name! I told you so!

Great draft philosophy. Guess you have no problem with Schlegel in the 3rd. ;)

Manning will always be the never win the big one type of great QB and be that till he proves the league otherwise.And until he does we should look at him as just that a better than average QB.

Manning = Marino.

I think that pretty much sums it up.

Archie Manning played pre-free agency. He had no choice but to lose with the Saints. Put him on a real team and he'd have been a monster.

Sounds like Peyton's excuses for never winning the big one either.

There were lots of QB's that made their team better pre free agency. Little Archie just wasn't good enough to be one of them.

Sounds like Peyton's excuses for never winning the big one either.

There were lots of QB's that made their team better pre free agency. Little Archie just wasn't good enough to be one of them.

Archie Manning isn't the only qb that "didn't make the Saints better." He's just the best one. The Saints were one of the most inept franchises ever. Which QBs in that era made their teams better? Griese? Starr? Staubach? Bradshaw? Stabler? Dawson? Give me a break. I don't think you have a concept of the "good old days."

Archie Manning isn't the only qb that "didn't make the Saints better." He's just the best one. The Saints were one of the most inept franchises ever. Which QBs in that era made their teams better? Griese? Starr? Staubach? Bradshaw? Stabler? Dawson? Give me a break. I don't think you have a concept of the "good old days."

IDK maybe Namath? Staubach was a good one too, Jaws? I don't have the time to research ALL of the QB's of that era that were on average to bad teams and made them good to great - but those are just a few.

Obviosly you are the on who lacks a "concept".

IDK maybe Namath? Staubach was a good one too, Jaws? I don't have the time to research ALL of the QB's of that era that were on average to bad teams and made them good to great - but those are just a few.

Obviosly you are the on who lacks a "concept".

I'll give you Namath, but the Jets weren't exactly a bunch of stiffs. Jaws? He made that team great? Give me a break. They had Carmichael and Wilbert Montgomery. Their big improvement came with Montgomery, not Jaws. The Cowboys, like the Steelers were a team of hall of famers. Staubach just orchestrated the super stars-stick him on the Saints and his career would have been half as long and he'd never have sniffed the playoffs. Jeter makes the guys around him better, but put him on the D-Rays, how many playoff games you think he'd have won? The Saints were an awful team with awful coaching. Archie never had a chance.

You bring up one friggn' game 4 years ago?:eek:

Get in the real world.

That is the real world. When else have we played them in the playoffs? When is the last time the Patriots won the Super Bowl? Should we stop considering them SB winners after a few years? It happened, it's in the record books, and it gives a certain prediction for the future as well. Small Time has run up quite a few other trends.

Archived