Don't look now but it's POTW - October 18th, 2006

GreenBeans

Welcome to this edition of POTW from beautiful downtown Chapel Hill, North Carolina.

While not a mecca for football (although the 'heels did start Matt Baker at QB last year), we sure can make a mean BBQ (it's a southern food - not the grill you cook with) and we have the best NCAA basketball in the land. Add to that a 3-3 record for the Jets and this legume is one happy bean. Anyway, I digress...

There were a nice little crop of entries this week, so let's just go right to the good stuff:

-----

Originally Posted by afosomf

Chad's lack of ability puts a cramp on everything, opposing D's just box us in,

which makes running the ball very difficult and his short passing game is just not effective.

-----

Originally Posted by Jetman67

I have discussions with a Chowd Every day!!

Originally Posted by Alk

And it goes something like this. "Yes dear...yes...yes dear. The Patriots are the greatest team in the NFL. Yes...I would love to wear that Seahawks speedo for you...and the Patriots cheerleader outfit."

(Editor's Note: POWNED!)

-----

Originally Posted by TaborJet

Maybe you can make one up for our dear friend PatsfanTx.

Guy's been here since day one, has a zillion posts, and has no avatar.

Originally Posted by SoFlaJets

yea maybe a diamond crusted ass hole would work...

-----

Originally Posted by PatsFanTX

WTF?

First of all you say my predictions suck and now you just gave Carol King a POTW nomination.

-----

Max, is it that time of the month already?

Originally Posted by Max

I didn't think you would respond because I spoke football and you couldn't knock what I said.

Instead you went the potty mouth route. Which I am okay with btw. So to answer your question: I am not sure. What color are your lips right now?

Gotta puke now.

-----

Originally Posted by greengal

it is interesting how when some male poster doesnt like what another male poster says...it is aa reference to a woman's menstrual cycle...

funny cause the women here are a lot more level heaaded then the vaast majority of the men.

we caan take a joke and not go whinning to the powers that be...

we take it and we give it out... can the same be said for all you Y chromosomes?

by the way...anyone haave any candy corn?

-----

Originally Posted by afosomf

what the F would Moss want to come to Jets for

to catch a 3 yd swing pass and get crushed by LB's???

-----

(Topic: LetsTalkJets.net)

Originally Posted by 124

My friend Joe and I (he has season tickets in 220 and is in college as well) have started up this website and are seriously going along with it pretty well in the last few weeks. If you have any time to do so, please check it out. I will be doing the Report Card for here, LTJ.net & my school newspaper as well as articles for the school newspaper and LTJ.net. I will also contribute a few here as well. Please check it out and give us feed-back, thanks!

Originally Posted by Boozer76

Is this the site you keep PM'ing me about and asking me to start posting at??

-----

Originally Posted by Max

Good luck on your new site. I wish you and the rest of the staff at ************.net well.

-----

Falcons | Abraham injured Week 6

Sun, 15 Oct 2006 22:29:45 -0700

AtlantaFalcons.com reports Atlanta Falcons DL John Abraham (groin) left the Week 6 game in the third quarter when his groin tightened up and he did not return.

Originally Posted by PeterNorth09

From the injury reports you'd think this guy has had more damage to his groin than John Wayne Bobbit.

-----

Posted by GimmeShelter

Mets went into Toronto and took the series this season.

Play-off baseball is about more than a fantasy line-up. Things like bullpen, chemistry, defense and leadership are required.

The threads initiated by Yankee fans after their abrupt dismissal prove that after 6 seasons of watching that model of Yankee baseball fail, most fans now get it.

By the way, if the Mets were in the AL don't you think Omar would have constructed the roster accordingly?

-----

Originally Posted by oktaren

who said he was an elite qb? no one in this thread. and you should know that it doesn't take elite qbs to win games, even sbs.

Originally Posted by Barton

You still need a QB with an arm strong enuff to play in the meadowlands in the winter and you still need a QB who can beat a tuff defense.

We have neither in case you havent noticed. These are FACTS, not opinions.

The winds in the northeast will never allow a chad pennington lead team to win a superbowl, unless he can find a way to build a dome.

has been right all along and I hate admitting it.

-----

(Topic Question for Bitonti)

Bit-who should we be looking at in the first 2 rounds with our top 3 picks? I know we need a RB and a pass rusher-any names-links?

Originally Posted by Sperm Edwards

And are there any DT's worth trading our first two picks and a 4th?

-----

The Runner-up of the Week Sponsored by PatsFanTX

Originally Posted by The Troll

Ignore Hobson's INT and forced fumble.

Vilma made a tackle, so we should all suck his dick.

Originally Posted by CrazyCarl40

Well if that's the rule, I should gotten a lot more head in high school.

-----

Originally Posted by Barton

Throw in some pretzels with those sardines and you got a deal!

inhan.jpg

:D

-----

Originally Posted by Dirtywater

That's what happens when you bond around 3 championships! :cheers:

Originally Posted by greengal

is that patsie-speak for "circle-jerk"?

-----

(Topic A-Rod's plane skids off runway)

Originally Posted by 80

Holy ****.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...cal&id=4658882

(California - WABC, October 13, 2006) - An airplane carrying Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez ran off a runway in Burbank, California Friday.

Officials say there were no injuries and that everyone, including A-Rod, is ok.

The plane apparently went past the end of the runway and got stuck in the mud there. Eyewitness News was in touch with Rodriguez, who said the plane landing was safe and that everyone is doing just fine.

Originally Posted by shawn306

How many people did he leave on the plane ?

-----

Originally Posted by crashingjet

It's plain as day. He's on cocaine. Crashing weight, mood swings a 41-0 loss to the Jags. Face it, Manginas first round pick is a bust, he should have traded up and gotten Bush. The Jets will never get it right. GO FINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Max

No No No. They should have traded for Culpepper and then benched him a few weeks into the season. That would have been awesome.

-----

(Topic - Let's Go Mets)

Originally Posted by i remember shea

by the way, does anybody know what the yankees did last night?

-----

Are you preaching morals? You aviator is of a movie character that smokes weed and drinks mudslides. If your willing to make him your aviator, you should not be allowed to stand on a padded pew. The Mcmichael story is old, he paid his debt to society and has kept his nose clean. He had 84 yards last week, worry about that, not an old news story. Dolphins dominate on Sunday. GO FINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by jetheelz

SouthernJet is one hell of an aviator.

-----

Originally Posted by DireJet38

hahahahahaahhaahahhahaha, did you just compare an avatar on a message board, in fantasy land to a real life assault of a woman (pregnant one time)?

GO FINNNNNNNNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-----

Why?

So you can live in your little delusional world and think the Jets are a good football team?

Why don't you like the actual "facts".?

Originally Posted by jets22

you are just pathetic, It is a shame that what is otherwise a very good site, is ruined by someone like you.

Originally Posted by blackout806

couldn't agree more

Originally Posted by The Troll

LOL, sure thing BaseballTX.

-----

Originally Posted by Sperm Edwards

Stupid Bradway.

Instead of Strait, we should've traded up to the 2nd-round to block NE from drafting Marquis Hill and the two tackles he's made over the past 37 games.

Why couldn't we have drafted a stud like him? Small point that this 2nd-round pick hasn't been on the active roster for 28 of the Pats' 37 games. He's a stud. A STUD I tell'ya.

-----

(Topic - Does Laveranues Coles want out of NY?)

It does'nt suprise me that Coles wants out of N.Y. Any player with any smarts knows that playing for the Jets means they'll never go to the Superbowl.

-----

Originally Posted by Max

Dude what's with all the hostility? I was just saying to someone how great Dan the Man was. And that he was so legendary. I haven't been following the game that long. So I figured I could catch up on history by starting this thread.

Which is your favorite Dan moment? The Drive? The Immaculate Reception? Oh wait I know. Dan's best moment came when he beat a 6 and 10 Jets team with the fake spike. Big game Dan. I like how he made a Hall Of Fame Coach like Shula look ordinary.

-----

(Topic - Will Rudy be at game?)

Originally Posted by SouthernJet

will rudy suck it up and go to Met game?

Originally Posted by Bob

Does Rudy watch minor league ball?

(Editior's Note - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA -Nice Bob!)

-----

Originally Posted by joewilly

your welcome . your mission of annoyance is going well thus far. I'm guessing you get a gold star when you get back to home base.

you're a week late with the crumbling, we did that last week. btw i'm comin up to miami for the fin jag game on dec 3rd. we should hook up & kick eachother in the nuts or somethiong.

seriously, how long you been a fin fan?

28 frustrating years. I'll be in section 417 wearing a cup and steel toed boots.

-----

Originally Posted by NJ

I always find it enlightening to review some of the local culture, such as one would find at the Cleveland Ballet. We must do some research prior to attending - any of the establishments featuring Ballerina's that I'm aware of are out by the airport and thats a little hike from the Flats and other concentrations of entertainment around the stadium. Perhaps our buddy Hooper can offer some recommendations. I'll do some research too as these typically aren't plans that want to get formulated when the "cry goes out" - so to speak. If we have multiple performances to choose from, my vote would be to take in one of the more "earthy" venues. The Ballerina's at these theaters usually put more heart into their work. This is what I have been told.

:getgreen:

-----

Originally Posted by Max

The chat that had been scheduled for tonight (Andrew Gross - Journal News) has been postponed. Sorry for the late notice, we will post the new date as soon as it has been rescheduled.

Originally Posted by joewilly

he'll be pissed if he shows up to the chatroom to find alk talking to himself saying stuff like psst

And the winner this week comes from the owner :

He was real impressive. The Jets were HUGE underdogs. They had Herm as a HC. Hackett as an O\C. Now before you dismiss those things -- Hackett left and could only get a QB Coach job. Herm -- well his KC team speaks for itself.

Anyway Chad had a torn rotator cuff in that game. And the Jets could not run the ball. He went out there anyway and put his team in position to win. Not once, twice.

Now to us it is all about winning the game. But you are the one who said Leinart looked so sexy in these losses. Maybe your standards are slipping. But the W is all that matters.

Huge underdogs, busted arm, terrible coaching staff, no running game, awesome defense, hostile crowd...those are the things that Chad went out and played against. When he should have been on the I.R. You can take shots at Chad if you want. But I am proud to root for him. That kid is all heart.

Say what you want about Pennington, but the guy as heart and guts galore. A noodle arm, perhaps, but he's one ballsy SOB. Good for Chad and good for Max for posting this for us all to remember. Chad may never win the Superbowl as the QB of the NYJ, but he's been a class kid his whole career.

That's all you guys wrote this week, so that's all I've got. Be postin', be nominating, and be well.

GB

he'll be pissed if he shows up to the chatroom to find alk talking to himself saying stuff like psst

How did I miss this one? :) I'll have you know that I'm never by myself in the chatroom. There's always at least one other person as bored as me in there and no his name isn't Reggie Ray.

How did I miss this one? :) I'll have you know that I'm never by myself in the chatroom. There's always at least one other person as bored as me in there and no his name isn't Reggie Ray.

sorry, i'm not buying it alk, too often have I seen you come running outta the chatroom & into the lounge all outta breath sayin hey.where is everybody? for a while I thought you were scared of the dark ;)

Hey just noticed that I won this now. Thanks Beans.

If I had no ego I would take myself out of the running for this award. Luckily for everyone here my ego is massive and I won't do such a thing!

Chad is all heart though. I am proud to root for him. Will he get it done? How the hell do I know. But he is the least of their worries at this point in time.

So I get runner up of the week because Max has a hard-on for Penny? Eh, you win some and you lose some.

Hard on for Penny v. hard on related joke. Because JN is a football site....but you may want to inquire with Max about the runner-up prize. Have you made a tackle recently is the question he's going to ask you...

Hey just noticed that I won this now. Thanks Beans.

If I had no ego I would take myself out of the running for this award. Luckily for everyone here my ego is massive and I won't do such a thing!

Chad is all heart though. I am proud to root for him. Will he get it done? How the hell do I know. But he is the least of their worries at this point in time.

The only one out of the running is me - not because of any fairness issues, I just am not that funny. I'm not a "bowling ball with butcher knives" poster and I can in fact be blocked. I'm always contained, as a matter of fact. The good news is Max did not have to give up two 1sts and a 4th for me....

The only one out of the running is me - not because of any fairness issues, I just am not that funny. I'm not a "bowling ball with butcher knives" poster and I can in fact be blocked. I'm always contained, as a matter of fact. The good news is Max did not have to give up two 1sts and a 4th for me....

I was going to give up 3 1sts for you. Then we got the results of the Unix quiz back. Holy Terry Bradway!

\:D/

Archived