Pennington thought he was going to die.

Alk

Pennington has near death experience

The News

For a brief moment as he lay writhing on the turf after being tackled by Texans defensive end Mario Williams, Chad Pennington thought he had met his maker. "I thought I wasn't going to make it. If anybody ever had that happen, you know it's the worst feeling in the world. You're sitting there like, 'Oh my goodness, I'm not going to make it.' Right here on the football field. But things worked out well." the quarterback told the Newark Star-Ledger after having the breath knocked out of him during Sunday's win.

Our View

Pennington was writhing in pain for several minutes, and it first appeared as if he had re-injured his surgically-repaired right shoulder. After the scare, he walked off the field exhorting the crowd with both arms, then returned one play later en route to a 286-yard, one-touchdown performance. Clearly, Pennington is okay, and anyone depending on any members of the Jets passing attack are relieved he didn't hurt the shoulder again.

The wind knocked out of him? Yep, this guy is tough as nails I tell ya...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i guess you have never had a bad lose your breath experience.

when i was like 14 i was playing football outback in about a foot of snow and i got pounded into the ground, couldn't breathe normally for 4 or 5 minutes, pretty scary indeed.

Actually while playing high school football I was speared on two different occasions and had the wind knocked out of me. Did it suck? You bet. Did I think I was going to die? The thought never even crossed my mind. Chad has a noodle brain.

Actually while playing high school football I was speared on two different occasions and had the wind knocked out of me. Did it suck? You bet. Did I think I was going to die? The thought never even crossed my mind. Chad has a noodle brain.

Maybe I'll hold my Jets pillow over your face until you start flailing. You can tell us about your sense of panic when I'm through kneeling on your chest. Unless you prefer I hold your head in the toilet water. Get back to me on that.

Maybe I'll hold my Jets pillow over your face until you start flailing. You can tell us about your sense of panic when I'm through kneeling on your chest. Unless you prefer I hold your head in the toilet water. Get back to me on that.

Good luck with that tough guy.

Good luck with that tough guy.

http://jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=362153&postcount=55

I'm protecting my QB. This isn't a Patriots board, last I knew. You know what they say about dishing it out, Alk. No harm, no foul; only a ribbing on your part, but you can't expect people to let it slide on a Jets board without retort - which goes on ad nauseum on some days. All's fair in love and war. And I am playing fair.

ape1.jpg

http://jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=362153&postcount=55

I'm protecting my QB. This isn't a Patriots board, last I knew. You know what they say about dishing it out, Alk. No harm, no foul; only a ribbing on your part, but you can't expect people to let it slide on a Jets board without retort - which goes on ad nauseum on some days. All's fair in love and war. And I am playing fair.

ape1.jpg

Don't try to apoligize now, I have already filed a formal complaint with the authorities.

8 man football.

Kijana Carter must've steam rolled Alk a couple of times.

Jets fans vs. Pats fans from this board...tackle football game...

I don't think there is any question who would win that one.

Did KiJana play 8 man? We actually played 11 man but there were schools on both sides of us that played 8 man. There was even a school north of us in Nebraska that played 6 man. Of course there is no question who would win in a game only because there aren't even enough Patriots fans to field a team although with my golden arm, all I really need is one good WR.

The News

For a brief moment as he lay writhing on the turf after being tackled by Texans defensive end Mario Williams, Chad Pennington thought he had met his maker. "I thought I wasn't going to make it. If anybody ever had that happen, you know it's the worst feeling in the world. You're sitting there like, 'Oh my goodness, I'm not going to make it.' Right here on the football field. But things worked out well." the quarterback told the Newark Star-Ledger after having the breath knocked out of him during Sunday's win.

Our View

Pennington was writhing in pain for several minutes, and it first appeared as if he had re-injured his surgically-repaired right shoulder. After the scare, he walked off the field exhorting the crowd with both arms, then returned one play later en route to a 286-yard, one-touchdown performance. Clearly, Pennington is okay, and anyone depending on any members of the Jets passing attack are relieved he didn't hurt the shoulder again.

The wind knocked out of him? Yep, this guy is tough as nails I tell ya...

I just love it when internet studs call football players out in pleading their toughness.

I just love it when internet studs call football players out in pleading their toughness.

If I had never had the wind knocked out of me I wouldn't have commented. Would it make you feel better if I accused him of overexaggerating?

The News

Our View

The wind knocked out of him? Yep, this guy is tough as nails I tell ya...[/quote]

you truly are a jerk off

Do you honestly believe having some high school player "poke" you equates having a 300 Lb Defensive end come down and force your own arm into your sternum through force and gravity?

I really do think that there is only so much "wind" in a body that can be knocked out. It's like broken bones, they can be broken by a 300 lb. man or 200 lb. man, either way, they're broken.

I really do think that there is only so much "wind" in a body that can be knocked out. It's like broken bones, they can be broken by a 300 lb. man or 200 lb. man, either way, they're broken.

I thought you were much smarter than this.

Ever hear of a simple fracture vs. a compound fracture? A displaced fracture?

I can't believe that you have only had the wind knocked out of you once, otherwise you would realize that there are more traumatic episodes and less traumatic ones.

with all due respect to Greengal......

People Who Died

By Jim Carroll

Teddy sniffing glue he was 12 years old

Fell from the roof on East Two-nine

Cathy was 11 when she pulled the plug

On 26 reds and a bottle of wine

Bobby got leukemia, 14 years old

He looked like 65 when he died

He was a friend of mine

Refrain:

Those are people who died, died

They were all my friends, and they died

G-berg and Georgie let their gimmicks go rotten

So they died of hepatitis in upper Manhattan

Sly in Vietnam took a bullet in the head

Bobby OD'd on Drano on the night that he was wed

They were two more friends of mine

Two more friends that died / I miss 'em--they died

Repeat Refrain

Mary took a dry dive from a hotel room

Bobby hung himself from a cell in the tombs

Judy jumped in front of a subway train

Eddie got slit in the jugular vein

And Eddie, I miss you more than all the others,

And I salute you brother/ This song is for you my brother

Repeat Refrain

Herbie pushed Tony from the Boys' Club roof

Tony thought that his rage was just some goof

But Herbie sure gave Tony some bitchen proof

"Hey," Herbie said, "Tony, can you fly?"

But Tony couldn't fly . . . Tony died

Repeat Refrain:

Brian got busted on a narco rap

He beat the rap by rattin' on some bikers

He said, hey, I know it's dangerous,

but it sure beats Riker's

But the next day he got offed

by the very same bikers

Repeat Refrain; repeat song to Eddie

I thought you were much smarter than this.

Ever hear of a simple fracture vs. a compound fracture? A displaced fracture?

I can't believe that you have only had the wind knocked out of you once, otherwise you would realize that there are more traumatic episodes and less traumatic ones.

Yes, I'm aware that there are different fractures. Are you telling me that the weight of the person hitting you determines which fracture you get? I had the wind knocked out of me twice and they both pretty much sucked but I never once thought I was going to die.

Yes, I'm aware that there are different fractures. Are you telling me that the weight of the person hitting you determines which fracture you get? I had the wind knocked out of me twice and they both pretty much sucked but I never once thought I was going to die.

I will suggest to you that there are different levels of "having the wind knocked out of you"..

Maybe, you experienced the lesser of the severity.

on the post game Chad was telling the writers about it and it was like he was talking Chinese-none of them had experienced getting the wind knocked outta them-that spoke of how much these guys have actually PLAYED sports...I can't count how many times it's happened to me musta been at least 3-5 times-you couldn't get me inside the house when I was a kid-big difference between me and my 13 year old son who we can't get OUT of the house

I will suggest to you that there are different levels of "having the wind knocked out of you"..

Maybe, you experienced the lesser of the severity.

yea I'll bet you're right about that SD-must be a big difference having an almost 300 Lb monster squishing you than schoolyard kids stuff-good point

Yeah, Chad is such a puss, he played a 1/4 of the season with a frayed labrum that was hurting him and in pain.

And then, he comes back early from re-hab, gets it torn again in-game, and volunteers to go back in the game.

Then he endures the struggle of coming back from surgery TWICE, mind you, just so he can have the privilege of keyboqard toughies telling him how "soft" he is.

I pray that ALK's kids never come home crying because they are hurt, so that we can all question their intestinal fortitude.

Some friends and I were playing in an abandoned public diving pool in Brooklyn some 25 years ago and I slipped down into the diving pool (very steep) and when I landed had the wind knocked out of me pretty bad. And yes, I thought I was going to die for a second or two because the pain and lack of air was that severe.

i.e., go **** yourself alk and worry about your own mediocre team as we have more than enough guys worrying about ours.

I got kicked in the soloplex one time playing manhunt as a teenager.To tell you the truth Death did cross my mind it took me 2-3 minutes to get my breath back ,it was so bad that my "so called buddy of mine" that kicked me wanted to know if he should go and call 911 for help. SO YES you do think of death when you get the wind knocked out of you.

P.S. I would not wish that on my worst enemy,But a Pastsie Troll like Alf Hell ya ;)

Archived