Dolphins vs Patriots - Can it happen?

BwanaZulia

I know everyone is talking about the Wildcard.. but what about the East?

We need a little help from our friends down in Miami this week.

GO DOLPHINS!

:)

BZ

Possible?

Yes.

Especially, if the Patriots continue to play bad against crappy teams.

Go have another Yahoo with madmike.

Jets winning the AFCE?

Friggn' hilarious.

it can happen you can lose three of the next four you got coming up with the dolphins,jags and gulp i cant beleive im saying this the freakin titans..but iam just hoping 2 of the next four and we can be tied for first...

The Pats have often played down to the level of it's competition. It's been going on for years. That said, Miami IN Miami has always given the Patriots fits. I can easily see them lose this Sunday. Although - I've been listening to the player radio interviews this morning and they sound different....in a good way. We'll see.

Buffalo gave SD fits yesterday. LT saved the day. Are any Jets fans worried about Buffalo at all?

It could definitely happen, the nfl today is an "any given sunday" league week in and week out. No games are gimmies and they are usually all close.

This is the mentality we have garb, so yes, we're worried about the Bills-but this thread is about the dolphins beating the patriots this week. I believe there are other threads discussing the upcoming matchup with the bills, you may want to go into those.

The Pats have often played down to the level of it's competition. It's been going on for years. That said, Miami IN Miami has always given the Patriots fits. I can easily see them lose this Sunday. Although - I've been listening to the player radio interviews this morning and they sound different....in a good way. We'll see.

Buffalo gave SD fits yesterday. LT saved the day. Are any Jets fans worried about Buffalo at all?

Hey Garb, please send Ben Watson a memo that when he makes the reception, he should fall right to the ground.

GO DOLPHINS!

BZ

...the Jags go 1-4 the rest of the way with their only win coming against the Patriots!!!!!!

GO DOLPHINS!

BZ

....the Jags go 1-4 the rest of the way with their only win coming against the Patriots!!!!!

Hey Garb, please send Ben Watson a memo that when he makes the reception, he should fall right to the ground.

...Caldwell obviously got that memo too. :)

Funny, I was in the Patsfans game day chatroom yesterday. It was surmised by some of the homer goofballs over there that Gabriel is in the doghouse because of the momentum turning fumble against the Jest a few weeks back. Of course, I bring up the fact that Watson keeps on getting the ball thrown to him, even though he fumbles all the time.....so I surmised that Gabriel being banished to the dog house is NOT because of the fumble.

Jason Taylor will have Matt "Turnstyle" Light for lunch on Sunday, per usual. Graham's play will be huge.

Hey, how many times do you think that tricky moron-piece of doo-doo, Josh McDaniels, is going to run the reverse on Sunday? Three? And, boy, the mail in Foxboro must be slow! I think McDaniels received the note - sometime in the fourth quarter - that the Patriost are REALLY GOOD at the screen play.

I can't stand Josh McDaniels. Can you tell? :)

yea here's one-but two things are working in our favor against both Buffalo and Miami-both of these teams have schizophrenic QB's,guys that'll make absolutely boneheaded plays AT THE WORST POSSIBLE TIME to really hurt their respective teams.Oh yea and about Miami the talk now of Saban possibly leaving for Bama could really hurt them...especially if those rumors start heating up around Christmas...

yea here's one-but two things are working in our favor against both Buffalo and Miami-both of these teams have schizophrenic QB's,guys that'll make absolutely boneheaded plays AT THE WORST POSSIBLE TIME to really hurt their respective teams.Oh yea and about Miami the talk now of Saban possibly leaving for Bama could really hurt them...especially if those rumors start heating up around Christmas...

Both Buffalo and Miami hang their hats on defense. The trick is to score SOME points. The Jets/Buffalo game will be a low-scoring affair. The best HC will prevail. Jets win by four. 10-6

You should take all the friends you can get since you will be looking at your 3rd coach in 4 years next year.

BZ

Saban will be back. He has a 5 year contract. Moron. How many coaches have the Jets had since their last Superbowl? We have had 4 . You've had that many in the last decade.

You guys are still two games back in case you failed to notice. You need to worry about your own games first.

Yes but it is actually more like one and a half for the purposes of this discussion. The Jets would have to win out for there even to be a possiblility and the thread started with the idea that we need help from Miami. If those tewo things happen we have the divisional record tie breaker aganst the Patriots by virtue of a better divisional record.

Two losses, Miami plus one for the Patriots and the Jets have the AFC Eastern divison title in their own hands. Not likely exactly but hardly out of the question.

Saban will be back. He has a 5 year contract. Moron. How many coaches have the Jets had since their last Superbowl? We have had 4 . You've had that many in the last decade.

4 coaches eh?

How many years since you have been in the playoffs with all that stability?

BZ

So have you

Miami Coaches Since 1996

Johnson

Wanny

Bates

Saban

Jets Coaches since 1996

Kotite

Parcells

Groh

Edwards

Mangini

whats up with the name calling i love how people call people morons over the internet but at home there nothing but bed wetters...

So have you

Miami Coaches Since 1996

Johnson

Wanny

Bates

Saban

Jets Coaches since 1996

Kotite

Parcells

Groh

Edwards

Mangini

You can't count Bates, as he was an interim HC.

As for the Fins/ Pats, this will be a tough game for the Pats. If we play our game the Pats don't have a chance.

I actually think the Jets should be rooting for the Pats to beat the Fins. Face it, you're not winning the division. It's just not happenning. ALthough the Fins are still an extreme long shot to make a wildcard, fact remains that we are still in it. You should want the Fins eliminated because that will give you one less team to have to worry about. Either way, we'll beat the Pats. I just feel it.

You can't count Bates, as he was an interim HC.

As for the Fins/ Pats, this will be a tough game for the Pats. If we play our game the Pats don't have a chance.

I actually think the Jets should be rooting for the Pats to beat the Fins. Face it, you're not winning the division. It's just not happenning. ALthough the Fins are still an extreme long shot to make a wildcard, fact remains that we are still in it. You should want the Fins eliminated because that will give you one less team to have to worry about. Either way, we'll beat the Pats. I just feel it.

Was Bates a Dolphins Head Coach? YES

What? Do you actually think about what you post? The Phins are no threat to the Jets. In no scenario do the Dolphins overtake the Jets for a WC spot. 9-7 IS NOT going to make the playoffs.

Buffalo gave SD fits yesterday. LT saved the day. Are any Jets fans worried about Buffalo at all?[/quote]

Yes, Buffalo always worries me, just like ANY AFC East game always worries me

Archived