Who Voted Against The Stadium Funding ?

Maxman

NFL teams can be allotted $150 million out of a league fund to help defray construction costs, but the Giants and Jets argued they were due twice that since they are sharing the facility.

The teams needed 75 percent of the 32 owners to vote their approval, and Jets owner Woody Johnson told The Associated Press the vote was "almost unanimous.''

Could it be the Pats? Er, I mean Satan ???

churchlady02.jpg[url=http://www.danacarvey.net/images/churchlady02.jpg]

Read in the paper today Bengals and Bills were the two teams that voted against it- another reason to smack the Bills on Sunday

yep, bengals and bills. funniest part of it all is that the radio hosts in buffalo kept saying, WHY DO WE HAVE TO PAY TAXES FOR A STADIUM IN NYC...idiots.

I wonder why they did that??

Spite??

Ralph Wilson could wind up loosing his franchise if the team can not sell out like we can.

A perfect example - for the past 2 weeks, the Bills have been BLACKED OUT in the metro Buffalo area due to NFL regulations:

Bills Blacked Out Once Again

Thursday, November 30, 2006 05:18 PM - WBEN Newsroom

Buffalo, NY (WBEN) - For the second straight home game, the Bills will be blacked out. As of 1pm Thursday, 8,700 tickets remain available for Sunday's game against San Diego.

The Bills' last game against Jacksonville was blacked out. Spokesman Scott Berchtold "says it's been "a while" since the Bills had two straight home games blacked out. Berchtold admits it's difficult to sell home game tickets in December, but hopes the Bills' performance the last two games will convince fans to head to the box office.

Thousands of tickets remain for the final two home games, against Miami and Tennessee

If that happens, it means that the Bills become the 1st team in over 8 years that HALF of their HOME games were BLACKED OUT due to low ticket sales...

This could be the team that moves to L.A. & Wilson does not want this to happen. He has struggled with the NFL for years, who have asked repeadedly for him to UPGRADE the facility. However, he contends that it should be NY State's Taxpayers that should flip the "bills" - so to speak!

Though they did get $95,000,000.00 from New York State in 1998 which paid for 1/2 of the stadium to be upgraded to corporate boxes & a new state of the art Fieldhouse, they have still not upgraded the actual stadium.

And that's why he was against the loan!

yep, bengals and bills. funniest part of it all is that the radio hosts in buffalo kept saying, WHY DO WE HAVE TO PAY TAXES FOR A STADIUM IN NYC...idiots.

Though they did get $95,000,000.00 from New York State in 1998 which paid for 1/2 of the stadium to be upgraded to corporate boxes & a new state of the art Fieldhouse, they have still not upgraded the actual stadium.

So it's perfectly fine for 1 team to get $100M that adds nothing but luxury boxes and a practice field. AND they can't even sell out games. That's ok to them.

Nevermind that this new stadium is not even in NY for a second. But it's ok for the NFL - NOT STATE TAXES - to kick in $300M to TWO franchises to go towards an ENTIRE STADIUM and also TWO practice facilities. AND it further helps justify expanding public transportation with the combination of keeping two NFL franchises in the area plus the whole Xanadu project and the tons of jobs it keeps there. Plus all the TV revenue it will generate since both teams are always 100% sold out - you can't even GET a ticket from the box office without getting on a decade-long waiting list.

If the fans don't want to go to the games, then move the friggin' team to a place that wants it. If they'd spent that $95M on a dome/roof they'd sell out every game.

Mmm-kay.

If it would cause sell-out's, frankly the NFL should give them enough money to make a roof feasible. Green Bay is unique; there's nothing to do there anyway. Buffalo is an actual city & people can actually do other things on Sundays so you've got to make it attractive even when the team isn't good.

I don't care if they stay or go, but if they leave then Wilson should have to pay NYS back a substantial amount of the money he received just 8 years ago.

So it's perfectly fine for 1 team to get $100M that adds nothing but luxury boxes and a practice field. AND they can't even sell out games. That's ok to them.

Nevermind that this new stadium is not even in NY for a second. But it's ok for the NFL - NOT STATE TAXES - to kick in $300M to TWO franchises to go towards an ENTIRE STADIUM and also TWO practice facilities. AND it further helps justify expanding public transportation with the combination of keeping two NFL franchises in the area plus the whole Xanadu project and the tons of jobs it keeps there. Plus all the TV revenue it will generate since both teams are always 100% sold out - you can't even GET a ticket from the box office without getting on a decade-long waiting list.

If the fans don't want to go to the games, then move the friggin' team to a place that wants it. If they'd spent that $95M on a dome/roof they'd sell out every game.

Mmm-kay.

If it would cause sell-out's, frankly the NFL should give them enough money to make a roof feasible. Green Bay is unique; there's nothing to do there anyway. Buffalo is an actual city & people can actually do other things on Sundays so you've got to make it attractive even when the team isn't good.

I don't care if they stay or go, but if they leave then Wilson should have to pay NYS back a substantial amount of the money he received just 8 years ago.

He wants the NFL to pay them for everything. Hell, most of the Season ticket holders in Buffalo are from Canada (Toronto) anyway!

Foxjet & I found that out a few years back - they have booster clubs of 10,000 fans that come to Buffalo & the surrounding area every home game!

I say, move to the CFL & let the argonots play in the NFL!

That way we get a Superbowl in the Northeast - Skybox can close shut for inclement weather!

He wants the NFL to pay them for everything. Hell, most of the Season ticket holders in Buffalo are from Canada (Toronto) anyway!

Foxjet & I found that out a few years back - they have booster clubs of 10,000 fans that come to Buffalo & the surrounding area every home game!

I say, move to the CFL & let the argonots play in the NFL!

That way we get a Superbowl in the Northeast - Skybox can close shut for inclement weather!

I wouldn't be opposed to moving the Bills to Toronto... I think that would be pretty cool.

If you guys want a new stadium you should pay for it yourselves. You can't expect upstate NY people to give you a handout for something WE WILL NEVER GET TO USE!!

If you guys want a new stadium you should pay for it yourselves. You can't expect upstate NY people to give you a handout for something WE WILL NEVER GET TO USE!!

It is not a handout- it is a loan that has to be repaid

and its not even in NY... are New Yorkers even footing the bill at all???

The bills are just mad becuase they are only the 3rd best NFL team in New York!

Actually we have nothing to be mad about since we will continue to be THE ONLY NY TEAM THAT ACTUALLY PLAYS IN NYS. You guys seriously need to consider renaming your team the NJ JETS.

Actually we have nothing to be mad about since we will continue to be THE ONLY NY TEAM THAT ACTUALLY PLAYS IN NYS. You guys seriously need to consider renaming your team the NJ JETS.

Or NY should buy the meadowlands from NJ... lol

Seriously though it practically is in NY, I could see your point if we werent a stones throw away...

Nah, I'd day the Bills are better than the Giants.

I heard a rumor that the Bills were going to move to Toronto, but the NFL shot that idea down in order not to slow the game down anymore. They feared that playing both National Anthems before the game would certainly lead to kickoff delays and poor attendance.

It's the New York metropolitan area..

The problem with Buffalo is that the stadium is too big. They should have a capacity around 60,000-65,000.

The Bengals are a joke. How can a team that hosed local taxpayers for their new Stadium vote against this? If I'm not mistaken the Bengals are being sued by either the City or County.

Cool... so don't expect anything from NYC and more... watch how quickly Ralph takes that team elsewhere. He's laughing all the way to the bank (TRUST ME... I KNOW HIM WELL). He bought the franchise for a song.

!

And that's why he was against the loan!

Why would the Bills have spent money on a bigger stadium? They couldn't fill it if it only held 65,000!!!!! They put the money were it made the most sense income-wise.

You realize that door swings both ways right? Imagine not having NYC and long island and westchester and those fat tax bases. I would say upstate gets more then they contribute in taxes to begin with, so this arguement is not valid.

But wait, this arguement is about an NFL loan, not a state loan, and even if it were a state loan, it is NJ, not NY. HELLO!!!!!!!!!

Archived