Why Doesn't Everyone Relax

nj meadowlands

30 years of frustration for me..I'm 41, and I fear I will die before the Jets win the Superbowl...and..I've been down this road before with Todd..Matt Robinson..O'Brien..******* Boomer..Bubby Brister..O'Donnell...Vinny T...Chad....I am ****ing tired of this crap..and I need to vent after games like these...

That is all!!

We are 7-6.

We have won 3 more games already than most people expected us to win all year.

We are technically still in the thick of a playoff race.

Nobody expected us to do this much this year, so why don't we all just enjoy the fact that we are playing meaningful games in December.

This is such a bullsh*t approach. Obviously most of our preseason expectations were wrong. The bottom line is if Chad showed up at all for any one or more of either the CLE game, CHI game, orBUF game we would be sitting pretty right now. I'm not even saying he had to play great, just show up and play half decent. In those games our D directly were responsible for 20 points, 10 points, and 17 points respectively. Chad shouldn;'t have even bothered to show up. We would have had a better shot of winning one of them.

This is such a bullsh*t approach. Obviously most of our preseason expectations were wrong. The bottom line is if Chad showed up at all for any one or more of either the CLE game, CHI game, orBUF game we would be sitting pretty right now. I'm not even saying he had to play great, just show up and play half decent. In those games our D directly were responsible for 20 points, 10 points, and 17 points respectively. Chad shouldn;'t have even bothered to show up. We would have had a better shot of winning one of them.

we could have run the wing-t with brad smith and had a better chance than the piss poor effort that chad displayed in those 3 games.

It's a lie anyway. Last year these same people weren't getting pissed after every win we had, and saying "we were expected to win a SB, this is unacceptable" instead they were making excuses about injury. Now this year when we have a soft schedule, remain relatively healthy, and in general play at a decent level outside of the QB, it's "we've exceeded expectations!" In this league when you get in the position to make a run you don't wait around for a new set of pre-season expectations. Look at the Saints, they don't go out and blow games just because they've exceeded expectations!! The expectations are from what you've just recently done, and they increase and decrease accordingly, you do not measure your success against pre-season.

It's a lie anyway. Last year these same people weren't getting pissed after every win we had, and saying "we were expected to win a SB, this is unacceptable" instead they were making excuses about injury. Now this year when we have a soft schedule, remain relatively healthy, and in general play at a decent level outside of the QB, it's "we've exceeded expectations!" In this league when you get in the position to make a run you don't wait around for a new set of pre-season expectations. Look at the Saints, they don't go out and blow games just because they've exceeded expectations!! The expectations are from what you've just recently done, and they increase and decrease accordingly, you do not measure your success against pre-season.

Excuse me? Were you even here last season? Why don't you speak for your damn self.

The bottom line is that despite Chad's **** ass performances, we are still way ahead of what is supposed to be a schedule for re-building. The Jets will continue to get better, but we can't expect to never have any hiccups along the way. It's unreasonable.

Excuse me? Were you even here last season? Why don't you speak for your damn self.

The bottom line is that despite Chad's **** ass performances, we are still way ahead of what is supposed to be a schedule for re-building. The Jets will continue to get better, but we can't expect to never have any hiccups along the way. It's unreasonable.

Oh god what a hypocrite you are, why don't YOU speak for yourself, instead of making broad generalizations such as "nobody thought we..." and "can't expect...hiccups...". You Fu**ing retard.

the bottom line is that the jets had a chance to take a major step towards the playoffs and once again in jet like fashion blew it

Exactly. And i hate everyone that just accepts the lesser end of this deal for the jets which is were better than people expected. For all the recent years i can remember weve been much better than anyone has every expected out of this group. It will always be this way and they can all go to hell for all i care. We have just as much talent as the Colts or the Chargers. But when something goes wrong, it goes very wrong for us, like this game.

As much as i would hope we would head to the Super Bowl this year, as i wish every year, we still could have played better than we did this week. Point out the mistakes, talk about the errors, find the solutions and make the changes. STFU with your stupid oh well were better than we should have been, i knew that already so go stick your thumb back up Peter Kings butt.

Wow. i wouldn't go that far.

I also don't think it is teh best physical talent that necessarily wins in this league. It is coordinated talent that fits your scheme with execution.

There is talent involved in that, but not physical talent alone.

Scott, great point & my only problem with your post is that you did not namecall & call a fellow jetfan a loser for having an opinion

Guys....we can't accept an inferior product. Would you accept a car that one day runs great and the next can't start????

Only in the Jet's does this type of thing happen. Plumber was pulled, so have about 5 other QB's around the league. We can't just sit back again and wait another year to see if it was Chad's arm strength or niot...enough is enough get him out of there start the kid Klemens and see what you've got. Send the message to Penny that if he doesn't get his head in the game he will be replaced...end of story. As a team the jets have enough talent to make the playoffs...no question, The only problem is we have a QB that is not consistent. And for whatever reason come big game time...folds like a cheap suit.

Guys....we can't accept an inferior product. Would you accept a car that one day runs great and the next can't start????

Only in the Jet's does this type of thing happen. Plumber was pulled, so have about 5 other QB's around the league. We can't just sit back again and wait another year to see if it was Chad's arm strength or niot...enough is enough get him out of there start the kid Klemens and see what you've got. Send the message to Penny that if he doesn't get his head in the game he will be replaced...end of story. As a team the jets have enough talent to make the playoffs...no question, The only problem is we have a QB that is not consistent. And for whatever reason come big game time...folds like a cheap suit.

We have got to see what Clemens can do before this upcoming draft. I want a QB that other teams are afraid of.

We are 7-6.

We have won 3 more games already than most people expected us to win all year.

We are technically still in the thick of a playoff race.

Nobody expected us to do this much this year, so why don't we all just enjoy the fact that we are playing meaningful games in December.

You clowns REALLY need to relax. This guy is right on. As much as I would absolutely love to sit here and gloat and pound you clowns over your loss, I can't do that. Maybe on Wednesday I will, after your wounds heal a bit and you look forward to next week. But for now, I'll hold back. You guys are still in position to grab a wild card so I don't know what the hell you're complaining about. You're what, one game out? You're still in the chase. Be grateful....

You clowns REALLY need to relax. This guy is right on. As much as I would absolutely love to sit here and gloat and pound you clowns over your loss, I can't do that. Maybe on Wednesday I will, after your wounds heal a bit and you look forward to next week. But for now, I'll hold back. You guys are still in position to grab a wild card so I don't know what the hell you're complaining about. You're what, one game out? You're still in the chase. Be grateful....

DW actually I'm relaxed now, but last night I wasn't...to be honest Chad would have sat in at least 60% of the other teams out there. You only afford the kind of "Untouchable status" Chad has received if the guy is consistent and has proven himself in the playoffs. He has done either. In fact I can't remember this guy bringing the Jets back in a game this year?????? And winning it! As Jet fans we have given this guy way way to much credit. And trust me I've been a jets fan since Nameth! He isn't that kid that came in on the heals of Vinny's blunders in 2002. What are you going to say next week? All I've said is there comes a point in time when you can take the bull by the horns and make your season what you want it to be. We are 7-6 and our season starts next week in Minny. So ok, so lets give Chad one more start......start Chad in Minny next week and when he Sh**s the bed again in the first 3 quaters, do you sit him or do you continue with crappy QB play? Come on now that's fair enough for all.

DW actually I'm relaxed now, but last night I wasn't...to be honest Chad would have sat in at least 60% of the other teams out there. You only afford the kind of "Untouchable status" Chad has received if the guy is consistent and has proven himself in the playoffs. He has done either. In fact I can't remember this guy bringing the Jets back in a game this year?????? And winning it! As Jet fans we have given this guy way way to much credit. And trust me I've been a jets fan since Nameth! He isn't that kid that came in on the heals of Vinny's blunders in 2002. What are you going to say next week? All I've said is there comes a point in time when you can take the bull by the horns and make your season what you want it to be. We are 7-6 and our season starts next week in Minny. So ok, so lets give Chad one more start......start Chad in Minny next week and when he Sh**s the bed again in the first 3 quaters, do you sit him or do you continue with crappy QB play? Come on now that's fair enough for all.

Agree 100% Let's look at it from the Bear's perspective: There are reports that if Rex does not have his sh!t together in the first half tonight, they are going to switch to Griese. Now I realize the Bears are 10-2 and Chad did not have a 1.3 QB rating yesterday, but the scenarios are similar. The Bears are going to the playoffs, and they will be playing at home for at least one game, but they still want to be sure that their QB is not going to f'it up! Same should apply for the Jets; we might make the playoffs, but will we succeed with Chad under center? Is Chad the QB of the franchise's future? Why was Clemens darfted? YATTA, YATTA, YATTA! All the same ol' questions. Some would argue that Chad deserves an entire season before he is judged, but is just not the way the NFL works anymore; put-up or shut-up! This move to the back-up is being played, and working, all over the league; why does it not work for the Jets? In Chad do we still trust? Not me, not after yesterday. Maybe I'm still a tad bitter, maybe I'm being a touch too harsh, but the crap he has pulled this season clearly outweighs the good in my book; BENCH HIM! He should be a very good back-up at least...

Agree 100% Let's look at it from the Bear's perspective: There are reports that if Rex does not have his sh!t together in the first half tonight, they are going to switch to Griese. Now I realize the Bears are 10-2 and Chad did not have a 1.3 QB rating yesterday, but the scenarios are similar. The Bears are going to the playoffs, and they will be playing at home for at least one game, but they still want to be sure that their QB is not going to f'it up! Same should apply for the Jets; we might make the playoffs, but will we succeed with Chad under center? Is Chad the QB of the franchise's future? Why was Clemens darfted? YATTA, YATTA, YATTA! All the same ol' questions. Some would argue that Chad deserves an entire season before he is judged, but is just not the way the NFL works anymore; put-up or shut-up! This move to the back-up is being played, and working, all over the league; why does it not work for the Jets? In Chad do we still trust? Not me, not after yesterday. Maybe I'm still a tad bitter, maybe I'm being a touch too harsh, but the crap he has pulled this season clearly outweighs the good in my book; BENCH HIM! He should be a very good back-up at least...

oh, don't worry guys. Next wek Penny Noodle will go 16-21, 202 yds w/ 2 TDs and 0 Ints and the Pennington vs Unitas threads will begin again.

Ryno, I'll give Chad 2 or 3 quarters against Minny, but if he still has his head up his ass, they have to pull the guy and put the kid in there..otherwise our playoff dreams are coming to an end next week. And that is a shame.

Ryno, I'll give Chad 2 or 3 quarters against Minny, but if he still has his head up his ass, they have to pull the guy and put the kid in there..otherwise our playoff dreams are coming to an end next week. And that is a shame.

I'm ok with the 2-3 qtrs theory, but if he does, in fact, get pulled, does that give Clemens enogh time? No way, and I guess 3 games is not enough time in my mind either. Basically, I am pissed off but I can not offer a solution. I think the hopes for this season should be passed on in order to give Clemens a shot. We have seen where Chad will take us; not far enough.

relax? Here's why I can't... because if we play this way for the rest of the season we will NOT beat Minnesota, we will NOT beat Miami, and at that point who CARES if we beat Oakland? Seriously, ending up 8-8 would be a great disappointment after what this season seemed to be delivering. Also, just so I can say "I told you so", the Cleveland loss was HUGE!!!!

Archived