D'Brickashaw Turnstile?

ThisYearsModel

Jeez. The guy is gonna have bad games. LT is a VERY hard posision to play in the NFL.

Plus you don't get 12.5 sacks (i.e. Schobel of the Bills) by being a slouch. Not to mention when you're in obvious passing situations against a defense geared up for speed rushing the QB, it's going to be tough on the o-line. Of course, that begs the question why one wouldn't stay with the run when it worked, as it did against the Bills. As it had for EVERY TEAM that has played against them this year.

When he puts on 15 pounds over the off season he'll be fine.

His natural playing weight is around 290 lbs. He put on almost 25 pounds this past off-season when he weighed in at 313 lbs at the combine - only to lose all the weight. He can eat all the cheesburgers he wants in the off-season but after a summer training camp, preseason and the first 4 weeks of the regular season he'll be back down to 290 lbs.

Look, Ferguson's going to be an excellent pass blocker but his run blocking will be average at best unless the Jets decide to adopt a zone-blocking scheme like what Denver and Atlanta have.

His natural playing weight is around 290 lbs. He put on almost 25 pounds this past off-season when he weighed in at 313 lbs at the combine - only to lose all the weight. He can eat all the cheesburgers he wants in the off-season but after a summer training camp, preseason and the first 4 weeks of the regular season he'll be back down to 290 lbs.

Look, Ferguson's going to be an excellent pass blocker but his run blocking will be average at best unless the Jets decide to adopt a zone-blocking scheme like what Denver and Atlanta have.

The key to gaining weight is not just eating cheeseburgers i'm sure the jets are having these same conversations internally and will put him on a real program for a full off season and he'll put on and keep on weight.

not going to bash the kid..he is still learning and a rookie...his body will mature over the next couple of years

exactly, he had a bad game but it seems everyone who took the field wearing green did today. he was up against a very quick beast today. with the O out of step on every play today, this kinda stuff has to happen.

oh wait, we're jetfans.........lets just write the kid off as a bust

On the first strip sack, Penny ran outside of the pocket - Brick pushed his rusher past the pocket, right into Chad's back. Had Penny stepped up into the pocket he would have been fine.

Also FWIW the play of the game for me was Clements INT TD and Chad had very good protection.

This is a situation where the QB play affected the whole team, including LT. Obviously Brick could have played better but it was not as bad as it seemed.

its not that hard for a player to put on weight. just look at the majority of people in this country. i don't think he will have any trouble putting on 10-15 pounds and keeping it on. this was his first season in the nfl and he had a hard training camp. he will be ok after having a full offseason in the workout room.

its not that hard for a player to put on weight. just look at the majority of people in this country. i don't think he will have any trouble putting on 10-15 pounds and keeping it on. this was his first season in the nfl and he had a hard training camp. he will be ok after having a full offseason in the workout room.

putting on 10 - 15 lbs is easy sure. it's maintaing peak performance with the added weight thats tough. my friggin wife won't even afford me the oppurtunity to perform since adding10- 15 lbs. I don't think my game has changed much. hopefully i'll find out soon

I used to tell her the same thing. don't judge me on 1 bad performance.

Amazing-A rookie who has been playing very well all year gets blasted for one bad game by the same people who support a 30 year old QB who has played like garbage all year long. The double standards around here are mind boggling.

Who's bashing him? Except some mook from the Times ( do they even have a sports section?) We are acknowledging he had a bad game. Sorry if that takes you away from a 6 week rant against the qb, but D'Brick played poorly yesterday.

Funny you say that becuase he has been doing an above average job when run blocking... actually he has been doing better a lot of the time run blocking than pass blocking! Did you mean it the other way around or did you not know what you were saying?

The majority of people in this country don't play a full 16 game NFL schedule + summer training camp + preseason.

And it isn't just about putting on 20-25 lbs of fat. He needs to put on 20-25 lbs of muscle to be a good run blocker. Unless he uses steroids that ain't happening for at least a while.

The majority of people in this country don't play a full 16 game NFL schedule + summer training camp + preseason.

And it isn't just about putting on 20-25 lbs of fat. He needs to put on 20-25 lbs of muscle to be a good run blocker. Unless he uses steroids that ain't happening for at least a while.

This is something i know a little about. He's going to have about 8 months and it's very possible for him to put on 15-20 solid pounds in that time period IF he eats right and is on a proper lifting program. It's going to be a question of how hard he works at it...

This is something i know a little about. He's going to have about 8 months and it's very possible for him to put on 15-20 solid pounds in that time period IF he eats right and is on a proper lifting program. It's going to be a question of how hard he works at it...

Perhaps. Ferguson isn't a bust and I think he'll be an excellent pass blocker, but the Jets could have gotten OT's who were just as good (Whitworth) or better (McNeill) in that second round while getting a franchise QB or top NT at number 4. It's water under the bridge unfortunately as a Jets fan I have to live with the what if's like I always do.

Perhaps. Ferguson isn't a bust and I think he'll be an excellent pass blocker, but the Jets could have gotten OT's who were just as good (Whitworth) or better (McNeill) in that second round while getting a franchise QB or top NT at number 4. It's water under the bridge unfortunately as a Jets fan I have to live with the what if's like I always do.
McNeil's injuries are gonna catch up to him. There is an argument to be made for Cutler at 4 and Whitworth in the 2nd round but thats 2nd guessing. The draft we had was very good. You're asking for perfection.

You say that like he's not using steroids already. He's in the NFL odds are he is.

Archived