moss offered back to minny for a 3rd round pick

GREENSMACKS

It would be interesting because of the Chad connection. But it could be BAD. Really bad.

It would be interesting though:

-See if Chad could keep Moss focused and playing hard

-How would Mangini deal with it

-Coles would actually be the wide receiver who was soft spoken, lol

who was the last super bowl team to win with a huge marquee wr...Holt? but he is not a loud mouth jerk.

Deion Branch is a "huge marquee wr." Just ask him.

Moss for a 3 or 4 sounds okay, but I'm not sure of the cap ramifications. I know we have room, but I'd rather have guys that aren't a luxury. Like the rest of our O and D lines.

who was the last super bowl team to win with a huge marquee wr...Holt? but he is not a loud mouth jerk.

Not to be a jerk or anything... but Hines Ward is a marquee WR. The Bucs had Keyshawn. Just cause the Ravens and Pats were mixed in, doesn't mean that marquee WR's can't win the big one.

Using that arguement, I'd say that you have to have a marquee QB to win the SB, or a marquee MLB.

Seems kind of a strange move to auction off the goods before you switch coaches/FO. Seems like it should be up to the new guys who to keep and who to shed.

There's word out that Art Shell might NOT be fired-from what I heard out of Miami talk radio this morning

Hey NE took a flyer on Corey Dillon and they all said he was a cancer. for a 3rd round pick you are getting a game changing player. When Moss is motivated there is no one better. He is not as destructive as TO is, he just tends to sulk and be non productive. If the team is winning and he is into the game there will be some outrageous acts, an occasional moon, some profanity, but not much at destroying the team like to does. If you cant get a game breaker in the first round, it is worth a flyer. If he does not work out in 6 weeks send him to minny for a 5th and you have not lost a lot.

I think it all boils down to how much Moss would want to win. If that is his major problem with Oakland and he is willing to not always be "the guy" then I think it could work out. But Moss would need to realize that he would not always be the number one WR.

Hey NE took a flyer on Corey Dillon and they all said he was a cancer. for a 3rd round pick you are getting a game changing player. When Moss is motivated there is no one better. He is not as destructive as TO is, he just tends to sulk and be non productive. If the team is winning and he is into the game there will be some outrageous acts, an occasional moon, some profanity, but not much at destroying the team like to does. If you cant get a game breaker in the first round, it is worth a flyer. If he does not work out in 6 weeks send him to minny for a 5th and you have not lost a lot.

I never saw Corey Dillon as a cancer-the guy just got sick of losing with an organization that never cared about winning as much as he did-he ALWAYS gave his all at Cincy-good for Corey getting his chance

Randy Moss is not coming to the Jets. This is a silly discussion, end it please. We have two very good receivers (by receptions they had the best season of any Jets 1-2 WR duo)

Randy heading back to Minnesota would be nothing but GOOD for Tavaris Jackson. He needs someone who can catch the ball at least half the team. Troy Williamson is a bust, even though it's only been 2 years. Travis Taylor I like, but, he's no #1 WR and Marcus Robinson was cut last week. I wonder how the Vikings fans would welcome him back, if at all.

the only way I would do it is if Chad Pennington told Mike T and Eric Mangini that HE wanted it to happen...I would trust Chad on this one-the thing is I have hardly ever heard Chad say a good thing about Randy Moss since he turned pro...

i've never heard him mention moss. what has he said?

Archived