It

SoFlaJets

SoFla note;I thought this one deserved it's own thread...

By Michael Felger/ Patriots Insider

Boston Herald Patriots Beat Columnist

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 - Updated: 02:58 AM EST

FOXBORO - The New York Jets cleared up the AFC playoff picture considerably with their Monday night win at Miami. Now if the final weekend breaks down the way the wise guys in Las Vegas believe it will, the Patriots [team stats]

If this clown thinks the Ravens are more beatable than the Chargers than he is nuts.

I thinK Belly would rather face teh stumbling, inexperienced Phillip Rivers rather than the Veteran McNair. And I dont think the Pats like the match up of Reche Caldwell and Troy Brown against McAlliste, Rolle and Ed Reed. The Chargers secondary can be exploited.

Nobody, I mean nobody wants to catch a hot team in the playoffs, espacially one that is just now learning how high is high. The Jets are that team, they find a way to win and they are just now getting used to that. Oakland will be a very big test for them dispite their record but if they come out on top they will be that much more convinced that they can win in the playoffs. No doubt belly would rather face a rookie QB in Cutler then a Vet QB who just keeps making the plays.

If this clown thinks the Ravens are more beatable than the Chargers than he is nuts.

I thinK Belly would rather face teh stumbling, inexperienced Phillip Rivers rather than the Veteran McNair. And I dont think the Pats like the match up of Reche Caldwell and Troy Brown against McAlliste, Rolle and Ed Reed. The Chargers secondary can be exploited.

He is probably remembering the nearly 400 yards LT has gotten the last two times the Patriots and Chargers have played. Combined scores 62-31. Plus, the problems athletic TEs have given the team over the years.

I think the Ravens is a better match-up in the hopes of a low scoring game.

So there's a scenario where the we get in but the Pats face SD before us?

If things stay the way they are now: Patriots 4th and Jets 6th.

We would get Denver and then San Diego.

The Jets would have the Colts and then Baltimore. Or vice versa if they swap seeds.

This is all manure.

Does anyone here who is not a yahoo think either the Pats or Jets will make it to the SB? Are you all high? Sure, crazy things can happens......but what are the odds? Put it this way - I'm not a beleiver in a Pats SB this year - but I do hope.

This is all manure.

Does anyone here who is not a yahoo think either the Pats or Jets will make it to the SB? Are you all high? Sure, crazy things can happens......but what are the odds? Put it this way - I'm not a beleiver in a Pats SB this year - but I do hope.

You're right, neither of our squads are particularly super bowl caliber (whatever that really means). But, we can all get high and hope for the best.

This is all manure.

no not really Garb but I've watched this game long enough to know one thing-come the playoffs anything can happen-I saw an 18 point underdog win a super bowl with my own two eyes live on TV once upon a time...

I don't think the Pats are good enough anymore to say about any team in the playoff hunt that they would want to face them because it is an easy win. They just don't have it like that anymore.

That is the Patriots in a nutshell.

Could they? Yeah, but.......

Will they? No, but.......

Nothing is out of the realm from a one game beating to a Superbowl run. Ny guess like last year they win one and then lose to a better team.

He is probably remembering the nearly 400 yards LT has gotten the last two times the Patriots and Chargers have played. Combined scores 62-31. Plus, the problems athletic TEs have given the team over the years.

I think the Ravens is a better match-up in the hopes of a low scoring game.

Those are good points, but I really see Rivers having a crap-the-bed game in the playoffs. Belly would eat him up.

Dude, LT torches everyone he plays against LOL so don't feel bad about your D it will happen to the best team.

True.

However, neither of those teams were 13-2 with alot of weapons on offense and defense.

Belicheck would be DUMB to play hard this week.

3rd or 4th seed means nothing really. It's still one home game, and then hit the road. He has a CHANCE to get a BYE WEEK (sort of) this week, and I'd be shocked if he didn't take it. Now if his team WINS doing it, more power to him, but I'd be SHOCKED if you saw much of Brady this week.

Belicheck would be DUMB to play hard this week.

3rd or 4th seed means nothing really. It's still one home game, and then hit the road. He has a CHANCE to get a BYE WEEK (sort of) this week, and I'd be shocked if he didn't take it. Now if his team WINS doing it, more power to him, but I'd be SHOCKED if you saw much of Brady this week.

Right so getting your plaers in a "playing hard" rythm means nothing?

I hope he relaxes and then they will get smoked when they come out slow in the 1st Quarter of round one in the playoffs...

Archived