TV Maps for Week 17..I copied this from another site....pretty kool

Brenjetsfan

In sad news, Bren was arrested this morning for using these maps without the express written consent of the National Football League. Apparently the punishment is they put you into an institution where they brain wash you to become a fan of the Detroit Lions, because there really is no other valid reason to become one.

Here's a stupid question; do the areas in white get no game?

from the site these came from...and it should get major props!

http://www.gribblenation.net/nflmaps

What do the white areas mean?

Welcome to the world of blackout rules. The short answer is: no game at all. This can be due to one of two rules: a) no games can air at the same time as a local team's home game on another network, or B) if a game is blacked out because it doesn't sell out, the network with the doubleheader can only show one game. Don’t shoot the messenger, I think the rules are stupid too.

So I see that the NW corner of Tennessee doesn't consider the Titans to be their home team even though they're the only team in the state. They're showing the Jax@KC game instead of the NE@Ten game. Who determines that?

i believe it is the local station who determines that. if you go to the website he explains it a bit...

I use that site every week. I have a big old-fashioned 10foot satellite dish, and with a few (legal) tricks I can get about 10 Jets games a year even though I live in Michigan.

...Since it's on in South Florida, I'll probably be able to pull it in from a CBS station in the Virgin Islands. ;-)

I can't watch KC again, for gods sakes the big story this weekend is the Jets form last to the playoffs with a question mark a QB, HC, new D and no running game. Living in AZ as a jets fan sucks. that is until they make the Super Bowl next year and play 10 miles from my home.

17-CBS-E.gif

I find this particularly funny, as I have all year: The Titans are broadcasted in two of the largest markets in Texas (San Antonio and Austin) b/c Jerry Jones has his hand in the cookie jar making sure that fans of his beloved Cowboys do not convert to Texans fans. What is even more hysterical, as Troll mentioned, is there are hardly any Texans fans anyway. In fact, most non Cowboy fans are following the Titans b/c of Vince Young.

BTW: Everyone that complains of having to go to the bar to watch games; why not suck it up and get DirecTV? That is what I do; I have not missed a game this year, all from the comfort of my own living room. I am not being critical by any means, but I don't understand? You likely spend enough at the bar per season to cover the cost...so what is the argument?

I started freaking out... (i know Im in fairfield county CT, and always get the JET game on CBS2) but when I first saw the map...

Then I remembered I am going to the game DOH!

Sorry for sharing my moment of stupidity with you all... lol

BTW: Everyone that complains of having to go to the bar to watch games; why not suck it up and get DirecTV? That is what I do; I have not missed a game this year, all from the comfort of my own living room. I am not being critical by any means, but I don't understand? You likely spend enough at the bar per season to cover the cost...so what is the argument?

or you can just listen on the radio for free...

Archived