Both of Herms old and new team make it into the playoffs.

timbok

Don't forget the Eagles, he still must be influencing them too.

of course Doc-he's one of the greatest football minds on par with Paul Brown Sid Gilliam,and Vince Lombardi.In fact Bill Bellichick only WISHES he could have the same impact as Herman Edwards-someday Bill...keep trying

The Jets 5th seed,Chiefs 6th seed.

But the only team he did head coach the tampa buccanners did not make inot the playoffs.

Am I reading something wrong? Does this say that Herm one was the head coach of the Bucs?

The Jets 5th seed,Chiefs 6th seed.

But the only team he did head coach the tampa buccanners did not make inot the playoffs.

He never was a HC for the Bucs. But he did own a chicken Ranch in Tampa.

Looking back at it, Broncos and Bengals each lose in OT to teams playing for nothing but pride, each pissing away chance after chance to win their games. Add in they give him his best possible matchup against his defensively-clueless mentor next week. I'm now certain this POS could be dropped out of 40-story building and land softly on his feet. Having photos of Tagliabue, Marv Lewis and Mike Shanahan and a farm animal works wonders. Herman "3rd Tiebreaker"Edwards is in fact the winner of the 2006 Luckiest Biped Award.

Looking back at it, Broncos and Bengals each lose in OT to teams playing for nothing but pride, each pissing away chance after chance to win thwir games. Add in they give him his best possible matchup against his defensively-clueless mentor next week. I'm now certain this POS could be dropped out of 40-story builidng and land softly on his feet. having photos of Tagliebue, Marv Lewis and Mike Shanahan and a fram animal works wonders. Herman "3rd Tiebreaker"Edwards is in fact the winner of the 2006 Luckiest Biped Award.

lmao! POTW Nom.

I noticed that comment too. How players can refrain from completely trashing him is beyond me.

must be some unwritten code Verde,but if you read between the lines you will understand exactly how they feel about his coaching ethics.I posted a thread yesterday after the game about Chad doing it too with his post game comments when asked about the difference between Mangini and Edwards

Looking back at it, Broncos and Bengals each lose in OT to teams playing for nothing but pride, each pissing away chance after chance to win their games. Add in they give him his best possible matchup against his defensively-clueless mentor next week. I'm now certain this POS could be dropped out of 40-story building and land softly on his feet. Having photos of Tagliabue, Marv Lewis and Mike Shanahan and a farm animal works wonders. Herman "3rd Tiebreaker"Edwards is in fact the winner of the 2006 Luckiest Biped Award.

Some might say he has led a charmed life.

2001: makes the playoffs when his kicker makes a 53 yard fg at the gun.

2002: makes the playoffs when the pats, who have nothing to play for, cvomeback from down 24-14 to beat the dolphins.

2004: makes the playoffs when the steelers, who have nothing to play for, win a game at buffalo while his Jets team is losing in OT at St. Loo, and they back in.

this year: he needs every team in contention in the afc to lose on the final sunday, and you saw what happened.

And dont forget about the Piscarcik fumble when he was a player.

:roll:

Herman Edwards is one of the most overrated coaches in the NFL, maybe the most overrated. The Jets making the playoffs this year has nothing - absolutely nothing - to do with Herm Edwards.

You want to give someone in the old regime credit for the Jets making it give it to Terry Bradway. He drafted Vilma, Kerry Rhodes, Jerricho Cotchery, etc.

All Edwards did in KC was inherit the league's second best RB, one of the best offensive lines and the defense was mostly there. Damon Huard coming in and playing well for Trent Green was more the product of Huard being one of the best back-up QB's in the NFL. Herm knows nothing about offense. Brian Schottenheimer has more knowledge about offense in his pinky than the entire coaching staff in KC.

Archived