You Jets fans don't know how lucky you are!

ice456789

First let me introduce myself; I'm not a Jet's fan, I'm a diehard Cleveland Browns fan. My feelings for the Jets are lukewarm. I like Pennington, and being an FSU alum I enjoy the success that Coles and Washington have been having. And like everyone on this site I HATE the Patriots. I was invited here by 124, who has been a classy participant in the Browns forum that I'm usually on. I just want to talk some football, and maybe I can give you guys an outsider's opinion on your beloved Jets.

All that said, let me tell you how lucky you guys are to have a successful franchise. While you are all over here talking about your team taking their deserved trip to the playoffs, Browns fans are talking about firing coaches and getting rid of players. It's all doom and gloom for us. So for this year I'll be a surrigate Jets fan for the playoffs. You guys are so lucky to have a solid QB, solid WR's, and solid coaching. Your OC has been great, and let me tell you how important that is! Enjoy him while you have him, because if his success continues he'll be a head coach somewhere in a few years. Pennington's recovery from his shoulder injuries seem to be nothing short of miraculous, and he is a big part of your winning. Your rookies on the O-line look like bonefied earth movers and will hopefully give you guys the same production that you saw from Mawae in years past. Talking about the woeful Browns can get so depressing, so it will be a nice break talking about a team going in the other direction (up).

First let me introduce myself; I'm not a Jet's fan, I'm a diehard Cleveland Browns fan. My feelings for the Jets are lukewarm. I like Pennington, and being an FSU alum I enjoy the success that Coles and Washington have been having. And like everyone on this site I HATE the Patriots. I was invited here by 124, who has been a classy participant in the Browns forum that I'm usually on. I just want to talk some football, and maybe I can give you guys an outsider's opinion on your beloved Jets.

All that said, let me tell you how lucky you guys are to have a successful franchise. While you are all over here talking about your team taking their deserved trip to the playoffs, Browns fans are talking about firing coaches and getting rid of players. It's all doom and gloom for us. So for this year I'll be a surrigate Jets fan for the playoffs. You guys are so lucky to have a solid QB, solid WR's, and solid coaching. Your OC has been great, and let me tell you how important that is! Enjoy him while you have him, because if his success continues he'll be a head coach somewhere in a few years. Pennington's recovery from his shoulder injuries seem to be nothing short of miraculous, and he is a big part of your winning. Your rookies on the O-line look like bonefied earth movers and will hopefully give you guys the same production that you saw from Mawae in years past. Talking about the woeful Browns can get so depressing, so it will be a nice break talking about a team going in the other direction (up).

Thanks ICE . The browns are in a bit of turmoil. Mangini being here is a total sense of security knowing things will be handled the right way from clock management to back up linemen. No stones left unturned. And we have a QB with heart and sometimes that goes alot further than having a QB with a rocket arm. The Browns have none of that .

Hop aboard and enjoy our ride .

BTW Baker caught that ball and would have landed in bounds.

Welcome to the site. You know I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the browns, and I'm not really sure why. They are just a team that has gone through so much and you want to see them finally succeed, I mean it seems (from an outsiders POV) that all the pieces are in place for that franchise, they just need to put it all together.

Best of luck next season bro.

Oh and don't forget that you guys did beat us this year, so thats gotta give you a bit of bragging rights here!

Hah, it took exactly 6 minutes for someone to bring up the Baker pass. I'll say this; it sucks that that game was decided by the refs instead of on the field. But our wins are so few and far between, would you take one of them from us even though it wouldn't affect your playoff position? =)

ice, you guys payed us back by beating Herm and the Chefs a few weeks back with your back-up Quarterback after trailing for most of the game. That was freakin' sweet to see the final 2 minutes of that game after the Jets had won (I think that was after the Packer game). Chiefs Suck!

Welcome to the site. You know I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the browns, and I'm not really sure why. They are just a team that has gone through so much and you want to see them finally succeed, I mean it seems (from an outsiders POV) that all the pieces are in place for that franchise, they just need to put it all together.

Best of luck next season bro.

Oh and don't forget that you guys did beat us this year, so thats gotta give you a bit of bragging rights here!

Many people have a soft spot for the Browns, it's called pity. Probably the same feeling you would have for a dying dog with 2 broken legs.

And there will be NO bragging by me on this site. The way we won that game was not something to brag about.

BTW, give us the skinny on your Browns. What is the root of the problem? They seem to have good talent. RAC seems to be a good coach. So what gives?

Where to start? The O-line is awful. My mother could get a sack against our O-line. That's where it all begins. Our offensive playcalling has rivalled Oakland for the worst in the league. Even after firing our OC halfway through the season, it still sucks. We have a decent running game that can get over 4 yards per carry, but we averaged about 16 rushing attempts per game vs. 35 pass attempts. Our WR's couldn't catch a cold. Our QB is not an NFL starter. Frye is like Michael Vick without the speed. He doesn't read his checkdowns. If the primary receiver is covered, he'll tuck the ball or heave it into coverage. He also doesn't have pocket awareness and throws twice as many picks in the redzone as he does TD's. Our defense is average, but they are on the field 70% of the time because of the turnovers and pass wacky offense. Not to mention we have 10 guys on injured reserve; 2 starting CB's, a few LB's, plenty of special teams, a QB, and some O-line. In fact, our free agent gem center went down for the season on the first snap of OTA's. His backup then retired because he didn't want to be a starter. His backup ended up on IR. His backup didn't know how to snap the ball so we got the backup center from the Iggles and made him our starter. We went through 5 centers before it was all over. Then the players started getting upset with each other because they were sick of losing. That's a brief synopsis of our major issues.

Hmm I don't think the browns are in as bad a shape as you seem to... You have a pretty good oline when your guys come back next year, a legit no 1 WR a good TE and some talent on D. If you could bring in a QB whos better then frye you probably have the makings of a playoff team next year...

Welcome.

It looks like we got the good Belichick pupil.

Romeo isnt the sharpest knife in drawer.

i heard if romeo is fired that mangini might go after him for DC job. and about the browns you dont need more talent you guys need luck over ther bad luck for you guys after bad luck. kinda like cinci of before. maybe if u draft a solid QB to turn things around. plus it doesn't help when your in a division with stiller, ravens and bengals

i heard if romeo is fired that mangini might go after him for DC job. and about the browns you dont need more talent you guys need luck over ther bad luck for you guys after bad luck. kinda like cinci of before. maybe if u draft a solid QB to turn things around. plus it doesn't help when your in a division with stiller, ravens and bengals

it may very well happen. i think romeo may be 2nd choice. i hear if raiders coaching staff gets canned then mangini is poised to bring in his buddy, raiders dc rob ryan as DC.

it may very well happen. i think romeo may be 2nd choice. i hear if raiders coaching staff gets canned then mangini is poised to bring in his buddy, raiders dc rob ryan as DC.

I have to say SouthernJet that that very thought was going through my mind when Mangini and Ryan had what looked to be quite a protracted commiserations/congratulations post-game handshake and hug.

Rob Ryan as our DC? THATwould be a great aquisition-Romeo would prolly go back to Belichick but if not, would be a welcome addition I'm sure-Sutton could slide back over to LBers coach again

Archived