is this guy our NT next year?

harris5214

I liked him. From camp reports and what he did in the preseason before he got hurt he seemed pretty decent. I don't think he will beat Robertson, but he should compete with Moore and whoever else they bring in to be part of the rotation.

Mike T indicated yesterday that Robertson might be moved to end.

They also have Pouha on the roster yet. He also has great size, and was in shape last season before he was hurt.

I liked him. From camp reports and what he did in the preseason before he got hurt he seemed pretty decent. I don't think he will beat Robertson, but he should compete with Moore and whoever else they bring in to be part of the rotation.

From the limited time i saw Tui in action, i thought the defense looked more cohesive when he was in there, not so much because he was so good, but because he did something a NT should do: tie up the interior of the OL.

Interestingly, they hid the DL on the far side of the field for much of tc, so it was hard to get a closeup look at them unless you were in the VIP section.

Though Pouha was in better shape last summer (round was not an acceptable shape!), he still may have just been a JAG even if he wasnt injured.

From the limited time i saw Tui in action, i thought the defense looked more cohesive when he was in there, not so much because he was so good, but because he did something a NT should do: tie up the interior of the OL.

Interestingly, they hid the DL on the far side of the field for much of tc, so it was hard to get a closeup look at them unless you were in the VIP section.

Though Pouha was in better shape last summer (round was not an acceptable shape!), he still may have just been a JAG even if he wasnt injured.

Maybe you should pony up the $55 next year. ;) Your reports were some of what I was basing my opinion on. He played in the Tampa game, right? I saw some tape of him when I was home, but I can't remember when/where.

They also have Pouha on the roster yet. He also has great size, and was in shape last season before he was hurt.

Agree with Cane on Pouha. He hasn't shown me much. Being in good shape doesn't mean you can play. Can't see going into camp with this group and expecting to move Robertson to end unless it's on a play by play basis. No reason to expect anything out of Pouha - even if he's okay, good chance he'll get hurt again.

Why did we let Titus Adams go, he was our 7th round pick last year and thought he had some promise?

We didn't let Titus Adams go. He was on the practice squad and the Giants signed him to the active roster. That's the danger of hiding guys on the practice squad. You can't block that. Also, the player gets a nice little bump in salary. I think they liked Adams, but he wasn't ready to be active.

Maybe you should pony up the $55 next year. ;) Your reports were some of what I was basing my opinion on. He played in the Tampa game, right? I saw some tape of him when I was home, but I can't remember when/where.

I figured that, so I reiterated what my impression was of him.

No thanks on the VIP section. I'm happy hanging near the Turkey Hill ice cream truck and the merchandise tent with the MILFs.

:P

Tui is not a Jet

he was released with an injury settlement

when that happens 9 out of 10 times it means his NFL career is done

btw bit, what do you know about these injury settlements?

How much do you think he got?

What about that guy Adrian MacPherson who got hit by the golf cart?

What do you think he got for his injury settlement?

honestly jetcane that's a great question and one that i don't know the answer to... i will ask around and see what i can come up with. Just a gut instinct i'd bet it's something in the 10k range.

Wow, that's all?

The subject came up on a Hurricane board a couple of weeks ago when the story broke that MacPherson was suing the Titans for their mascot's negligence. We were discussing what his claim would be worth, since the only medical evidence of injury was a bruised knee.

I suspect that if his case went to trial (which it wont- it will probably settle at some point), then any amount A.D. received for his injury settlement from the Saints would be deducted from the jury award.

10K- that's really a low amount.

mcperhson probably got more cause he was on the roster - Tui wasn't that's who i was thinking about for 10k.

even if McPherson got 100k his career is probably over that's millions

Actually he was traded to another arena team after his accident. I dont know if he played or will play next season, but the fact that another team traded for his services suggests he may not be done.

I also didnt see him making the Saints final cut, but hey, you never know.

DRob would be an improvement over Kimo and would justify his salary but would need an improvement over DRob as NT and dont think Jets have that on roster right now

But I like it if they could find the NT

Could be, but none of us really got to see him... so only Mangini knows that...

If we draft a NT prospect in the draft, then obvioulsy they dont think he can be the guy or at least they arent very sure of it...

anyone else out there praying we find a good DT in the draft? I mean if we find one there, and/or sign another good one. All of a sudden our Defense won't struggle so bad to stop the run.

Once we stop the run consistantly, I believe Mangini will be able to call a more 'complete' game. where as now it seems we need the backers leaning forwards since they have to help out so damn much.

Anyway, I think DT = BEAUTIFUL!

Archived