German Shepherds

Barton

Huh? Did you erase 2004 from your memory? We had the league's leading rusher and a top ten defense, and Chad led us to a fantastic 3 points in the divisional playoffs.

Ah but like you penned todays Colts-Ravens game, couldn't that have been considered a defensive struggle? I guess that doesn't apply when bashing Pennington. Besides, Only Brady and almost nobody else had success against the 04 Steeler defense.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah but like you penned todays Colts-Ravens game, couldn't that have been considered a defensive struggle? I guess that doesn't apply when bashing Pennington. Besides, Only Brady and almost nobody else had success against the 04 Steeler defense.

The quarterbacks job is score more points than the opposing team. If they are scoring touchdowns, then you had better match them with 6 points, not 3.

The defense' job is to give up less points than the offense scores.

If the other team's defense is stopping them in the red zone and forcing fgs, then the defense has to match that.

The defense gave up 26 points. Chad handed the Pats an additional 10 points.

If Chad gets us into the end zone even ONCE, instead of kicking the three field goals, it is a one possession game without his mistakes. If he gets us in twice, we have the lead.

Both Chad and the defense cost us the game.

If Chad gets us into the end zone even ONCE, instead of kicking the three field goals, it is a one possession game without his mistakes. If he gets us in twice, we have the lead.

Your right.

And there is a but...

Chad would not have been forcing that throw that went for a pick 6 if the defense had not blown it all day, that throw was borderline garbage time...

Either way the whole tema under performed and the Pats took us to school... hopefully they payed attention...

But getting outrushed 158 to 70 had nothing to do with it?

Our rushing game was getting into a rythym prior to Chad's lateral. It is also hard for the rushing game to do much whenever the defense does not respect your QB's arm.

Hahaha so now you are saying our running game would be better with a different QB? That is rediculous - the running game sucks because the OL is young or ****ty, and the RB's are terrible. The running game never got going all year because it is horrible and if good at running the ball you allow that to set the tone from the begining of the game. It is also hard to throw the ball when no one respects your running game.

Hahaha so now you are saying our running game would be better with a different QB? That is rediculous - the running game sucks because the OL is young or ****ty, and the RB's are terrible. The running game never got going all year because it is horrible and if good at running the ball you allow that to set the tone from the begining of the game. It is also hard to throw the ball when no one respects your running game.

It's kinda laughable how the Chad haters spin the game into it being CP's fault. Giving up 30 points on defense, failing to establish a running game, unable to stop NE on third down, giving up sustained, time consuming drives, but it comes down to "if" CP got us two touchdowns instead of FGs.

I'm glad the CS doesnt select the starters based on the haters illogical spin.

It's kinda laughable how the Chad haters spin the game into it being CP's fault. Giving up 30 points on defense, failing to establish a running game, unable to stop NE on third down, giving up sustained, time consuming drives, but it comes down to "if" CP got us two touchdowns instead of FGs.

I'm glad the CS doesnt select the starters based on the haters illogical spin.

Dude, do you even read my ****ing posts?

Show me one god damn post where I said "Chad Pennington is 100% to blame for the playoff loss" and I will never, ever post on this site again.

Dude, do you even read my ****ing posts?

Show me one god damn post where I said "Chad Pennington is 100% to blame for the playoff loss" and I will never, ever post on this site again.

You are no less of a CP hater because you dont explicitly say it's all

his fault, Nor did i say you said that, did I?

Chad did not do his job, and he isn't absolved of blame just because he threw for 300 yards in a 21-point loss.

Keep chewing on it, if that's what gets you though the off-season.

Our rushing game was getting into a rythym prior to Chad's lateral. It is also hard for the rushing game to do much whenever the defense does not respect your QB's arm.

Troll-You honestly believe that "the running game was getting rhythm"?

It was gadget plays that gained yards on teh ground. It was NEVER a running game that blew and controoled the LOS.

To say that the running game had rhythm would be a misrepresentation of what happened on the field.

Yes and its not ridiculous. Its football 101.

If we had a QB who defenses respected his ability to beat them deep, or 30 yards down the middle of the field do you think they would play up close to the line with 8 men 90% of the game against our running backs (Leon/Ced/Barlow)

No, they definetly would not. Defenses would never stack 8 in the box against the likes of Leon or Barlow, if they had any fears of the QB beating them deep. That is football 101, its very simple.

Its very hard to run the ball when nobody respects your passing game.

the problem wasn't with the offense last week it was the total inability of the DEFENSE to get the Patriots off the feild-Letting Brady convert 13 out of 16 3rd downs is no kind of winning defense ESPECIALLY in the playoffs.Chad threw for 300 friggin yards for God's sake-let it go will ya?

Yes and its not ridiculous. Its football 101.

If we had a QB who defenses respected his ability to beat them deep, or 30 yards down the middle of the field do you think they would play up close to the line with 8 men 90% of the game against our running backs (Leon/Ced/Barlow)

No, they definetly would not. Defenses would never stack 8 in the box against the likes of Leon or Barlow, if they had any fears of the QB beating them deep. That is football 101, its very simple.

You have it backwards Barton. The first thing you need to do well in order to win is run the ball. Even against 8 in the box. And it's very hard to Pass the ball to nearly impossible when no one respects your running game. Even the great John Elway couldn't win without a well established running game.

You have it backwards Barton. The first thing you need to do well in order to win is run the ball. Even against 8 in the box. And it's very hard to Pass the ball to nearly impossible when no one respects your running game. Even the great John Elway couldn't win without a well established running game.

You mean there are teams who set up the pass with the run?

You can do that? LMAO !

of course he has it bass ackwards

It's not hard to pass when nobody respects your running game?

TX at it again at JI

PatsFanTX

Hall Of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetman73

The Miami Dolphins are letting the entire NFL know that they feel Chad's success

Other than playing all 16 games for the first time in his career, what "success" did PennyBoy have this season?

He threw almost as many interceptions as TD passes and only was able to beat one team that had a winning record.

TX at it again at JI

PatsFanTX

Hall Of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetman73

The Miami Dolphins are letting the entire NFL know that they feel Chad's success

Other than playing all 16 games for the first time in his career, what "success" did PennyBoy have this season?

He threw almost as many interceptions as TD passes and only was able to beat one team that had a winning record.

glad he's gone...sorry because I LIKE the guy-but it just started getting really old around here where there are more mature and serious posters most of the time.It started to get almost like going to a Karoke bar and watching the same drunk sing My Way over and over again week after week "not THIS guy again-can't he learn any new songs?"

glad he's gone...sorry because I LIKE the guy-but it just started getting really old around here where there are more mature and serious posters most of the time.It started to get almost like going to a Karoke bar and watching the same drunk sing My Way over and over again week after week "not THIS guy again-can't he learn any new songs?"

POTW.

You mean like

And now, the end is near;

And so I face the final curtain.

My friend, Ill say it clear,

Ill state my case, of which Im certain.

Ive lived a life thats full.

Ive traveled each and evry highway;

And more, much more than this,

I did it my way.

Regrets, Ive had a few;

But then again, too few to mention.

I did what I had to do

And saw it through without exemption.

I planned each charted course;

Each careful step along the byway,

But more, much more than this,

I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, Im sure you knew

When I bit off more than I could chew.

But through it all, when there was doubt,

I ate it up and spit it out.

I faced it all and I stood tall;

And did it my way.

Ive loved, Ive laughed and cried.

Ive had my fill; my share of losing.

And now, as tears subside,

I find it all so amusing.

To think I did all that;

And may I say - not in a shy way,

No, oh no not me,

I did it my way.

For what is a man, what has he got?

If not himself, then he has naught.

To say the things he truly feels;

And not the words of one who kneels.

The record shows I took the blows -

And did it my way!

You mean like

And now, the end is near;

And so I face the final curtain.

My friend, Ill say it clear,

Ill state my case, of which Im certain.

Ive lived a life thats full.

Ive traveled each and evry highway;

And more, much more than this,

I did it my way.

Regrets, Ive had a few;

But then again, too few to mention.

I did what I had to do

And saw it through without exemption.

I planned each charted course;

Each careful step along the byway,

But more, much more than this,

I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, Im sure you knew

When I bit off more than I could chew.

But through it all, when there was doubt,

I ate it up and spit it out.

I faced it all and I stood tall;

And did it my way.

Ive loved, Ive laughed and cried.

Ive had my fill; my share of losing.

And now, as tears subside,

I find it all so amusing.

To think I did all that;

And may I say - not in a shy way,

No, oh no not me,

I did it my way.

For what is a man, what has he got?

If not himself, then he has naught.

To say the things he truly feels;

And not the words of one who kneels.

The record shows I took the blows -

And did it my way!

I kinda like Sid Vicious' lyrical version..."to think I killed a CAT and may I say not in a shy waaay"

C-ya loser

You are a Chad hater

Also, in '04 Chad played with a torn RC for just about the entire season.....when Cumart lead the league in rushing. Lame arguement

Don't worry. I will leave as soon as:

1.) Our offense is more powerful than the Colts

or

2.) You get a prediction right.

You mean there are teams who set up the pass with the run?

You can do that? LMAO !

of course he has it bass ackwards

It's not hard to pass when nobody respects your running game?

No I dont. In order to set up the pass with the run you have to first be able to pass the ball (downfield).

You cant set up the pass with the run if you cant pass the ball. Pennington doesnt get any respect from defenses, so they stack the box and make sure our backs dont beat them.

And after the defense sees its not a run play, they dont back up and protect themselves from the deep ball, they just swamp the middle of the field and play close to the line of scrimmage to limit the WRs YAC on slants and screens. Its part of the reason our TEs never get big plays in the passing game.

Anybody remember the last slant from Chad to a WR that actually picked up more than 5 yards? Yeah, me neither.

No I dont. In order to set up the pass with the run you have to first be able to pass the ball (downfield).

You cant set up the pass with the run if you cant pass the ball. Pennington doesnt get any respect from defenses, so they stack the box and make sure our backs dont beat them.

And after the defense sees its not a run play, they dont back up and protect themselves from the deep ball, they just swamp the middle of the field and play close to the line of scrimmage to limit the WRs YAC on slants and screens. Its part of the reason our TEs never get big plays in the passing game.

Anybody remember the last slant from Chad to a WR that actually picked up more than 5 yards? Yeah, me neither.

Go watch the tape again. The games Chad struggled in were against teams that didn't stack the box - but forced Chad to throw the 20 yard out. You can't force a QB to do that if you have a great running game. You have it ass backwards.

Go watch the tape again. The games Chad struggled in were against teams that didn't stack the box - but forced Chad to throw the 20 yard out. You can't force a QB to do that if you have a great running game. You have it ass backwards.

I saw defenses having 8 in the box nearly all game long, only on obvious passing downs like 3rd and 9 did they not have 8 in the box, and of course, they just did what you said. They took away everything within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage, and of course chad couldnt do jack sh#t.

Every 1st and 10 had 8 guys in the box, and nobody playing deep safety. Pathetic.

I saw defenses having 8 in the box nearly all game long, only on obvious passing downs like 3rd and 9 did they not have 8 in the box, and of course, they just did what you said. They took away everything within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage, and of course chad couldnt do jack sh#t.

Every 1st and 10 had 8 guys in the box, and nobody playing deep safety. Pathetic.

I didn't see that at all and I doubt a DC would do that. What do they fear Houston?

Chad can throw the ball deep, just not with ZIP... if the sceanario your presenting was the case this season we would have seen him at least lob it up there every 1st down to Coles who would smoke past the corner with no safety deep... Your making it sound to simple, also a lot of the time when a safety creep up its merely a fake blitz.

I can remember a lot of times where Chad had nowhere to go with the ball this year becuase they were playing double cover on both sides of the field, NOBODY feared our run game and it hurt us more than the lack of Chad being able to put Zip on a 40 yard pass.

With any QB, whether it is Chad or Brady... a running game is KEY to being effective...

Chad would have been better with a true #1 RB.

I didn't see that at all and I doubt a DC would do that. What do they fear Houston?

They kill 2 birds with 1 stone by playing 8 guys in the box.

Example:

Defense plays 8 men in the box on 1st down. They stuff the run.

2nd and long, 8 men in the box, it will be with the Jets current offense as we have all seen, either a short pass or another run. Neither play will get signifcant yardage.

Thats why the Jets drives take forever and ever to score, and why we never comeback when trailing by more than a touchdown score. Chad does not show the ability to beat a team with 1 punch.

Mangini loves his boxing analagoys. Well Chad as a QB, is like a boxer who only throws a jab punch, keeps jabbing and jabbing, beats up on the smaller opponents, but never knocks out any of the big contenders.

Example:

2nd and long, 8 men in the box, it will be with the Jets current offense as we have all seen, either a short pass or another run. Neither play will get signifcant yardage.

Thats why the Jets drives take forever and ever to score, and why we never comeback when trailing by more than a touchdown score. Chad does not show the ability to beat a team with 1 punch.

Mangini loves his boxing analagoys. Well Chad as a QB, is like a boxer who only throws a jab punch, keeps jabbing and jabbing, beats up on the smaller opponents, but never knocks out any of the big contenders.

Problem is they didn't stack 8 in the box on first and second down like you said. But even if they did it is an indication of how weak the whole offense is not the QB.

Barton, Who had the worst wapons on offense in the 2007 playoffs?

Example:

Chad = Glass Joe

Archived