Delusional Phish Fans Giddy over the idea of B.Schott as HC

Smizzy

Actually we're hoping to steal Schottenheimer as an assistant head coach/offensive coordinator with Cam Cameron the coach and retaining Capers as our defensive coordinator. That seems to be the closest thing to a consensus we can get. If Cameron falls through however we would be willing to roll the dice with your boy wonder and if he craps out we go after Jeff Fisher or Cowher next year

Actually we're hoping to steal Schottenheimer as an assistant head coach/offensive coordinator with Cam Cameron the coach and retaining Capers as our defensive coordinator. That seems to be the closest thing to a consensus we can get. If Cameron falls through however we would be willing to roll the dice with your boy wonder and if he craps out we go after Jeff Fisher or Cowher next year

I don't think Schott would go to be OC on Miami with an offensive HC. The assistant HC title doesn't mean that much. In NY he can run the offense like he wants, Miami would be a lateral move to a lesser team.

I don't think Schott would go to be OC on Miami with an offensive HC. The assistant HC title doesn't mean that much. In NY he can run the offense like he wants, Miami would be a lateral move to a lesser team.

IN fact, the assistant HC title is not enough to allow an OC to move. The NFL recognized it was an empty label. A position coach can move freely to a coordinator(or if you're foolish and hire a DB coach as your HC for example)and a coordinator can move up to HC.

DUngy apparently made half his staff AHCs, notgthat a certain DB coach could find his own rear end in a phone booth with his hands on his hips and a roadmap. Edwards, you may recall, was DB coach/assistant HC at Tampa. Which was a f****in' joke and a half. Only other guys who moved up for position to HC were Tice( also a huge mistake) and Andy Reaid, who as QB coach was acting as OC most of the time anyway.

Bottom line-Brian isn't leaving the Jets unless he gets the top job. If he does, good luck. Someday he's going to leave. We're lucky to have him for now.

I've expressed this and hope he stays...

For the major reason of the tutoring of Kellen Clemens. We all know Schotty was high on him for the draft and with another full offseason if getting this system under Schotty will be very beneficial.

If he doesn't get this job, i'm pretty sure that Schotty will get a job next season as a head coach. So I would like to see some sort of QB coach brought in to possibly groom as the OC replacement...

Would be nice but not only can you NOT do that, why the hell would he want to leave for the exact same job on a team thats falling apapart... when he is on a team that is on the rise???

It really shows your just flat out dreaming....

IN fact, the assistant HC title is not enough to allow an OC to move. The NFL recognized it was an empty label. A position coach can move freely to a coordinator(or if you're foolish and hire a DB coach as your HC for example)and a coordinator can move up to HC.

DUngy apparently made half his staff AHCs, notgthat a certain DB coach could find his own rear end in a phone booth with his hands on his hips and a roadmap. Edwards, you may recall, was DB coach/assistant HC at Tampa. Which was a f****in' joke and a half. Only other guys who moved up for position to HC were Tice( also a huge mistake) and Andy Reaid, who as QB coach was acting as OC most of the time anyway.

Bottom line-Brian isn't leaving the Jets unless he gets the top job. If he does, good luck. Someday he's going to leave. We're lucky to have him for now.

If we can't get him by offering the assistant head coach job then there is almost zero chance we take him. He's too young and inexperienced to be coach. With Cowher and Fisher available next year I wouldnt be opposed to the hiring since we could cut our losses right away if it didnt turn out right but there are safer candidates out there

If we can't get him by offering the assistant head coach job then there is almost zero chance we take him. He's too young and inexperienced to be coach. With Cowher and Fisher available next year I wouldnt be opposed to the hiring since we could cut our losses right away if it didnt turn out right but there are safer candidates out there

Truth be told, someday, if not this season next year, he's leaving for a HC job and he will be missed. He's the kind of guy that, age be damned, you should jump on him for your HC job and not look back.Going with the "safer" retread candidates is really pointless. Guy grew up around the NFL and knows what he's doing. He looked at what he had in Pennington, what he could do, what he had at RB, and designed ther offense to maxmize their abilities and limit their downside. When he was hired there was a lot of "Son of Marty" grumbling, and it was all unfounded. When he does leave, Mangini and Tannebaum are going to be hard-pressed to get as good a repalcement, though I'm confident they know what they're doing.

I've expressed this and hope he stays...

For the major reason of the tutoring of Kellen Clemens. We all know Schotty was high on him for the draft and with another full offseason if getting this system under Schotty will be very beneficial.

If he doesn't get this job, i'm pretty sure that Schotty will get a job next season as a head coach. So I would like to see some sort of QB coach brought in to possibly groom as the OC replacement...

Why do you think Schottenheimer was so high on Clemens pre-draft? Weren't the Jets trying to trade back up for Cutler? I think they just took Clemens cause they thought he was decent and needed another qb in case Pennington was totally shot.

Truth be told, someday, if not this season next year, he's leaving for a HC job and he will be missed. He's the kind of guy that, age be damned, you should jump on him for your HC job and not look back.Going with the "safer" retread candidates is really pointless. Guy grew up around the NFL and knows what he's doing. He looked at what he had in Pennington, what he could do, what he had at RB, and designed ther offense to maxmize their abilities and limit their downside. When he was hired there was a lot of "Son of Marty" grumbling, and it was all unfounded. When he does leave, Mangini and Tannebaum are going to be hard-pressed to get as good a repalcement, though I'm confident they know what they're doing.

Actually I gotta back track, he just made the final four with Timlin, Cameron and Gailey. Who knows, maybe Wayne is shedding his conservative ways?

He'd go from leaving a team with an upcoming offensive line and two solid wide recievers to go to a team with a good RB and no good QBs

What is Schott, 32? That is definetly too young. 35 is the cutoff I think. 32 is just too young, and I dout Schott gets the job anyways.

The f'n pats win 2 SBs and still kept Charlie Weis for a 3rd go around, and now Schott could leave after 1 facking season as our OC and not even coach the QB he drafted. Thats messed up.

What is Schott, 32? That is definetly too young. 35 is the cutoff I think. 32 is just too young, and I dout Schott gets the job anyways.

The f'n pats win 2 SBs and still kept Charlie Weis for a 3rd go around, and now Schott could leave after 1 facking season as our OC and not even coach the QB he drafted. Thats messed up.

That is the price you pay for winning the Superbowl. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

That is the price you pay for winning the Superbowl. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Yeah you guys won Super Bowls, what did we win? We didn't even get a playoff win, how is our OC somehow a hot commodity? I didn't even know we had a top 10 offense or anything, you'd think an OC would have to pump out a top offense.

vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:

Troll

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

I am having some technical difficulties reading this stuff....with that said..if B Schott doesn't get the HC position he will not leave to become ''an assistant''..that would be dumb..he would be better off staying with the Jets and building his resume up..

Smizzy is that a little bit of Jealousy that you may lose your coach or what bro?

No Im pretty sure he was just making fun of you....

Shotty can be replaced, thats the type of coach we have now...

What do you care? Shotty or not your still only winning 6 games next year...

Nice. But I was referring to your own coach saying the quarterback competition is wide open for next year.

That is just Mangini's style.All positions are ALWAYS open to competition.Chad could win the Superbowl and will still have to EARN his job the following season.What a novel concept..................:)

I give up, I am trying talk football with you and you want to turn this into a smackfest.

Sorry, its just your a dolphins fan... it feels so right...

Honestly I would be very upset if you took Shotty, he was great for us this year.

I give up, I am trying talk football with you and you want to turn this into a smackfest.

There is an ignore feature here I believe. Now you know why.

Anyway, I agree Nick was a bad move. I think someone should be able to come in a rebuild the phins quickly.

Archived