SD RB Michael Turner Thread { Merged 8X }

Clemens&theJets

well its obvious you haven't seen him, because you would know he doesn't just play in garbage time, he gives lt alot of breaks and he is even better at some things that lt is...

the announcers even said last night that the coaches use turner in short yardage duty because he is alot better running inside the tackles than lt is, and lt is not bad at taht.

watch the games or shut up.

well if the announcers even said it......I apologize,he did have 3 carries yesterday,"a lot of breaks."

p.s

I haven't said one word the whole time I've been typing,very mature though,OK,I'll shut up.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

full.getty-71465495jn016_san_diego_cha_7_34_22_pm.jpg

Bring him to NY...

That whole "watch the game or shut up" thing was pretty dumb... the whole point of the "NFL Forum" here is that you dont need to spend your entire life watching football you can catch up on it here without being jumped on for not watching the game...

TURNER IS A BEAST

Derrick Blaylock was never supposed to be the next starting running back here can you people who claim he was supposed to be quit with that argument? Derrick Blaylock was brought in here to be the next LaMont Jordan as a change of pace back for Curtis, he was NEVER supposed to be the future. What gave you the impression that he was brought into be the future?

That whole "watch the game or shut up" thing was pretty dumb... the whole point of the "NFL Forum" here is that you dont need to spend your entire life watching football you can catch up on it here without being jumped on for not watching the game...

TURNER IS A BEAST

I know,EVEN the announcers said it!

Derrick Blaylock was never supposed to be the next starting running back here can you people who claim he was supposed to be quit with that argument? Derrick Blaylock was brought in here to be the next LaMont Jordan as a change of pace back for Curtis, he was NEVER supposed to be the future. What gave you the impression that he was brought into be the future?

Also Derrick Blaylock was signed by Terry Bradway. If I need to go into this further I will but I assume that is enough.

who exactly are "you people"? I don't see anyone making that claim.

Whenever Turner is mentioned people us Blaylock as a reason why we shouldnt get him...

Blaylock was a backup with some upside

Turner is a backup with some upside...

Easy to compare, but they seem worlds apart in their ability...

Its OK to do it though its VERY similar situations...

Blaylock was playing behind holmes when holmes got hurt in 04'

He had 539 Yards (4.6 ypc) 8TD's

So people think the same thing will happen with turner...

I've seen a few people in this 25 page long thread and other threads claiming that Blaylock was brought here like he was supposed to be a future starter here and he was not brought here for that reason.

I think we should try to get turner with one of our 2nd rounders. It would be stupid not to even try. With all of the picks and cap room we would still be able to improve the d-line pick up a good corner, improve the o-line and get a big blocking fb. I don't know about a first rounder but he looks like he is worth one of our second rounders. Who could we pick up who could possibly make that much of an impact on our team next year?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
hate to piss on the bonefire but with all the extra cap room floating around the league why wouldn't SD hang onto turner? a lot of teams are utilizing 2 backs now and LT/MT are a ferocious punch. if SD dumps MT and LT goes down they are fuct with their WRs.

Because Turner can leave after next season and leave the Chargers with jack ****. They have the GOAT lined up in the backfield already. It would be kind of foolish if they could trade his backup for a 1st-round pick and instead choose to hold onto him for another year of 80 carries and get nothing in return when he walks after the season.

Because Turner can leave after next season and leave the Chargers with jack ****. They have the GOAT lined up in the backfield already. It would be kind of foolish if they could trade his backup for a 1st-round pick and instead choose to hold onto him for another year of 80 carries and get nothing in return when he walks after the season.

i mean re-sign him ala betts on the skins.

I could see giving up a 2nd round pick for Turner at the most. If Tanenbaum gives up our first though I would be very disappointed. Especially with all the talent out there at the position this year.

Well if we can give up the Skins 2nd rounder its really not much of a stretch to be OK with giving up our 1st... they really arent that far apart...

Well if we can give up the Skins 2nd rounder its really not much of a stretch to be OK with giving up our 1st... they really arent that far apart...

That second would be the absolute end of the line and I really wouldn't even want to give that up.

Our first 2nd round pick and our 1st round pick are only 11 picks apart... so if we would spend the first 2nd rounder on him why wouldnt we jump up only 11 picks? Unless there is someone that will be at #25 who is better than Turner and wouldnt be around 11 picks later...

Our first 2nd round pick and our 1st round pick are only 11 picks apart... so if we would spend the first 2nd rounder on him why wouldnt we jump up only 11 picks? Unless there is someone that will be at #25 who is better than Turner and wouldnt be around 11 picks later...

So the question is: is there someone at 25 that could have a bigger impact than turner? who?

Kevin Barlow can be decent him and Leon combo. As long as I don't have to see Cedric Houston in the mix and Blaylock i'm cool. Lets be honest Houston can't play another waste of space. Barlow was hurt all year i'd pencil him in for 1,200 next year with us. But if we can get Turner it's a no brainer got to do it the guy is the inbetween the tackles guy we need to help our QB out.

Off topic but maybe we can get Magahee theres alot of talk they are going to give up on him in rough buff. I'd love a bruising back like that around here.

If he gets 25 touches a game he should get that easily look what he did to the Pats. Ran right threw them.

mauer.gif

He had 75 yard vs the Pats on 17 carries

He had 35 yards on 13 carries against the Colts (you know the team everyone ran all over during the RS)

Archived