SD RB Michael Turner Thread { Merged 8X }

Clemens&theJets

He's had 2 carries.. 2 carries doesn't make him a RB who can carry the load.

People don't think Washington can carry the ball 25 times a game. How do we know Turner can carry 25 times a game?

Like I said, a 3rd round pick for him probably wouldn't be that bad.

But a 1st and a 3rd is just a bad move.

It will cost a THRID and a FIRST.

I thought it was just a 1st?

Regardless, he looks like a guy who can carry the load.

He has done it before when LT was injured.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When has Turner carried the load?

He had about 20 carries his first year, 50+ his second year and about 80 this year.

That is not carrying the load. In a 16 game season, even with 80 carries this year, that avgs to about 6.5 carries a game.

That is nowhere near carrying a load.

He might be able to do it, but the fact is, Washington might be able to do it too. I'm not sold on a guy who averages about 6 carries a game over a guy who has gotten 20 carries in a game this season.

A 1st and 3rd round pick is not worth a 5th round pick who avgs 6 carries a game in his career.

So the fact that Tomlinson went to TCU prevented him from being a high draft pick? If he was really that good he would have been drafted much higher. People need to stop going crazy.

Being a great college back solidifies your NFL future? Right.

Michael Turner: 2 carries, 23 yards, TD

If you give up a 1st and a 3rd it is more like trading up to take a RB.

They didn't do it for Reggie Bush last year, why would you do it for Michael Turner this year?

You are the only person that keeps repeating "1st and third" "1st and third".

It ain't gonna cost that much. The Chargers are not stupid. If they accept nothing less than a first and third, then he will remain a Charger, then leave for nothing the next season. This isn't Terry Bradway and this isn't Lamont Jordan. They aren't going to let him walk for free, they are going to get something while they can.

According to you?

If teams think he's this great RB like most of these Jets fans do, that will mean the Chargers know this.

Last time I checked, the Chargers got Merriman, Rivers, and a few other draft picks for Eli Manning.

Don't think the Chargers are stupid either.

I don't think Turner is worth a 1st round pick.

He was drafted in the 5th round. He's played 3 complete seasons and hasn't really done anything. 150 carries in 3 full seasons is basically 50 carries a year.

So a kid who was drafted in the 5th round, hasn't done much in his career, is not worth a 1st round draft pick.

att:3 yards:24 ave:8 td:1 long:17

Not bad, however it's hard to say anything else because like the season he hasn't carried the lode. I know a lot of you guys are high on this guy. I just can't see giving up a first rounder on this cat. I say we go def with our first three pics and try to find our bruiser like we did with leon. In the later rounds.

WHen people say the guy looked awesome.. Yeah 3 carries equals greatness.

He might be a decent back, but if it costs the jets more than a 3rd round draft pick, he's just not worth it.

Exactly, I looked it up and I think the most carries he has had in a game is 13.

For what Running backs and for what draft?

Most RBs have been drafted so therefore, Larry Johnson carried about 35 times in a game this year, avg about 30 per game.

Leon Washington, a guy who people say can't be an overdown back or number 1 back had 15 carries against Oakland and he had 151 carries for the year... 151 carries in his rookie year for a guy in the 4th round who many think can't be a number one back.

Lendale White, a guy who didn't start a game as a rookie this year, had 61 carries.

Reggie Bush had about 150 rushing attempts plus 88 Receptions.

Laurence Maroney had about 175 rushing attempts plus some pass receptions.

Joseph Adai had 226 rushing attempts and some pass receptions.

Deangelo Williams had about 121 rushing attempts and only started like 2 games.

Those are the rookies from last season. Most of these guys already have more carries in one season as a rookie than Turner has had in 3 full seasons.

Yeah LT is the star out in San Diego, but the fact is, if he was worth anything, why was he a 5th round pick and why hasn't anybody been pushing hard to get him in the offseason?

Jets needed a RB. So did the Colts, Pats, Panthers, and so on. Yet those teams choose to draft a RB and start rookie RBs rather than trade for Turner.

I don't know, but it seems Turner is getting a little too much hype for a guy who has had about as many carries in 3 seasons as the above listed rookie RBs had in one season. And a few of these RBs were not even close to being full time starters.

Either way the guy ran for 6 yards a carry, 500 yards on 80 attempts this past season and yesterday had a few good bruising runs. Did you see everything he can bring to the table? No, because I guarentee you weren't watching him at Northern Illinois where I saw him play a few games and the difference between him in college and LaMont Jordan in college is a far, far distance. This man is no LaMont Jordan, he is better, by far, AND he will prove it next season if he lands anywhere but San Diego.

If he is as good as they claim to be why on earth would they let him go. If the Jets give anything more then a third round pick they are retarded. Our first three picks should go on the d side of the ball. Or maybe one of them to guard if he falls.

Why should all our first 3 picks go on the defensive side? Can you give me 3 glaring holes on defense that are more important than Running Back and Right Tackle right now? No, you can't. Running Back SHOULD BE the #1 priority because I'm sick and tired of hearing that Mr. Washington can carry the load because he can't and won't.

Why won't they keep him? Lets see. They will be able to get a lot for him. They already have the best player in the NFL at his position and they don't have the cap space to keep him away from a team that is willing to give him a big 5-7 year deal.

Yes, I can. We have one starting calibur cb, who by the way just got hurt. He should come back with no problems. So we need a cb. We need another de. We got very little production from the one decent one we have. So there is de. Robertson did pick it up at the end so I'm not sure if there is a better nt out there in the draft so I might let that pick go for the first 3 picks. mlb might be another direction we should go. Vilma had a down year. I will cut him some slack playing in a different def. scheme. And I did say we needed to look at the guards in the draft. RT, could use an upgrade. I think leon did a nice job. Not sure if he can carry the load, but read pjam's post he made some good points on the amount of carries some of the rookie rb's had this season.

503 Yards (6.3 YPC) playing behind LT...

Here were Blaylock's #'s the year before we got him,playing behing a pretty good RB:

carries-118yards-539avg.-4.6TD-8

pretty damn good,huh?He went 1.8ypc this year.

I'm not saying he is or isn't good because I haven't really seen him play,but backups get a lot of carries in garbage time when the defense has given up.That 6.3 means crap.

Here were Blaylock's #'s the year before we got him,playing behing a pretty good RB:

I'm not saying he is or isn't good because I haven't really seen him play,but backups get a lot of carries in garbage time when the defense has given up.That 6.3 means crap.

If you havent seen him play...........

The only problem with that analogy is Turner has bowel movements that are larger than Blaylock.

:P

The only problem with that analogy is Turner has bowel movements that are larger than Blaylock.

:P

OK,I see some people are missing the point.The post should be titled "Statistics compiled as a backup running back who never sees the field when it matters because he is playing behind the best player on the team are not credible"

Who it is and how much he weighs really doesn't matter.I also am not giving an opinion on acuiring Turner because,as I said :I've never seen him play,I don't watch other teams in garbage time.

OK,I see some people are missing the point.The post should be titled "Statistics compiled as a backup running back who never sees the field when it matters because he is playing behind the best player on the team are not credible"

Who it is and how much he weighs really doesn't matter.I also am not giving an opinion on acuiring Turner because,as I said :I've never seen him play,I don't watch other teams in garbage time.

well its obvious you haven't seen him, because you would know he doesn't just play in garbage time, he gives lt alot of breaks and he is even better at some things that lt is...

the announcers even said last night that the coaches use turner in short yardage duty because he is alot better running inside the tackles than lt is, and lt is not bad at taht.

watch the games or shut up.

well its obvious you haven't seen him, because you would know he doesn't just play in garbage time, he gives lt alot of breaks and he is even better at some things that lt is...

the announcers even said last night that the coaches use turner in short yardage duty because he is alot better running inside the tackles than lt is, and lt is not bad at taht.

Tell him OK

How old are you? Watch the games or shut up? What is this 5th grade?

Alright everyone -- it is almost nap time.

Lance,

I do understand what you are saying. And I agree he would have to prove he can get it done as the full time guy. I think his running style gives him a better shot than Blaylock did. Especially with the Jets line being what it was this past season.

Archived