SS: Rodney Harrison

Guss Scott

James Sanders

CB: Tyrone Poole

Duane Starks

Asante Samuel

Randall Gay

Ellis Hobbs

The CBs are pretty underwhelming by "rep" but Samuel and Gay are young and battle-tested, and Poole and Starks are both solid looking vets.

FS: Erik Coleman

Kerry Rhodes

SS: Reggie Tongue

Andre Maddox

Jon McGraw

CB: David Barrett

Derrick Strait

Justin Miller

Pete Hunter

Not exactly Lott, Wright, Willamson, and Fuller is it?

Yeah but how can you not like tongue? <wicked> :lol:

IMO, they're dead even. The difference is the Pats ability to get to the passer better than any other team in the league. If Billy-boy didn't have those blitz packages, (I know, a chicken and egg argument), Rodney Harrison and Tyrone Poole would have had to retire two years ago,

Nor is it...

FS: Eugene Wilson

Chad Scott

Dexter Reid

SS: Rodney Harrison

Guss Scott

James Sanders

CB: Tyrone Poole

Duane Starks

Asante Samuel

Randall Gay

Ellis Hobbs

The CBs are pretty underwhelming by "rep" but Samuel and Gay are young and battle-tested, and Poole and Starks are both solid looking vets.

You're safeties are better right now.

But our corners are definetly better

it makes me sick the amount of people on this board who support this "supposed" trade. ray mickens after wayne chrebet is the longest tenured jet on the team. he's done nothing but play his role his entire career during the jets and although he has never been an opening day "starter" he still has made the most of his playing time on the field. when donnie abe went down in 2003, mickens started in his place the entire time and excelled. he was not just the best DB on the team, but also the best tackler on the TEAM! people forget that mickens was tearing up training camp before he hurt his knee, donnie henderson has seen mickens in the flesh and i know that this trade will not happen because ray mickens is a FOOTBALL PLAYER. he's a throwback, a guy who plays bigger than he is and leaves it all on the field. yeah, it would make sense for ray mickens to be wanted in dallas, especially with keyshawn (one of mickens' closest friends, they were drafted together.) and aaron glenn now signed, it would be a big reunion playing there under parcells all in mickens' home state of texas. but the jets would be insane to let mickens go, he is the most important vet on the defense and if you check the depth chart, mickens has the inside track to the starting corner spot for the first time in his career. alot of people are prematurely annointing strait as the starter, but he hasn't proven to anyone that he deserves that position. mickens has spent 10 years proving that he deserves that position, and is about time that he gets it. the man has been a perennial "backup" (even though he is a 'starter' in my mind) for his whole career with the jets bringing in a big name FA to fill in for a departed guy, with ray never getting his shot. ray has done nothing but take the challenge every year compete. his character is what makes him indispensible, as well as his play on the field. as herm eloquently said last season "that's what makes ray mickens ray mickens." its mickens' time to start for the jets opening day, and it would be bonkers for him to go to dallas and play behind terrence newman, aaron glenn, and anthony henry. i was scared at first when i saw this rumor posted today, but now that i've had time to think about it i am sure that this move will not happen and my favorite player will remain in green.

[ he's done nothing but play his role his entire career during the jets and although he has never been an opening day "starter" he still has made the most of his playing time on the field. ]

so did marvin and mo ....whats your point????TIME TO GET YOUNGER!!!!

[ he's done nothing but play his role his entire career during the jets and although he has never been an opening day "starter" he still has made the most of his playing time on the field. ]

so did marvin and mo ....whats your point????TIME TO GET YOUNGER!!!!

I agree. Loyalty is for LOSERS in the NFL today. Nothing against Mickens, he's one of my favorite Jets as well, but he can't help us next season, and trading him saves us some valuable cap space. Nothing personal, Ray, business is business.

it makes me sick the amount of people on this board who support this "supposed" trade. ray mickens after wayne chrebet is the longest tenured jet on the team. he's done nothing but play his role his entire career during the jets and although he has never been an opening day "starter" he still has made the most of his playing time on the field. when donnie abe went down in 2003, mickens started in his place the entire time and excelled. he was not just the best DB on the team, but also the best tackler on the TEAM! people forget that mickens was tearing up training camp before he hurt his knee, donnie henderson has seen mickens in the flesh and i know that this trade will not happen because ray mickens is a FOOTBALL PLAYER. he's a throwback, a guy who plays bigger than he is and leaves it all on the field. yeah, it would make sense for ray mickens to be wanted in dallas, especially with keyshawn (one of mickens' closest friends, they were drafted together.) and aaron glenn now signed, it would be a big reunion playing there under parcells all in mickens' home state of texas. but the jets would be insane to let mickens go, he is the most important vet on the defense and if you check the depth chart, mickens has the inside track to the starting corner spot for the first time in his career. alot of people are prematurely annointing strait as the starter, but he hasn't proven to anyone that he deserves that position. mickens has spent 10 years proving that he deserves that position, and is about time that he gets it. the man has been a perennial "backup" (even though he is a 'starter' in my mind) for his whole career with the jets bringing in a big name FA to fill in for a departed guy, with ray never getting his shot. ray has done nothing but take the challenge every year compete. his character is what makes him indispensible, as well as his play on the field. as herm eloquently said last season "that's what makes ray mickens ray mickens." its mickens' time to start for the jets opening day, and it would be bonkers for him to go to dallas and play behind terrence newman, aaron glenn, and anthony henry. i was scared at first when i saw this rumor posted today, but now that i've had time to think about it i am sure that this move will not happen and my favorite player will remain in green.

I want to win a championship, not keep over the hill players until their mid-30s.

Loyalty won't get you anywhere in the salary cap era. Bigger, younger, faster.

you people act like mickens is some kind of burden on the salary cap, yet i'm sure most of you would support the jets going out and signing ty law (another "over the hill" DB but with a much bigger salary than mickens). you forget that you don't win championships with a bunch of 23 year olds. how did the patriots win their super bowls? hard-nosed veteran leadership, not a bunch of flash in the pan kids who can't even legally rent a car. getting rid of mickens would be a stupid decision, period.

you people act like mickens is some kind of burden on the salary cap, yet i'm sure most of you would support the jets going out and signing ty law (another "over the hill" DB but with a much bigger salary than mickens). you forget that you don't win championships with a bunch of 23 year olds. how did the patriots win their super bowls? hard-nosed veteran leadership, not a bunch of flash in the pan kids who can't even legally rent a car. getting rid of mickens would be a stupid decision, period.

And why would it be a stupid decision? Because he's your favorite player? :roll:

Mickens is a 32-year old, 5'8 nickel back that hasn't played in a year. Trading Ray Mickens for a younger, faster cornerback that's five inches taller and coming into his prime is not stupid. Rather, it's stupid from the Cowboys' perspective.

And why would it be a stupid decision? Because he's your favorite player? :roll:

Mickens is a 32-year old, 5'8 nickel back that hasn't played in a year. Trading Ray Mickens for a younger, faster cornerback that's five inches taller and coming into his prime is not stupid. Rather, it's stupid from the Cowboys' perspective.

That and Ty Law has a rep and he'll get calls and respect, more often than not.

How do you know that Law would make more than a Mickens does? Mickens has been a solid nickel, but every time he's tried to step up to the top 2 slots, it's been pretty bad. Paying a nickel back top dollar is crazy, especially when he's old, small and slowing and seems to get hurt a lot.

Also, the Chrebet comparison doesn't begin to hold up. And truth be told, on this board most people agree as much as they love Chrebet, as basically a 3/flanker who gets hurt, he should go too if he won't take less. If Carter or Crotchery or the Tuskegee Airman can do the same job better and cheaper, so be it.

We want this team to take the Big Step, and if it means old guys leaving, that's a business decision. This isn't baseball with farewell tours when that cap means so damn much.We did that silliness with SLo Mo Lewis and Jones . Doesn't work. Which is also why soem people 'round here (me and Savage)are so damn worried about Martin, but that's another 45 threads.

It's the smart thing to do, loyalty aside.

This trade is a complete no brainer for the Jets.

Troll.

Have you ever seen Pete Hunter play?

I follow the Cowboys on the side, not because I like them (I HATE THEM) but because several of my buddies are Cowboys fans. They agree--- this trade would be a heist for the Cowboys. Mickens is a good nickel back. Why would we trade our best nickel back for a guy who would become our FOURTH corner?

If Donnie Abe retires, the Jets have a very young secondary. Big play Ray has been a student of the game for a long time. Ray and Glenn played here at TAMU, and have been two of the best Jets in the past decade. Veteran leadership is a value. Hunter flat out gets torched everytime he is on the field. My roomate is a diehard plowboy fan, and I can not tell you how many times I had to cover my hears because he was cursing at Hunter. Ray needs to stay, but as a mentor not a starter. I will say, however, Ray might be asking for this deal, as he and Glenn are close, along with Keyshawn, and do not forget antoher Aggie alum by the name of DAT!

That's just the cover he's using for his yeast infection. Sheesh!

i had one of those once, nothing to laugh at. it was probably one of the most painful experiences of my life and wouldn't wish on that on anyone - not even a pats fan. i could get into more detail but it pains me just to think about it.

Archived