2007 starting TE for Jets

afosomf

Chris Baker would be great if we threw him the damn ball enough. As for Graham's blocking... Sean Ryan is a good enough blocker that we don't need to waste the $ on another TE. Get some defensive help and some OLine help as well as a starting NFL RB.

no brainer? signing an average TE? I would rather use the money on a dt,cb,rb first and then get Rhodes and Vilma re worked. Then with remaining money sign an OT..

Average TE, Are you high?

The pats running game is predicated on blocks by their Te's ... Graham

is one of leagues best Blocking TE's and he can make plays to boot.

TE is a need for us, Baker had done so little and can't block worth a lick

teams win by running the ball and stopping the run. Right now the Jets cannot do either consistently. That is what should be addressed first. I do not think Graham drastically helps the running game enough to give big coin to

Agreed. Running back and defensive line are on top of my wish list.

i would like to pick him up too...baker and graham would be a pretty good tandem imo...

If that did happen, I bet Mangini would try to make NYJ look like the Colts. Take the huddle with the double TE, then spread them out, Coles in the slot...really whatever.

I enjoyed watching the Colts, i hate them yes, but they were impressive on offense. (besides the first quarter and a half)

Defense first the RB and then OL

Great call, get an RB in the late second round that is either a clone of A.) Washinton, B.) Houston.

Our backs are more than servicable. It's the linemen on both sides that need work. Try to argue that RT, and RDE were not our weakest spots.

Great call, get an RB in the late second round that is either a clone of A.) Washinton, B.) Houston.

Our backs are more than servicable. It's the linemen on both sides that need work. Try to argue that RT, and RDE were not our weakest spots.

The backs and linemen both suck. You guys overrate Houston and Washington so much.

Our running game blows because we went from Curtis Martin, Jerald Sowell and Kareem Mackenzie to scrub o' the week, BJ Askew and Anthony Clement.

D'Brickashaw Ferguson can't run block. It's a mess, we gotta improve the running game. Let's get Michael Turner the burner, Justin Blalock, Manuel Ramirez and Brian Leonard this offseason.

The backs and linemen both suck. You guys overrate Houston and Washington so much.

Our running game blows because we went from Curtis Martin, Jerald Sowell and Kareem Mackenzie to scrub o' the week, BJ Askew and Anthony Clement.

D'Brickashaw Ferguson can't run block. It's a mess, we gotta improve the running game. Let's get Michael Turner the burner, Justin Blalock, Manuel Ramirez and Brian Leonard this offseason.

it's ALL about the OL when it comes to the run game-open up some holes and any NFL-caliber RB can make yardage-you're wrong about Ferguson PN-he did damn good for a rookie LT

Great idea, lets get an unproven back, to an enormous contract, and let Clement do nothing for another season. I'm sure your "burner" will do wonders with a linebacker at his ankles everytime he touches the ball.

Running game starts up front.

As for us "overrateing houston and washtington"? They are decent, at least washington is, I'll take a decent back behind a good line before I'd want a bad line and a good back.

RT is our worst position on the offense, it needs to be addressed before any other slot (on that side of the ball).

Great idea, lets get an unproven back, to an enormous contract, and let Clement do nothing for another season. I'm sure your "burner" will do wonders with a linebacker at his ankles everytime he touches the ball.

As for us "overrateing houston and washtington"? They are decent, at least washington is, I'll take a decent back behind a good line before I'd want a bad line and a good back.

RT is our worst position on the offense, it needs to be addressed before any other slot (on that side of the ball).

ding ding ding

Cedric Houston is a scrub. Washington is an ok third down back but no way is he a full time starter.

When did I say I want Anthony Clement back for another season? He sucks and I hated the move to sign him in the first place. Justin Blalock is an RT hello.

Blalock is a big powerful road grader unlike an undersized finesse twinkle toes like D'Brick Ferguson.

As for Turner being unproven he has looked damn good backing up Tomlinson and Schottenheimer even thinks he's a better inside runner than LT.

As for the comments that it doesn't matter who the RB is there is a difference between guys like Ladainian Tomlinson and Cedric Houston and it's more than just the offensive line.

Class Dismissed.

I agree with you on some parts. Blalock would be a great help to the line and I think he'll be very good. Ramirez could also be good but we don't need to draft two OGs. I'm not sure about having three 1st rounders on the offensive line though. Also, would you want another rookie on the line? I'd rather sign Steinbach from the Bengals.

Leonard is a good pick but its unncessary to get him and Turner. Its one or the other. We can't faze Washington out of the offense, he's a dangerous weapon. Also, just cause Turner looks good behind LT doesn't mean he's gonna be great. Its a lot easier to look good backing up one of the best RBs of all time, behind a great offensive line than it is to come to our team and be the #1 back behind an average run blocking o-line at best.

How can anyone say that RT is the worst position on the offense. Hello! Our running back is ****ing 5'7 and I don't care what the sites say, not a pound over 185.

Are you kidding me? Anthony Clement was not that damn bad and he should and hopefully will be re-signed... as a back-up but he was good enough where he could be a spot start player, not Leon Washington. Leon Washington cannot be a starter no matter what, no freakin' way.

RT, RB & either DT or RDE should be our Top 3 concerns, along with CB. We pretty much need all 4 or 5.

How can anyone say that RT is the worst position on the offense. Hello! Our running back is ****ing 5'7 and I don't care what the sites say, not a pound over 185.

Are you kidding me? Anthony Clement was not that damn bad and he should and hopefully will be re-signed... as a back-up but he was good enough where he could be a spot start player, not Leon Washington. Leon Washington cannot be a starter no matter what, no freakin' way.

RT, RB & either DT or RDE should be our Top 3 concerns, along with CB. We pretty much need all 4 or 5.

Before I start I'm not saying Leon is better thanReggie Bush. With that said...

Reggie Bush

6' 203 pounds

RUSH

Att. 155

Yards 565

Avg. 3.6

Long 18

TD 6

Rec.

Rec. 88

Yards 742

Avg 8.4

Long 74

TD 2

Leon Washington

5'8" 202 pounds

RUSH

Att. 151

Yards 650

Avg. 4.3

Long 23

TD 4

REC.

Rec 25

Yards 270

Avg. 10.8

Long 64

TD 0

Seems to me that they only threw to Bush more, his avg is not as good. Otherwise they are more than comparable.

So the question is....

Why does New Orleans think that Reggie is the second coming of Christ? And New York thinks that Leon is nothing more than a 3rd down back?

must be those four inches in height. (don't tell Warrick Dunn though)

I'm fine with Leon being one of our backs. Blaylock is as good as gone. Then it's a toss up between Barlow and Ced. We will draft another back in this draft between the late 2nd round and 5th round. Unless Lynch falls to 26 that is. Our first two three picks will be de, nt, and o line. Maybe not in that order but that is what will happen. Unless someone falls that isn't suppossed to.

I'm fine with Leon being one of our backs. Blaylock is as good as gone. Then it's a toss up between Barlow and Ced. We will draft another back in this draft between the late 2nd round and 5th round. Unless Lynch falls to 26 that is. Our first two three picks will be de, nt, and o line. Maybe not in that order but that is what will happen. Unless someone falls that isn't suppossed to.

Will go with Houston, Leon, and Barlow next year in my opinion.

They will bring in via FA

DE/DT

RT

DB

LB

FB

and draft BPA

DE/DT or DB or OL also imo

hey anyone think some of Parcells staff might join Jets?

Archived