Why is Belichick so classless? Film at 11

JetCane

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no idea how that can be construed as classless. He was asked a longwinded question and gave a short answer. After all these years, these morons should come to expect this but they still act shocked every single time. He isn't paid to entertain some overpaid half ass reporter with a long winded, running in circles answer.

I have no idea how that can be construed as classless. He was asked a longwinded question and gave a short answer. After all these years, these morons should come to expect this but they still act shocked every single time. He isn't paid to entertain some overpaid half ass reporter with a long winded, running in circles answer.

That's not why he was being called classless. That started way earlier, when he refused to acknowledge Mangini, couldn't say his name, couldn't look him in the eye and give him a proper handshake. And when he realized how stupid he looked doing all that, he shoved a photographer aside to give Mangini a fake, half-hearted hug.

That interview just proved that he's a humorless, charachterless, dry and grumpy man.

oh come on now. Don't defend him. Really. You'd think he'd give the best QB in the NFL a little more time than he did, but he just sort of pushed his way past Peyton. THAT was the least classy thing in both of those videos. I don't really blame him for anything else that I saw right there. There are a million reasons for his being classless... other than the Peyton brush off I didn't see anything that proved it there.

That interview just proved that he's a humorless, charachterless, dry and grumpy man.

He's not humorless, he's made plenty of jokes in press conferences but most reporters are too stupid to pick up on them. The characterless, dry and grumpy I won't argue with and I wouldn't have it any other way.

oh come on now. Don't defend him. Really. You'd think he'd give the best QB in the NFL a little more time than he did, but he just sort of pushed his way past Peyton. THAT was the least classy thing in both of those videos. I don't really blame him for anything else that I saw right there. There are a million reasons for his being classless... other than the Peyton brush off I didn't see anything that proved it there.

I didn't see him "push past" Manning. It looked to me like he patted him on the shoulder and said at least a few words to him as he walked past. My favorite part was Boomer raising his arms and saying "what was that?" What a ****ing moron. If he and the rest of the team were classless, I can't imagine that Manning would be praising them as the opposite after the game.

He isn't paid to entertain some overpaid half ass reporter with a long winded, running in circles answer.

Actually, yes he is. Part of being a coach in the NFL is media relations.

TV dollars are why athletes and coaches alike get their millions. There is a responsibility there to be a conduit to teh team, as a coach.

More than anything, Belichick is not a gracious loser and comes off as a bad sport.

I guess if you have his rings, you can be the bully. It all comes back on you eventually, though.

TV dollars are why athletes and coaches alike get their millions. There is a responsibility there to be a conduit to teh team, as a coach.

More than anything, Belichick is not a gracious loser and comes off as a bad sport.

I guess if you have his rings, you can be the bully. It all comes back on you eventually, though.

If you haven't noticed he acts the same when the Pats win.

Media relations is part of the job and he does it. Does it matter how good of a job you do at it? Are you insinuating that if Belichick had a golden tongue like Herm he could potentially make twice the money?

I'm willing to bet he said great game to Manning as he passed him and Peyton patted his stomach and said thanks coach-that's how I read it...his demeanor when on camera is pathetic though ya gotta admit it...

if he were our coach I'd say the same thing and right afterwards say not that I care since he's bringing my team to playoffs championship games and superbowls

Oh, look who finally showed up to eat his humble pie!

:Nuts:

You know me better than that!

I went out to a Pub to watch the game Sunday and didn't get home until late.

I generally don't post on Monday nights either.

Plus I never talk smack about the Jets so I really wasn't in the mood to deal with all of the gloating that I knew would occur.

The Colts outplayed the Pats in the 2nd half and deserved to win. They should win the Super Bowl but I think it is going to be a lot closer than people think.

You know me better than that!

I went out to a Pub to watch the game Sunday and didn't get home until late.

I generally don't post on Monday nights either.

Plus I never talk smack about the Jets so I really wasn't in the mood to deal with all of the gloating that I knew would occur.

The Colts outplayed the Pats in the 2nd half and deserved to win. They should win the Super Bowl but I think it is going to be a lot closer than people think.

=================================================

Sounds like something BB would say in a presser, perhaps a little long winded for BB though.:)

Media relations is part of the job and he does it. Does it matter how good of a job you do at it? Are you insinuating that if Belichick had a golden tongue like Herm he could potentially make twice the money?

Make up your mind.

In your last post, you said he isn't paid to talk to teh media.

part of his job is most definitely to talk to the media.

I didn't see him "push past" Manning. It looked to me like he patted him on the shoulder and said at least a few words to him as he walked past. My favorite part was Boomer raising his arms and saying "what was that?" What a ****ing moron. If he and the rest of the team were classless, I can't imagine that Manning would be praising them as the opposite after the game.

he couldn't get past manning fast enough. Eye contact ? I didn't see itI saw nothing wrong with the interview though based soley on his own stds.

You didnt seem to mind the gloating after the first two rounds of the playoffs.

;)

When did I gloat? I never said a bad word after the Jets game.

I may have flown off the handle a little after the Chargers game because of all the "Pats are classless & had no right to win that game" threads.

I don't like him. But I suspect that interview is mandated by the NFL, and I cannot imagine how pissed he was after blowing a lead like that. It was a bad idea all around, and most of these sideline reporter interviews are a complete waste of time anyway.

I may have flown off the handle a little after the Chargers game because of all the "Pats are classless & had no right to win that game" threads.

I'll second that. And I too came to the Pats defense after that whole Chargers crap.

Let's be real here. Everyone wishes TX was still a member because all of this garbage is really directed at him.

Hahaha I didnt say you gloated- I said you didnt mind the gloating that was going on, and it didnt prevent you from logging on.

I'm just bustin' your chops, MATE.

The patsys luck ran out, so they are like the other 30 teams sitting at home this week- SOL.

You make threads when you are drunk and get threatened with bans, then later on pretend you forgot because you were drunk. You've talked trash though definitely.

I'll second that. And I too came to the Pats defense after that whole Chargers crap.

Let's be real here. Everyone wishes TX was still a member because all of this garbage is really directed at him.

Not entirely, but yeah I mentioned it too. It's like after TX got banned you two felt added pressure or something, and went out of character. Why can't we just pretend PFpillowbiter isn't TX though? Just because he isn't as witty?

Wrong, wrong. I do not for one second wish he was still a member here, and this is directed at all the smug patsy supporters who still come to the putzy's defense. Y'all know who you are!

big_cup_of_STFU.jpg

You make threads when you are drunk and get threatened with bans, then later on pretend you forgot because you were drunk. You've talked trash though definitely.

WTF are you talking about? Find a thread I started where I bash the Jets and then "forget" about it the next day?

I did make reference last week to the Chargers being the "Jets of the West" in a thread bashing the Pats.

You made some unsavoury comments in that thread and asked me to delete a reply of yours that I had quoted.

Out of respect for your wishes I did so.

If you think I'm an arsehole I have no problem with that. Just don't make stuff up.

Why is Belichick classless?...

For the same reason people in all walks of life are classless. Even though I don't care for the man, I respect that "he is, who he is" and doesn't sugarcoat his personality.

I personally hate the jerk-offs who are the "cookie-cutter" coaches, always stating the correct things and throwing praise at the opponent.

There are unwritten rules of etiquette in sports and maybe Belichick crosses them occasionally. It sure gives good fodder for threads like these.

Why is Belichick classless?...

For the same reason people in all walks of life are classless. Even though I don't care for the man, I respect that "he is, who he is" and doesn't sugarcoat his personality.

I personally hate the jerk-offs who are the "cookie-cutter" coaches, always stating the correct things and throwing praise at the opponent.

There are unwritten rules of etiquette in sports and maybe Belichick crosses them occasionally. It sure gives good fodder for threads like these.

True Andy. As someone who occasionally crosses the line as well, I can appreciate that. But his lack of post-game etiquette towards other players and coaches smacks of a lack of respect for them. Kinda like what he must have felt for Sharon's husband.

BTW the interview showed more of what SFJ said: that he is devoid of personality. It was quite refreshing to see him come out on the short end of the score.

The part with Boomer was the best..that was hillarious. Pretty much summed up what everyoe else was thinking. "What was that?"

Archived