JetNation's Biggest Loser thread..Now open to the public!

TaborJet

Did the run with the kids this morning. I ended up doing the 1 mile run with my 8 year old daughter and we finished in just over 9 minutes. Did a 5k in the park a few weeks ago in about 34. Yes, I am slow but it is a start!

That's awesome Max...keep up the good work!

I was so proud of us as a family. It was a lot of fun doing the races with the two older kids. Next year I want all us of us to the 5k with shane. One mile this year was enough for me.

It has been a good weekend so far. Martina concert last night for mother's day and a great family day today.:)

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did the run with the kids this morning. I ended up doing the 1 mile run with my 8 year old daughter and we finished in just over 9 minutes. Did a 5k in the park a few weeks ago in about 34. Yes, I am slow but it is a start!

Good job Max! :sign0098:

I was so proud of us as a family. It was a lot of fun doing the races with the two older kids. Next year I want all us of us to the 5k with shane. One mile this year was enough for me.

It has been a good weekend so far. Martina concert last night for mother's day and a great family day today.:)

This is just such an emotional weekend for the entire Max family. :doctor::oops::cry:

good job to the entire max family! :yahoo:

i got back on the treadmill for the first time in a week... :animal0028:

I had a bacon cheddar cheese burger with french fries drenched in ketchup and a Fanta Orange soda, and afterward had a plate of chicken nuggets with fries and some barbecue sauce.

I can feel your cholesterol rise with this post.

I had a bacon cheddar cheese burger with french fries drenched in ketchup and a Fanta Orange soda, and afterward had a plate of chicken nuggets with fries and some barbecue sauce.

HAHAHA. I had a late night last night, the run this morning. Then a softball game a family party and a baseball game.

I am going to Blockbuster, getting a movie and PIGGING out tonight.

I'm just saying! :fighting0050: Being serious though. MMMMmmmmm Popcorn, lol.

HAHAHA. I had a late night last night, the run this morning. Then a softball game a family party and a baseball game.

I am going to Blockbuster, getting a movie and PIGGING out tonight.

I'm just saying! :fighting0050: Being serious though. MMMMmmmmm Popcorn, lol.

Max rented Supersize Me then a movie about a marathon runner and counted that as his workout.

Max rented Supersize Me then a movie about a marathon runner and counted that as his workout.

Actually I crashed and fell asleep early last night. I am putting the pig out night on hold until tonight. Soprano's baby. Tomorrow -- back on track and try to increase the mileage beyond 3 miles.

Your 8 year old ran a mile with you :shock:

That is awesome !!!!!

I'm lucky if mine run to the bathroom.

another horrid week.:Wave:

why is it always such a struggle...

sigh....

ok... i will get on the treadmill tomorrow... ugh.

I know why it's a struggle. We're trying to get in shape, and my wife is starting ice cream threads!

](*,)

I know why it's a struggle. We're trying to get in shape, and my wife is starting ice cream threads!

](*,)

YEAH!!!! cmon tj.... who wears the pants in the family??? do something about that woman!!

:happy0071:

(of course i am kidding mrs.tj... and i cant believe i really just said that .. heh)

YEAH!!!! cmon tj.... who wears the pants in the family??? do something about that woman!!

:happy0071:

(of course i am kidding mrs.tj... and i cant believe i really just said that .. heh)

She is like Micheal Jordan. You can't stop her, you can only hope to contain her!

I have a general question to the world at large. I don't watch the show 'Lost', don't even know the characters' names, but I know what some of them look like. So let me get this straight. The chubby guy (whatever his name is) with the long wavy hair, how is it that he's on a f*cking desert island with no fast food available, presumably does more walking than he's ever done in his life, and he gets fatter? Weak from the writers/producers, if you ask me. And a discouragement to anyone who's trying.

I have a general question to the world at large. I don't watch the show 'Lost', don't even know the characters' names, but I know what some of them look like. So let me get this straight. The chubby guy (whatever his name is) with the long wavy hair, how is it that he's on a f*cking desert island with no fast food available, presumably does more walking than he's ever done in his life, and he gets fatter? Weak from the writers/producers, if you ask me. And a discouragement to anyone who's trying.

They have food from the Dharma people (long story). Either way he's a binge eater. Earlier in the season he was hiding food and then trekking out into the jungle to eat it.

They have food from the Dharma people (long story). Either way he's a binge eater. Earlier in the season he was hiding food and then trekking out into the jungle to eat it.

That would be me. I would have a stash of junk food in the desert. Tropical heat but somehow it never melts. Just my luck!

2 words...

Lorena Bobbitt :character0036:

well that would get tabor two ounces closer to his goal :shock:

OY!

back on topic... i worked out sat and sunday... but it just seems too be not making any difference... anybody having luck with diet change... i think i need to cut out carbs somewhat... i have done low carbas before and it is so hard... ugh.

i just want zoftig women to come back into style! :lol:

Alright... I have absolutely pigged out on food and alcohol. I need a serious detox!

I hope to get a good night's sleep that I haven't had in weeks and get to the gym at 5AM tomorrow to start yet again! I got my iPod all ready to go and new sport headphones, my clothes and sneaks are reading for the morning and no damn excuses... it's a new week.

:cheergal:

well that would get tabor two ounces closer to his goal :shock:

OY!

back on topic... i worked out sat and sunday... but it just seems too be not making any difference... anybody having luck with diet change... i think i need to cut out carbs somewhat... i have done low carbas before and it is so hard... ugh.

i just want zoftig women to come back into style! :lol:

You're not alone... this is NOT easy. I'm eating much better and cutting out crap... but I haven't changed my diet all that much. I think carbs must go or at least cut back. South Beach worked for both me and Tabor a few years back. Just not sure I can get back into that.

Tomorrow is a new day!

Alright... I have absolutely pigged out on food and alcohol. I need a serious detox!

I hope to get a good night's sleep that I haven't had in weeks and get to the gym at 5AM tomorrow to start yet again! I got my iPod all ready to go and new sport headphones, my clothes and sneaks are reading for the morning and no damn excuses... it's a new week.

:cheergal:

if i had a nickel for every time i said it was a new week...i could hire a personal trainer.. OY!

and considering i am so old...my metabolism has slowed down to the point where a crawl would be an improvement.

i look at food...and i gain... :lol:

i have done south beach before.. i basically have done every diet that has ever existed! sigh!

if i had a nickel for every time i said it was a new week...i could hire a personal trainer.. OY!

and considering i am so old...my metabolism has slowed down to the point where a crawl would be an improvement.

i look at food...and i gain... :lol:

Yup. If this was ten years ago all this effort would have been sufficient... now? Please... I don't even know how much more to kick this up. Change the diet... be consistent with the exercise.. something has to happen. :-D

I worked out Saturday morning and today, but unfortunately I gorged myself in between.

Saturday I was drinking beers all day, and then ate London broil and potato salad and macaroni salad and ribs also..between the ribs and the london broil,that stuff sat in my stomach like a lead balloon.

Sunday I had Brunch,along with 2 bloody mary's, and then drank beers all day long at Monmouth.

Overall the workout regiment is right on schedule..I'm trying to do 40 minutes of cardio at least 4 times a week. and lift on the other days.

Yup. If this was ten years ago all this effort would have been sufficient... now? Please... I don't even know how much more to kick this up. Change the diet... be consistent with the exercise.. something has to happen. :-D

and imagine... i know i have a bunch of years on you... so look to see how horrid it will be down the road when you get to my advanced age! :lol:

i think i am just goingto start a petition for rubenesque women to become the "in" "hot" shape.... :mrgreen:

whats wrong with roundness and curves! :rolleyes:

and imagine... i know i have a bunch of years on you... so look to see how horrid it will be down the road when you get to my advanced age! :lol:

i think i am just goingto start a petition for rubenesque women to become the "in" "hot" shape.... :mrgreen:

whats wrong with roundness and curves! :rolleyes:

Let's bring back this dress style... and the corset! I think this can hide a lot. :-D

clthhoopedgownhn1.jpg

Archived