JetNation's Biggest Loser thread..Now open to the public!

TaborJet

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I worked out Saturday morning and today, but unfortunately I gorged myself in between.

Saturday I was drinking beers all day, and then ate London broil and potato salad and macaroni salad and ribs also..between the ribs and the london broil,that stuff sat in my stomach like a lead balloon.

Sunday I had Brunch,along with 2 bloody mary's, and then drank beers all day long at Monmouth.

Overall the workout regiment is right on schedule..I'm trying to do 40 minutes of cardio at least 4 times a week. and lift on the other days.

sounds like your weekend was as much fun as you thought it was going to be.:)

Fall off the horse get back on it, Mr curb.

I will, Ive got until August (Vacation) to get back in shape... I dont need drop much more weight... just a matter of getting toned now...

I was referring to the muscles of the hands that are attached to the tendons of your fingers. Fingers have no muscles ya know!

The muscle you referred is for the pinkie finger, look it up! :)

The muscle you referred is for the pinkie finger, look it up! :)

I know what I was referring to. Muscles that control the Fingers. As in, you type a lot. <ahttp://forums.jetnation.com/uploads/emoticons/default_eusa_wall.gif' alt=](*,)'>

I didn't mean to hijack this thread. My intentions were initially good, I swear!

btw, I just got back from the gym! icon10.gif

I had a dream I worked out... too bad that doesnt count... lol

• 2 weeks later...

Stepped on the scale this morning. 209.2 lbs!! That's down approximately 20lbs. since I first started this experiment. Had a banana and a peach for breakfast so I can go eat something good with the wife and mother in law for lunch.

Stepped on the scale this morning. 209.2 lbs!! That's down approximately 20lbs. since I first started this experiment. Had a banana and a peach for breakfast so I can go eat something good with the wife and mother in law for lunch.

Congrats on the weight loss! I've seen your pics... not sure you needed to lose 20 lbs. but whatever!! :cheergal:

How was lunch? Two women.... mom and daughter... can be rough but it sounds like you like your mom-in-law!

PS: What's your secret with weight loss? I'm struggling... but of course this Corona in my hand isn't helping at all.

Congrats on the weight loss! I've seen your pics... not sure you needed to lose 20 lbs. but whatever!! :cheergal:

How was lunch? Two women.... mom and daughter... can be rough but it sounds like you like your mom-in-law!

PS: What's your secret with weight loss? I'm struggling... but of course this Corona in my hand isn't helping at all.

me too...

i just watched a red lobster commercial and gaind 3 lbs.. :shock::lol:

aging sucks.

You'll hate me but my secret is my metabolism. I'm 6'3" and in high school I ate all I wanted when I wanted and barely hit 160 lbs. my senior year. After I turned 25 my weight just kept creeping up until I almost hit 230. That's when I decided enough was enough. My theory was I still had a high metabolism but just not high enough to continue eating like I did in high school. I haven't started eating much better although I do eat alot more fruit and vegetables than I used to but my main focus has been to just eat less. So far it's working out. My target weight is 200 even but if the lbs. keep shedding then 180-190 won't hurt my feelings.

I wasn't able to go out to eat with my wife and her mom so I went to Sonic and had a hamburger & tots with a butterfinger Sonic Blast. Now I know you think this sounds terrible but in the past I would have ordered a foot long cheese coney to go along with that. :lol:

You'll hate me but my secret is my metabolism. I'm 6'3" and in high school I ate all I wanted when I wanted and barely hit 160 lbs. my senior year. After I turned 25 my weight just kept creeping up until I almost hit 230. That's when I decided enough was enough. My theory was I still had a high metabolism but just not high enough to continue eating like I did in high school. I haven't started eating much better although I do eat alot more fruit and vegetables than I used to but my main focus has been to just eat less. So far it's working out. My target weight is 200 even but if the lbs. keep shedding then 180-190 won't hurt my feelings.

I wasn't able to go out to eat with my wife and her mom so I went to Sonic and had a hamburger & tots with a butterfinger Sonic Blast. Now I know you think this sounds terrible but in the past I would have ordered a foot long cheese coney to go along with that. :lol:

have i mentioned that i HATE you today?

grrrrrr..........

I'll tell you what my wife has been doing that has worked unbelievably well for her. She does the same thing that I'm doing. Just eating about half of what she would normally eat. Then she walks on the treadmill mornings and nights and logs somewhere around 20 miles/week. It has been working very well and doesn't appear to be torture to her or anything. The one thing that keeps her getting on the treadmill is that she can't watch Days of our Lives unless she's walking.

3. Eat less of what you know you are eating too much of. Example: if you eat a big bag of potato chips or cookies at night, take some out and eat the bag over two days, then three, and so on.

I had one of those moments the other day. I bought one of those HUGE economy size boxes of Mike and Ikes. I normally would have eaten the whole box right then and there but instead I ate half of the box and slowly put the rest in my bottom drawer for the next day. :lol:

Ok, I've lost 15lb's since the draft and have plateaued out..now comes the part I've been dreading..phase IV of my workout plan, which starts after the 4th of July. I'm going on Vacation in August, and want to be in tip top condition when I arrive. so, after the 4th of July there will be no booze for 4 weeks, cardio will be 45 minutes at least 5 times a week along with roughing it (not eating much).

If all goes as planned, my metabolism will be on fire until thanksgiving!

good job bp.

honest to moses.. i dont have a metabolism.. i have looked for it.. tried to "rev" it up.. but alas... i think it left awhile ago and went to look for greener pastures... OY!

i guess it is just time to accept all my curves the way they are...

i am healthy, blood pres is good, cholest is good all other blood tests are fine.. i am just zoftig.. thats all. :lol:

OY!

Don't keep chips, cr*p, Snickers, etc. in your coffers. Make wise food choices and walk around A FLAT BLOCK. SLOWLY. WITHOUT EFFORT. It will come off, as you're eliminating garbage in your diet and expending energy you weren't previous. I suck at math, but that equation really ain't that hard to figure.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't keep chips, cr*p, Snickers, etc. in your coffers. Make wise food choices and walk around A FLAT BLOCK. SLOWLY. WITHOUT EFFORT. It will come off, as you're eliminating garbage in your diet and expending energy you weren't previous. I suck at math, but that equation really ain't that hard to figure.

gg, you're good at math, is this true?? lol.

Pretty sure this is crap for any woman over the age of 35 - just sayin'.

Yes, rid yourself of the chips, snickers, and other garbage as well as working your butt off. A slow stroll round a few few blocks 'aint doing anything. Losing weight and gaining muscle definition is not easy.....as I, and trillions of others, can attest to.

Well..it felt like I drank a gallon of Vodka last night. probably because I almost did. \:D/ I still did cardio this morning, 45 minutes on the elliptical thingy at the gym. and the person next to me said I stunk like booze. I was sweating profusely, and I guess all those toxins in the booze came right out of my pours. :D

Anyway, I feel great now!

Carry on!

Well..it felt like I drank a gallon of Vodka last night. probably because I almost did. \:D/ I still did cardio this morning, 45 minutes on the elliptical thingy at the gym. and the person next to me said I stunk like booze. I was sweating profusely, and I guess all those toxins in the booze came right out of my pours. :D

Anyway, I feel great now!

Carry on!

Geez, you *still* stink like booz. Just how much *did* you drink? Get back on that elliptical!

okay, i got a late start but I am down 10lbs in four weeks. Better late then never.:)

Thanks jw I am working hard at it.

you rock JFBM!!!! that is wonderful!

i have given up... lost cause for me...

everyone will just have to love me the way i am! :lol:

OY!

Archived