Just say no to Graham

CoachTsurfing

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whatever mate.

Go look in the mirror.

Why don't YOU look in the mirror. You have 4100 posts on a JET site and all you do is bash our players whenever you get the chance and then when you are proven wrong you attack the stat and don't think for ONE SECOND that you might be wrong.

Why don't YOU look in the mirror. You have 4100 posts on a JET site and all you do is bash our players whenever you get the chance and then when you are proven wrong you attack the stat and don't think for ONE SECOND that you might be wrong.

Lighten up Mike..Gainzo is a good poster..you have a tirade at every single Patriot poster,why?because they're rival fans and have an objective view?

Thanks for pointing that out.

Chris Baker is better than Graham or Watson because Yahoo! Sports fantasy stats says so?

I don't bash Jets players (apart from Chad).

READ MY 4100 POSTS!

If you can't work that out that I am here to talk football you are dumber than I thought.

Lighten up Mike..Gainzo is a good poster..you have a tirade at every single Patriot poster,why?because they're rival fans and have an objective view?
The cold hard facts (which it's impossible to get more objective then) say that me and Sharrow are right and that Baker is more productive in relation to the number of chances he gets then EITHER Watson or Graham.

workouts.jpg

"Madmike with Baker's nuts in his mouth."

look at you. you know how to use google image finder... aren't you clever. i don't think i have baker's nuts in my mouth. I'm just saying he's better then 2 mediocre players. Watson and graham. if Baker got 91 passes thrown to him he'd have better counting numbers then either of them.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Chris Baker is better than Graham or Watson because Yahoo! Sports fantasy stats says so?

I don't bash Jets players (apart from Chad).

READ MY 4100 POSTS!

If you can't work that out that I am here to talk football you are dumber than I thought.

C'mon Gainzo, you're just baiting him by bringing up Cleaveland. I don't know one person Jet fan or otherwise beyond that myopic officiating crew that did not think that was a forceout and good catch. That includes fans of the Jets, Pats, Steelers, Giants, Raiders and even one Bills fan.

What's the big deal about signing Graham? If it's not for big money and he blocks as advertised why not? If it is for big $$ we should stay far away. A blocking TE can't hurt and the way we are at FB it's not like we can't carry somebody over say Hodgins. Nobody is saying we should cut Baker. I'm not a huge Graham fan, but to think he can't compete with Baker is a joke. Baker is a marginally better receiver. Graham is supposed to be a monster blocker-Baker is not.

Just because somebody is on the Pats doesn't mean he's better than his Jet counterpart. The Pats have been together a long time and, because we are copying the Belly model, they are full of "Mangini type players." Therefore, people have reason to think a given Pat is better than the corresponding Pat for this system.

Graham is a no brainer if the price is right. Does anyone seriously want to see Baker get 91 looks a season? I love the guy; I'm a huge fan, but to "say no to Graham" would be rediculous. He ads tremendous versatility to an offense lacking in the exact areas in which he excels. Why waste a draft pick trying to find JAG in the Graham mold when the prototype is right in front of us? He and A. Thomas are the two guys I would covet the most via FA, and maybe a solid OL.

First of all Gainzo attacked first. As he always does. It will be a better world without that closet jet fan here. Second of all the stats came from each teams stat page on espn.com. Thirdly billparcels I have seen very few posts that gainzo has contributed that don't slam jet players. That being said. If graham came for a relatively cheap price I would have no prob. signing him. But throwing huge amounts at him that we could use on other positions is crazy. If we cut the some of our other te's. We have 4 of them you know. I just don't think we need to go out looking for a starting te. We have one. a good one. We just need to get him involved with the offense more.

Thirdly billparcels I have seen very few posts that gainzo has contributed that don't slam jet players.

Listen..I get sick of all the blind homerism bull**** from some people on here..Gainzo gives a rival fans objective view,which I like.

He's not a Jets fan,so if you're waiting for him to fall over himself with being impressed with a Jet player,it ain't happening.

Who said that Graham is going to be cheap? If he was going to come cheap, you guys wouldn't even be talking about him because the Patriots would have already locked him up long term.
How then is it fair to compare two players. one who got 91 chances to make a play and the other who got FIFTY LESS CHANCES and say that yards or TD's is a fair way to compare them? How does that make ANY sense? thats like saying that a guy who got 150 AB's is worse then a guy who got 500 AB's because he has less RBI's.

How then is it fair to compare two players. one who got 91 chances to make a play and the other who got FIFTY LESS CHANCES and say that yards or TD's is a fair way to compare them? How does that make ANY sense? thats like saying that a guy who got 150 AB's is worse then a guy who got 500 AB's because he has less RBI's.

I think you quoted the wrong post there guy...

Who said that Graham is going to be cheap? If he was going to come cheap, you guys wouldn't even be talking about him because the Patriots would have already locked him up long term.

Yup. The Jets should be in the market for a ton of guys: Thomas, Clements, Graham. Doesn't mean we will or should sign any of them. They must be a relative bargain. Plenty of guys prices are going up with the cap room. We need to play this smart rather than just shelling out $$ because we have cap room now.

You have to admit there usually is a reason that a guy gets fifty less chances. Like Ken Phelps. At one point he supposedly would have had more homeruns than Ruth with the same abs. Was he better than Ruth?

Ken Phelps bat! My baseball people loved Ken Phelps bat!

You're right, it was the wrong Chris Baker. 4.86 was his time. Still, its not like he doesn't have enough speed, 7 of his 18 passes in 2005 were over 20 yards.

Not exactly a testament of his speed.

Corey Dillon broke quite a few 20 yards plus runs, but no one asked him to run in the fastest man compeition.

To be fair, you'd have to actually see those passes. If you found a stat that listed DROPS then that would be something.

But as it stands, even a pass that sailed 5-10 yards over a receiver's head, even with the receiver's back turned, when the QB is really throwing it away, would still be labelled as a "chance" if you just look at numbers in this fashion. If someone isn't WIDE open, Chad tends to dump off to his backs more than most.

Brady dinks & dunks a lot also, so I'm not arguing that Graham has better (or even as-good) hands than Baker, but you can't just look at raw numbers in this case & make a definitive argument.

Find a stat that shows dropped passes, compare that to the # of receptions, & then you'll have something to argue.

To be fair, you'd have to actually see those passes. If you found a stat that listed DROPS then that would be something.

But as it stands, even a pass that sailed 5-10 yards over a receiver's head, even with the receiver's back turned, when the QB is really throwing it away, would still be labelled as a "chance" if you just look at numbers in this fashion. If someone isn't WIDE open, Chad tends to dump off to his backs more than most.

Brady dinks & dunks a lot also, so I'm not arguing that Graham has better (or even as-good) hands than Baker, but you can't just look at raw numbers in this case & make a definitive argument.

Find a stat that shows dropped passes, compare that to the # of receptions, & then you'll have something to argue.

Since i'm sure that most people agree that Brady is better then Chad shouldn't Watson and Graham have easier times catching the balls that are intended for them?

Since i'm sure that most people agree that Brady is better then Chad shouldn't Watson and Graham have easier times catching the balls that are intended for them?

I do not think anyone will argue that Chad is far more accurate on shorter routes then Brady. Patriot Nation has seen alot of passes soar over the past two seasons.

For what it is worth, according to the splits:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/splits?playerId=3549

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/splits?playerId=3616

14 of Baker's receptions he was splitout wide (i.e. 0 TEs in formation).

Hmmmm.

My point is that Brady makes more lower-percentage pass attempts. On the field, it's no guts, no glory.

Hey, Neil O'Donnell had the lowest int %age in NFL history. Doesn't mean he was the best or most accurate QB, nor does it mean his receivers were the best or most sure-handed either.

Look, if you show me something that suggests Graham is clueless in running correct routes, or that he has some incurable case of the dropsies (I call them Bechties for TE's), then I don't want him either. But NE, with two other TE's they like, were reportedly considering slapping the franchise tag on Graham. If they hated him that much up there, the previous rumors involving Graham would be similar to the Jets' perceived intentions surrounding Barlow: that they are happy to have him off the team.

For what it is worth, according to the splits:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/splits?playerId=3549

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/splits?playerId=3616

14 of Baker's receptions he was splitout wide (i.e. 0 TEs in formation).

Hmmmm.

That is interesting. Penny is a dink and dunker. It would seem like he'd be dropping tons of passes to the backs and TE, but TEs have not flourished under him and backs caught very little from him last year. Most of those seemed to be designed dumps. Odd. I'd have thought he'd be loading backs and TEs with catches.

That is interesting. Penny is a dink and dunker. It would seem like he'd be dropping tons of passes to the backs and TE, but TEs have not flourished under him and backs caught very little from him last year. Most of those seemed to be designed dumps. Odd. I'd have thought he'd be loading backs and TEs with catches.
Dude you nailed it ,That's what we all thought would happen ,but never has .Chris baker should have been all pro, you would think, but I guess we were all hoping that would happen. The thing is IF we do grab another TE will he get any balls thrown his way?

Dude you nailed it ,That's what we all thought would happen ,but never has .Chris baker should have been all pro, you would think, but I guess we were all hoping that would happen. The thing is IF we do grab another TE will he get any balls thrown his way?

Only if Max gets a press pass & corners him.

We wouldn't be getting Graham to throw balls his way. No matter what Max might think. He'd primarily be here for his blocking ability. OTOH, why draft Olsen?

POTW NOM......... max you just got p'wned

What else is new?

We wouldn't be getting Graham to throw balls his way. No matter what Max might think. He'd primarily be here for his blocking ability. OTOH, why draft Olsen?

And that is one of things coming out. According to Watson, he wants to be a bigger part of the passing offense as opposed to keeping Tom safe.

And that is one of things coming out. According to Watson, he wants to be a bigger part of the passing offense as opposed to keeping Tom safe.
A bigger part then 91 passed attemted? Who the hell does he think he is, gates? When you catch barely over 50% of the balls thrown to you and then you ask for more chances you are whats known as a "retard."

Archived