What are u listening to right now?

Just saw this in a news item.  Usually, I'm not a fan of these redos with a ton of musicians contributing.  Gets too cluttered.  However, at least for me, this one clicks.  Plus I love Cindy Blackman's playing.   Very underrated drummer.  And of course Carlos still sounds great.

• Upvote 1

On 5/30/2022 at 9:16 AM, munchmemory said:

Wonderful footage.  Bowie is mesmerizing.  Band sounds great.

Epic footage and sound.

I was in London for a week, did a Rock and Roll tour of the city one day, took us to where Keith Richards had his audition, Jimi's loft, Keith Moon's loft, the bars they all hung at, Abbey Road, Amy Winehouse, Freddie Mercury and Jimmy Page's homes in the city.  They took us to the studio where he recorded Hunky Dory and Ziggy Stardust.  TRex reordered their too.  We saw where Joe Strummer lived and he "lived by the River!" 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

Epic footage and sound.

I was in London for a week, did a Rock and Roll tour of the city one day, took us to where Keith Richards had his audition, Jimi's loft, Keith Moon's loft, the bars they all hung at, Abbey Road, Amy Winehouse, Freddie Mercury and Jimmy Page's homes in the city.  They took us to the studio where he recorded Hunky Dory and Ziggy Stardust.  TRex reordered their too.  We saw where Joe Strummer lived and he "lived by the River!" 

Wow.  That must have been incredible.  

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Wow.  That must have been incredible.  

It was awesome.  For a music junky like me, I was enthralled.  Our guide was a roadie turned band manager and worked with some of the new wave bands of the 80s.  Wealth of knowledge.  We did 9 hours!  Lol.  While it also was up my alley content wise, it was also a great way to see the city because he took us to parts of town and down roads and alleys we never have seen otherwise and then we went to some of the bars and music lounges he suggested. 

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

It was awesome.  For a music junky like me, I was enthralled.  Our guide was a roadie turned band manager and worked with some of the new wave bands of the 80s.  Wealth of knowledge.  We did 9 hours!  Lol.  While it also was up my alley content wise, it was also a great way to see the city because he took us to parts of town and down roads and alleys we never have seen otherwise and then we went to some of the bars and music lounges he suggested. 

I could have spent weeks listening to those guys on that tour.   No joke, did you visit the spot where Marc Bolan's Mini went off the road?

8 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I could have spent weeks listening to those guys on that tour.   No joke, did you visit the spot where Marc Bolan's Mini went off the road?

We did but we couldn’t get out at that point and I think my friend got the pic because he was on that side of the bus.  

C3493697-C43A-4925-9B34-4F3112047145.png

CDDF07D4-1F7E-4201-A1AA-6870978D6EB9.png

A3819DB1-C182-4259-8AE8-0A4B2D99E235.jpeg

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

The last pic is the current home of Jimmy Page.

That's the place where Page had a dispute with his next door neighbor, pop star Robbie Williams, right?  Something about Williams wanting to install a pool and Page saying it would undermine the integrity of his historic home.

10 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

That's the place where Page had a dispute with his next door neighbor, pop star Robbie Williams, right?  Something about Williams wanting to install a pool and Page saying it would undermine the integrity of his historic home.

Yep.  He also apparently outbid Bowie for it.  It’s was built in like 1845 by a famous architect, really cool place.  There is a gargoyle on the right side by the roof line and it started moving, clearly a camera.  Haha 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Yeah, I have really been looking forward to this one since reading about it a while back.  Can't wait.

The preview is visually stunning, knowing Morgen had full access to the estate, we're going to see a ton of never before seen footage and access.  I'm so excited.

• Upvote 1